HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammalleri being booed..

Old
01-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Unless there's a miracle, he will also finish this season with 32 points in 32 playoff games as a Hab. So now can we judge his performance/worth on what he's done in the regular season?
And hopefully his amazing performance in the playoffs will be what help us get something decent for him in a trade. He needs to go, like now.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:00 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Cammy not making any friends by saying the coach doesn't give him enough of icetime to stay in shape, so he has to put an extra effort during practices.

https://twitter.com/#!/bobthefire/st...68692831059968

Wth cammy?

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure where you get that Cammalleri isn't giving it his all or doesn't care.

Do people expect him to go into corners headfirst and start running guys? The guy is a scorer, to a certain extent he has to generate his chances but he also has to find open ice and shoot the puck if he gets set up. People said the same thing about Brett Hull, not saying Cammy is Brett Hull but they play a similar style game. If he starts playing like Blunden he will be helping the team even less.
Cammalieri is not the real problem here: it's the mix of players we have that's problematic. If we had say another Moen and another Eller on the team, Cammalieri would probably be scoring. Instead we have too many smallish perimeter guys. It's unfortunate but i just can't see Cammy succeeding here with the players we currently have. And therein lies the problem: he's the kind of star player that is kind of useless if he doesn't have the right linemates. With the current lineup we have, you can't have players like that on the ice.

Old
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Cammalieri is not the real problem here: it's the mix of players we have that's problematic. If we had say another Moen and another Eller on the team, Cammalieri would probably be scoring. Instead we have too many smallish perimeter guys. It's unfortunate but i just can't see Cammy succeeding here with the players we currently have. And therein lies the problem: he's the kind of star player that is kind of useless if he doesn't have the right linemates. With the current lineup we have, you can't have players like that on the ice.
We've added Pacioretty (a more productive one when he came back last year) and Cole to the lineup since he's got here and his production has got worse every year. I'd give him a pass if he showed up and worked his ass off like Gionta every night but he looks lazy and not interested out there.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:16 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Cammalleri has always been a prima dona and a selfish player. It's even worse when he's not scoring and getting frustated. Problems in LA...problems in CGY and... problems in MTL. PG has to ship him somewhere and get a Kyle Clifford kind of player, a pick and a salary dump.

vad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Cammalleri has always been a prima dona and a selfish player. It's even worse when he's not scoring and getting frustated. Problems in LA...problems in CGY and... problems in MTL. PG has to ship him somewhere and get a Kyle Clifford kind of player, a pick and a salary dump.
What the **** are we gonna win with a Kyle Clifford?

I hate this fanbase, instaed of getting your players working at full capacity lets give them all away...only to complain how our GM got ripped off...brilliant!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:22 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Tonight Cammy has clearly been targeted by the crowd boing him aloud at a couple of times..

We all know what usually happen when Habs fans target one of their own players, it usually doesnt end well..

My question, do you think the boos are deserved and do you think Cammy is still a Habs after the deadline?
Cammy should have taken Bryan Murray's offer for 500k less. Hope he is enjoying the extra cake right about now. The pressure is enormous in Montreal. I think he knew what he was getting himself into. Is his skin thick enough? Personally, I don't think so for much longer.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Tonight Cammy has clearly been targeted by the crowd boing him aloud at a couple of times..

We all know what usually happen when Habs fans target one of their own players, it usually doesnt end well..

My question, do you think the boos are deserved and do you think Cammy is still a Habs after the deadline?
yes and yes

he deserve to be booed
he is the most paid player right now (excluding injuries)

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:

I hate this fanbase, instaed of getting your players working at full capacity lets give them all away...only to complain how our GM got ripped off...brilliant!
I'm not sure what the big problem is. Cammy has been here for a 2 1/2 years now, and he's worked at full capacity for maybe 15 to 20 % of that time. What do you want the coaches to do about that? Why is it that Kostitsyn, who can't speak the language that well and who plays more of a Kovalev type game than Cammy, is buying into the system and working to his full capacity each night? Why do you think St. Louis beat us last night. Work, work, work. Cammalieri thinking things all wrong right now. He thinks a couple of goals will get him going, but that's not how it works anymore. Every player on this team HAS to play good two-way hockey in order for us to succeed. There's no way around it. There's no place on pretty much any team anymore for one-trick ponies, because each team is so much better defensively. At this point i could care less if Cammy scores. Just show me your implicated in all three zones all game long. Make an effort.

Old
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

He's still one of the softest Habs players in recent memory. Right up there with Alex Tanguay.

01-11-2012, 01:58 PM
vad87

Quote:

This team is so freaking tough that a youg tough guy able to play hockey like Clifford will be useless. Much better to have a 6M selfish lazy ass non-sniper who's complaining about his ice time...

Old
01-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
This team is so freaking tough that a youg tough guy able to play hockey like Clifford will be useless. Much better to have a 6M selfish lazy ass non-sniper who's complaining about his ice time...
It was clear as day last night against the Blues. We were so much bigger and stronger than them, and worked so much harder, that all they could muster was 19 shots on net. I wonder what they're thinking over there...

Old
01-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
He's still one of the softest Habs players in recent memory. Right up there with Alex Tanguay.
I have seen the word "softest" often these last days, but what do people mean by using this word on a player? I'm a little bit lost.

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
vad87

@FelixSeguinRDS
Félix Séguin
#canadiens Michael Cammalleri :"I have not forgot how to play hockey in 30 games. I know I am a better player now that I have ever been."

Old
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I have seen the word "softest" often these last days, but what do people mean by using this word on a player? I'm a little bit lost.
Usually means that he's not physical+does not work hard.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
mrcontractor

MAGodinMarc Antoine Godin

"Le CH a une attitude de 'loser'", a dit Cammalleri à mon collègue @GagnonFrancois. http://*******/A8YI5x Finira-t-il l'année à Montréal?

OUCH !

mrcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Guy Germaine

Cammy wearing out his welcome real fast after that Gagnon arcticle. Whining about his ice time and the team's losing attitude?

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote