HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Cammalleri: "We play like losers" Update- Misquoted?

Old
01-11-2012, 03:20 PM

vCash: 500
My only problem with the article is that he always said "we" and never "I". Does he realize he might be the softest/weakest player in the league right now? He never wins a puck battle against the boards, he shies away from contact all the time and last game every time he was in our half of the ice I knew we would get scored on. Totally useless midget if he's not scoring goals. A joke of a "sniper".

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't see the problem here? He's bang on. Good for him for trying to wake the team up.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
So he says the truth... Okay.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Capitano

He is right, but he is still playing like ass.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
MathMan

Reminds me of when Alex Tanguay complained about his icetime under Carbonneau and was essentially told to put up and shut up. Thing is, he was right. I think Cammy has a point, here, too.

This is clearly aimed at the Habs' coaching, and Randy in particular. Didn't take long for the first flickers of mutiny to appear under the new coach. I'm surprised. Wasn't Cammy supposed to be one of the guys asking for Martin's head?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
tigerman111

Trade the bum

tigerman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Coldplay
Courage

He's playing like a loser, fine, but I like what he's saying.

I don't like his whining for ice time, though.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
But why would you reward a guy who has been playing like complete crap?

Maybe he'd get more minutes if he actually gave an effort out there. Right now, he's bringing nothing to the team. Honestly, he's been entering Scott Gomez territory.
Because he is your go to guy !!!! Just let him play. It's really not all that complicated. Are we doing any better you way ? No. It's ok though we will keep giving the Darches of this team 12 mins and some PP time , because wekk he speaks french and the merdia likes him ! Like i said, the Habs are now officially a farce.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:29 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I'd rather he just step up and do his talking on the ice, okay you guys are playing like losers so go out on the ice and do something about it then..

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Gagnon is such a ****** bag, it wouldn't surprise me if his quotes were lost in translation.
Don't think so.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't see the problem here? He's bang on. Good for him for trying to wake the team up.
Wake himself up you mean? He's the biggest reason for us being losers. He is paid to be a PPG dynamic winger who leads the offense. Instead he's not even worthy of a roster spot. His play is detrimental to the on-ice success of the club.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When did Corey move a player for saying something similar?
He moved Carbonneau for the finger.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman111 View Post
Trade the bum
Typical Habs fan ! This is why we are where we are ! We need more Darches in Montreal.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Like i was saying earlier in the year ! Darche doesnt deserve the minute he is getting ! He wouldnt even be able to make the St Lou roster yet plays on our PP ! What a farce this team has become. Cammy wants to play 25 min. and i bet he would be way more motivated if he got them.
Yes, Darche and his fewest minutes out of any of the regular fowards is the entire problem with this team.

His icetime did go up under RC but it's still not what the cause of the problem is.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Nothing wrong with what he said.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
If Ronald Corey was still Team President cammy's ass would be out of here before he even got back to his house
Does anyone remember this guy running the team into the ground?

Why should we care what he would say/do.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I don't like his whining for ice time, though.
If his icetime gets cut in favor of Michael Blunden, he's right to complain. That is insane.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
SeriousHabs

They are not playing like losers, they are playing like a team that lacks the talent of its opponents. It really is that simple. The fans won't see it, because they use words like ''thug'' to describe Mr. ''34 points in 116 games''.

Carey Price had some equally harsh words, but he was much more diplomatic about it. When he was asked to evaluate the performence of his teamates, he just repeated that he would never throw his teammates under the bus. He basically said that he couldn't admit on air that the team played like ****. You could hear the disdain in his voice. Good on him.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:35 PM
onice

Let's see what Cammy is saying to the coach through this blow up in the article.

You've asked me to play a responsible game and I've shown you that I'm not really interested in that. Let the scrubs backcheck. I want to fondle my blade after I wind up and shoot towards the net. If I miss, it doesn't matter, I look cool doing it. I don't look cool backchecking. That's grunt work.

So, I've shown you that I won't do the hard work. Now, I'm going public with it. We're playing like losers because ME the great ME is asked to be responsible in my own end.

This is what I have to say: Get this puke out of here.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:35 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
He is paid to be a PPG dynamic winger who leads the offense.
Thing is, Martin used him as a heavy-duty defensive forward alongside Plekanec once Gomez was injured, facing the toughest opposition night in and night out. He was never going to lead the offense in these circumstances, but he was going to contribute and he was going to get his icetime.

And now Randy is using him as a third-liner.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Ironic coming from him, as some have already pointed out hes one of if not the biggest culprit of playing "like a loser". Does anyone else agree with him though?

I feel like under JM they were always trying to adapt to other teams, and not attempt to control the game and assert a style favourable to their strengths. Counter punching systems like this have a shelf life, as we saw, and I feel RC has opened them up a bit, however some of Cammalleri's comments are valid.

The team (when its retooled/rebuilt) needs to start dictating the pace of games and relying on good puck possession and passing to make the most of our speed and skill. Just because we don't have a Giroux or OV or Crosby, etc on the team doesn't mean we can't score by committee. I would love to see this be the emphasis going forward, while at the same time acquiring more grit and size to support the skill guys.

Montreal used to have a great cycle of generations on their teams. Generations of "winners" who would bring the next generation along and so on. Somewhere along the line, for who knows how many reasons, the cycle broke or just wasn't as effective. We saw less and less quality players on our teams during the dark years and we slowly got back up to bubble status. When the Koivu/Kovalev era team was blown up and the Gio/Cammy/Gomez era began, I hoped it would regenerate the cycle of development so we can build a consistent contending frnachise, but obviously things did not go as well as we would have liked.

I think when cammy said "And we must always play without fear of making mistakes"(translated), it really spelled it out for me. This is what I'm getting at in terms of what I agree with. Believing you can win and doing so because you believe in the skills you have. We have a very interesting team coming up in the future, and I'm putting faith in the younger guys to lead this franchise back to respectability when they are the leaders on the team. Price, gorges, and PK have already been put into leadership roles/roles with heavy responsibility early and have responded well enough, but I'm not just talking about those guys. I think the key is our fowards: Eller, Pac, DD, Leblanc, Gallagher, AK (it seems like hes becoming pretty steady), etc have heart and play like "winners". The compete level of these guys are great and along with their offensive potential we could have a good/great generation of players.

Here's hoping the next GM regime adapts our team to the modern NHL game, and have strong leadership from the then-veterans to bring along the then-rookies/young players and start building a strong, consistent contender a la Detroit, where a "family atmosphere" of the organization leads to playing with pride, loyalty from the players, and it gets everyone on board with the game plan, whatever it may be.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
In two seasons he went from a Playoff hero clutch performer to a loser.

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:38 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If his icetime gets cut in favor of Michael Blunden, he's right to complain. That is insane.
Yeah, his time is being cut in favor of Blunden. Sheesh, are you ever reaching for straws.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
In two seasons he went from a Playoff hero clutch performer to a loser.
Easy to do in this city !

Old
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Optimus Price

He's right but then again he's the biggest loser on the team right now. The honeymoon with him is over, and I think it is time to move on without him. It's not like we'll get to see his heroics in the playoffs this year anyway.

Optimus Price is offline   Reply With Quote