HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kadri to Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2012, 04:02 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
hey, you guys asked what it would take. don't give me attitude just because you didn't like the answer.

unbelievable.
You wouldn't get attitude if you answer was anywhere near being reasonable.

Old
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Outside of Price, i don't think there is anyone on the Habs that fit the Leafs needs, and doubt Price is traded anytime soon

Old
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Eller is a top six player with size...
Barely. He's more of a great 3rd line center, who can play on the 2nd in a pinch.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
That's why you're not GM. The Habs first is likely to be 10-20. Kadri is a top ten pick with first line potential, and is exactly where he should be in his development two years in. A third, which is unlikely to even make the NHL, much less provide an impact, is the difference?

Pick proposals get slammed for a reason.

habs COULD end up being a lottery pick... they are (i believe 4-5 points out of being top 3 pick ... it would be a gamble for sure... but one that could pay off significantly especially if habs sell near deadline ... then again ... if theyre thinking of selling they probably wouldnt trade 1st rounder ... none the less ... it is something that could pay off huge on a player that is just starting to show signs of nhl upside

Old
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
TML4eva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
The 7th overall picks usually don't take 3 yrs to crack a bad team.he's far back in his development.
Can you tell me which player in the draft are actually in their respective teams?

Old
01-11-2012, 04:04 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
Seriously Seriously.
Their is always 2 sides of the coin. Cammalleri is maybe overpaid by 1 million and is small, but then he is also a clutch goal scorer and playoff successor. Gill is old, but very useful to a last place PK team.

Here let me try:

Kadri is also small, and hasn't proved SQUAT, at the NHL level.
Aulie is tall and slow, and seems the only thing he can provide is toughness.
Lombardi is overpaid and injury riddled.

Of course that deal would come at the deadline, and if we actually have a shot at making the playoffs.

If were out of contention by the deadline, then I also wouldn't do that deal either..

Leafs Nations needs playoffs, and Burkie knows this.
Kadri isn't small, and he's a prospect. Of course he hasn't proven anything at the NHL. He's a rookie. Have you seen Aulie even play? He's not slow at all. Schenn is slow. Aulie is not.

Gill and Cammalleri are players you buy on the market every summer. You don't move two very young rookies with great upside that are currently playing significant minutes on a team in the playoff hunt for Gill and Cammalleri. The Leafs didn't want Cammalleri for free when he was knocking on their door two years ago, and traded Gill away for picks when they did have him.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:04 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
If ur not willing 2 give ur 2012 1st + the KADRI will nevr wear a habs sweater!
Kadri will never wear the swearter because he's sure as hell not worth the Habs
2012 +. Keep wishing and dreaming.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Fastasaurus

I don't think the leafs would be willing to give up Kadri unless it was a return for that true #1 centre. They've waited for him to develop and while I haven't seen a ton of his games, he has looked real good since they called him up.

I don't think the Habs have the right assets to get it done.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
not the type burke is looking for. can't beleive i had to actually spell that out for you, either.
Didn't you know the "Burke-type-player" is actually a myth? At least it is when I try finding its personification in the Leafs' current line-up.

Eller is an asset any organization would like to have. He's a gritty workhorse with a no-quit attitude. If he's not at least partially what your GM is looking for, then I'm just sorry for you guys.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

I'd be more interested in Kulemin for Cammalleri type of deal.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:09 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
I don't think the leafs would be willing to give up Kadri unless it was a return for that true #1 centre. They've waited for him to develop and while I haven't seen a ton of his games, he has looked real good since they called him up.

I don't think the Habs have the right assets to get it done.
Winnah!

Perfectly put.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
You wouldn't get attitude if you answer was anywhere near being reasonable.
my answer was perfectly reasonable.

unlike your ability to have a civil conversation about anything regarding the leafs, apparently.

i simply gave an example of who the leafs would be looking for if they traded kadri. a normal person would have replied "no thanks, he's to valuable to our team. doesn't look like there's a trade to be made here".

if you're not capable of being civil and discussing trade proposals involving teams you obviously hate, why do even bother? what exactly did you contribute to this conversation?

Old
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd be more interested in Kulemin for Cammalleri type of deal.
bwhahahahaha

No thanks.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:11 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

outside of price there's nothing i want from the habs

Old
01-11-2012, 04:11 PM
IWD

Quote:
The 7th overall picks usually don't take 3 yrs to crack a bad team.he's far back in his development.
Kadri was drafted two seasons ago, not three. His first season was spent lighting up the OHL. Last season he was PPG in the AHL. He was on pace to make the Leafs out of training camp this season, and then injured his knee. When he came back, because the Leafs ARE actually a pretty good team, he was sent to the AHL to get back up to par. He's now back on the team, and putting up points.

