HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Cammalleri: "We play like losers" Update- Misquoted?

Old
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
He's right

but

he's gone

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

"We" does include the guy that speaks right? Takes a whole lot of nerves to go with that kind of statement. His attitude has to be amongst the worst on the ice.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
"We" does include the guy that speaks right? Takes a whole lot of nerves to go with that kind of statement. His attitude has to be amongst the worst on the ice.
Normally it does, but he did say right after that, that he's never played better as far as he's concerned.

mrcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I like how pointing out Cammalleri's faults somehow invalidates his claim. He is 100% correct, and he is included in his comments. The team is bad and very boring to watch.
He is included in his comments? The guy is claiming to play his best hockey of his carreer then says Habs are playing like losers? If at least he was playing well I wouldnt say one thing but he is probably the worst of the bunch blowing his defensive coverages, avoid physical contact and not going in the dirty areas.. If there is a guy in this team who doesnt play the right way its Cammalleri, those comments are the cherry on the cake, an insult for the fans and the jersey..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:26 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
So he's complaining about ice time? ****ing primadonna. He's playing like ****. He's lucky he hasn't been benched yet.
5-on-5, Cammy has about as many goals and points per icetime as Cole or Plekanec, and he's comfortably into first-liner production levels.

It's on the PP that it ain't working, him and every Hab not named Erik Cole.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
Speaking of which, serious question here for everyone....is there this much drama with other teams in the NHL ? Seems like Habland is an everyday soap opera.
Nah, when things go to ****, this team has enough content to have a daily TV show about it. EDIT: As a matter of fact, we pretty much have two of them on late night TV.

Team Popularity + Media Hounding For Blood = Drama. Lots and lots of drama.

And not a lot you can do about it really.

It stops when the team wins. Or after somebody shivs all the media mother****ers.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:27 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Darkest day in Habs... oh wait.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
What a rat!! What a disgusting person.. Shame on him!! 0 pride to wear the Jersey, the guy is probably unhappy to pay high taxes.. I say trade him where the taxes are even higher..
I would trade his ass to Winnipeg.

68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's not a reward, the guy is being paid to play a lot. Even if he has a bad stretch, when you remove his ice time, it's a punishment. It's not a reward for him to get ice time, it's an expectation.

There is nothing wrong with what Cammy said, and I'd be just as pissed if I were in his place. When I see guys like Darche and Blunden play up to 14min at times, it's overly frustrating.
Sure, he's not playing that well, but isn't that what almost every player that supposed to score says? Play me more and I will score more. Didn't Andrei say the same thing? Didn't Tanguay as MM said? Pretty sure Kovalev said something along those lines as well no?
We are not scoring goals. I don't care how bad a year he's having, play the guy that is supposed to score the goals more.

If we were winning and playing well, then it'd be different, but we're not.
I get what people are saying about Darche. I've been one of the biggest believers that this guy shouldn't be anything more than a 13th forward at the NHL level.

As for Cammalleri, my point is, if a guy is clearly playing like a soft, disinterested, and even scared (yes, this guy is absolutely terrified to go into the corners, He will avoid contact at every chance possible) "loser" then why on earth would he be expecting tons of ice time?

I understand that he's technically supposed to be one of our best forwards, hell maybe even our best forward, but he surely isn't playing like it.

With the way he's been playing, all the ice time in the world won't do a thing for his offensive stats.

I don't care if you're playing for the worst team in the league, you must EARN your ice time, no matter how talented you are.

01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
LouisJCloutier

Wow, terrible if he was quoted correctly. He just bought a ticket out of town.

That's a good thing. He should be ashmed of himself. He's one of the primary reason why the Habs are losing. So you are better then you ever were before ? Great ! Then put the *****ing puck in the *****ing net.

I think it's really time to clean the house and get a great draft pick. We could turnaround quite fast just like Philly some years ago.

Cammy, Kostitsyn and Moen could get us a nice return in march. Weber should be traded too. I love him, but we got Subban, Markov, Kaberle, Gorges, Diaz and Gorges ahead of him.

Gill in untradable IMO. Keep him and let him walk away in july. Don't think Campoli is tradable either. Maybe Darche could interest someone ?

Gomez on waiver then in the AHL. Try to sign something good in the summer with the money.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
GinoCyber*

Quote:
cause the strategy we're supposed to have, wich is a 2 man forecheck... sure is not going to work with a 5'8 Cammy and 5'7 Gionta on the same line (centered by a not much bigger C)...
Completely agree. Our little guys need to be spread out but you can't put them on the 4th line due to their salary, you can't break up the Eller line nor the Cole line.

What's left is one line open for the rest with Gomez coming back.

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I don't get it, Habs do play like losers according to the standings as well.

EDIT: Unless of course he's excluding himself in the statement. THEN I understand.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
was decent with DD and Cole also...

but it's obvious he cant play with Plekanec or Eller as they're both taking the load defensively.
This is pretty much it. He`s miscast whenever he`s played with Plekanec these past two years because he really isn`t a player that should be used in a defensive situation. It worked well his first year because Plekanec`s minutes were softer then because Gomez took a lot more of the tougher assignments in his first season. Wingers like Gionta, Cole, and even Pacioretty and Kostitsyn are better suited for that kind of assignment

He`s an exploiter of offensive opportunities, not a two-way force and he should be played that way.