He's right on track in his development. Get your facts straight.

Last edited by IWD: 01-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Barely. He's more of a great 3rd line center, who can play on the 2nd in a pinch.
Are we talking upside or current status? If Eller is a 3rd liner, Kadri is an NHL-AHL tweener. They both will obviously become much better as they mature.

My evaluation if we're strictly talking potential: Eller has great top-six two-way upside and Kadri has great offensive upside, maybe good enough for top line duties.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

eller is playing 3rd line minutes on a non playoff team. we don't need another 3rd line center.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
superrich

The only players that would interest the Leafs at the cost of Kadri are: Plekanec, Subban, or Price. Kadri is probably the Leaf's biggest trading piece that they would consider moving, so they would want a big name player who is still young coming back, obviously in a package deal. Habs are probably not willing to trade any of those 3, so there isn't a deal that will work.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Didn't you know the "Burke-type-player" is actually a myth? At least it is when I try finding its personification in the Leafs' current line-up.

Eller is an asset any organization would like to have. He's a gritty workhorse with a no-quit attitude. If he's not at least partially what your GM is looking for, then I'm just sorry for you guys.
what are you a used car salesman? 198 pound soft center isn't the player with size the leafs are looking for. he's the same size as kessel FFS. i never said anything about a burke type player, i said he's not the type burke is looking for. don't put words in my mouth.

the leafs have plenty of size in the their bottom 6 and are looking for a player for the top 6 with some size that can win board battles. i don't care how many times you tell me lars eller is a gritty workhorse and whatever else, he's not what the leafs need. WE HAVE ENOUGH 2ND/3RD LINE CENTERS. i'll take kadri's slick hands and play making skills over eller any day of the week. nothing you say will change my mind.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
habs COULD end up being a lottery pick... they are (i believe 4-5 points out of being top 3 pick ... it would be a gamble for sure... but one that could pay off significantly especially if habs sell near deadline ... then again ... if theyre thinking of selling they probably wouldnt trade 1st rounder ... none the less ... it is something that could pay off huge on a player that is just starting to show signs of nhl upside
Coulda shoulda woulda. Why gamble? We already have a top ten pick that, according to scouting reports, only fell because of his maturity. Sure, it COULD pay off, but it's vastly more likely that we come out looking like idiots for trading him.

Poor asset management, in my opinion. We take all the risk, and Montreal laughs at us.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Hulk Hogan*

Nazem Kadri
Matthew Lombardi
Cody Franson
1st round pick 2012

Mike Cammalleri
Nathan Beaulieu
Danny Kristo

Old
01-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Kadri View Post
Can you tell me which player in the draft are actually in their respective teams?
Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, Kane, Schenn (traded), EkmanLarsson, Kadri, Cowen, MPS, Ellis, Kulikov, Leddy (traded), Rundblad (traded), Josefson, Erixon (traded), Johansson, Caron, Palmieri, Despres.

Others: Ryan O'Reilly, Clifford, Lander, Lehner, Tatar (2nd rounders)

Now I don't follow all these teams. Of those picked before Kadri, other than Schenn and perhaps OEL (who I know little about) they're having great starts to their carriers, and have a few years in under their belt. For those drafted behind Kadri, none of them other than Kulikov have really done anything at the NHL level and are still considered high prospects. Calling Kadri anything but that isn't fair yet. Give him another few years before labeling him a failure.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:22 PM
LandofLincoln

To Chicago Gunnarsson

To Toronto Viktor (hat trick) Stalberg

Old
01-11-2012, 04:23 PM
mytor4*

[QUOTE=Drur93;42310953]Kadri was drafted two seasons ago, not three. His first season was spent lighting up the OHL. Last season he was PPG in the AHL. He was on pace to make the Leafs out of training camp this season, and then injured his knee. When he came back, because the Leafs are not actually a pretty good team, he was sent to the AHL to get back up to par. He's now back on the team, and putting up points.

He's right on track in his development. Get your facts straight.[/QUOTE

He was drafted in 2009.This is his 3rd season. There are many already playing a steady role in the NHL from 2009 onward. He now is jbeing given a chance to crack
the line up. It's not a sure thing yet. His 5 points in 12 games to date isn't bad but he hasn't developed as fast as many claimed he would.I got my facts straight.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
superrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan View Post

Nazem Kadri
Matthew Lombardi
Cody Franson
1st round pick 2012

Mike Cammalleri
Nathan Beaulieu
Danny Kristo
Leafs have no need at all for Cammalleri, especially for his salary.

Closed Thread