His main problem is still the dysfunctioning power play though. He`s pretty close to his career pace on 5 on 5 scoring, expecting him to be much better there isn`t that realistic. His power play scoring is half of what it should be, which is why he`s pacing for 50 points instead of 60-5.

Michael Cammalleri 82 game point scoring pace:

This season:
Even Strength - 36.4
Power Play - 13.7
Total - 50.1

Previous 4 years:
Even Strength - 40.7
Power Play - 26.4
Total - 67.1

He`s here to be an pretty good even strength scorer and a power play force. He`s doing one of those jobs decently, the other one is nowhere near where it needs to be. I don`t know how much the powerplay problem is his fault, it could be because of general teamwide dysfunction there or it could be his specific problem. Certainly he isn`t burying his chances there like you`d expect from seeing him before. He`s been one of the better powerplay snipers in the league during his career, its disheartening to see that not working this year.

I also thing he`s a bit of an arrogant jackass. But I really don`t care much about that. I`ve suspected being a bit of a gloryhound is why he wanted to come to Montreal in the first place. And the flip side of it is how he`s put up some really impressive performances at important times when the limelight has been on him. So I doubt his personality is a net negative.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCyber View Post
Completely agree. Our little guys need to be spread out but you can't put them on the 4th line due to their salary, you can't break up the Eller line nor the Cole line.

What's left is one line open for the rest with Gomez coming back.
well, considering we're not winning games, trying something different would make sense...

caus while the Eller and DD lines are doing fine... it's still not enough for the Habs to win more than they lose...

I'd rather get Cole (or anyone else) having an average season on a good Habs team than Cole having a great season on a sucky team...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
5-on-5, Cammy has about as many goals and points per icetime as Cole or Plekanec, and he's comfortably into first-liner production levels.

Who cares about what the others players do. He, Michael Cammalleri, is playing far from his potential.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

Plekanec and Weber are doing all right there too but otherwise its a wasteland.

ES and PP scoring wise, its pretty close to Cammalleri is having about the season I`d expect from Cole and Cole having about the season I`d expect from Cammalleri.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Gagnon disagrees with you.
I didn't see Gagnon make any reference to the contrary? was it in another article?

Gagnon did make a point to highlight that Cammy is falling short in effort/intensity, given the faith Montreal showed in giving him the big pay day.

"Limité à neuf buts et 22 points en 37 rencontres, le franc-tireur à qui le Canadien a consenti un riche contrat de cinq ans d'une valeur totale de 30 millions $ - il touche 6 millions $ cette saison et empochera 7 millions $ l'an prochain et dans deux ans - est loin d'afficher l'intensité et la conviction nécessaire pour secouer sa léthargie personnelle."

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:45 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Who cares about what the others players do. He, Michael Cammalleri, is playing far from his potential.
But only on the power play.

Which is my point. Cutting his 5-on-5 icetime for lack of PP production makes no sense given that his 5-on-5 production is very good to excellent. And cutting his PP icetime where he remains better than most other Habs (alas) also makes no sense.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:45 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Marinaro is on RDS right now.

He said that both Cammy and PK are not being team players.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
ES and PP scoring wise, its pretty close to Cammalleri is having about the season I`d expect from Cole and Cole having about the season I`d expect from Cammalleri.
How much shooting has Cammy done on the PP versus 5-on-5?

I wonder if his lack of production isn't due to overemphasizing the point shot with traffic, which is sort of what he's pointing at. Given the Habs' lack of results, a change of tactics may not be wholly inappropriate.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

ahahaha I'm enjoying this.Cammalleri is done and I can't get enough of this drama.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Emanresu Wen

Good Cammalleri, now get your shiny ass out of here and count your dollar bills somewhere else

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

I wonder if his lack of production isn't due to overemphasizing the point shot with traffic, which is sort of what he's pointing at. Given the Habs' lack of results, a change of tactics may not be wholly inappropriate.
Hard to say, I don`t know anywhere that tracks that. That he`s scoring at a normal rate with his shots at even strength but not getting anything on the man advantage would be a good reason why is shooting percentage is in the sewer. Pretty much the same thing with Pacioretty, another guy who has been a great power play player before but isn`t getting the goals now. That they both play the right half-board this year might be a significant co-incidence. Although Pacioretty`s power play success has been as a great netman so I`m not sure if we can expect him to be any good from the half boards.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:53 PM
HeShootsHeScores

"We play like losers"

Nice, at least someone stands up an tells the truth

"As far as I'm concerned, I am a better player than ever"

Wait wut?! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

LMAO

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

question-

did you watch last nights game?

if so, you'd have seen that even with point blank shooting opportunities from the slot, on cross ice passes, Cammy is failing to convert...

at this point, watching him play (vs watching the stat sheet) you can see that he's an athlete uncomfortable in his situation.

could just be a slump, but looking at his comments, it would seem very unlikely that he's going to work himself out of it anytime soon... not with that attitude.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote