HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky "100% available"

Old
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Has 'LA' written all over it.
Only if it's for Penner straight up!

Highly dought Lombardi and Tambo do another deal any time soon.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
massey1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
He'll score 2 goals on Sunday against the Kings, the Kings will fall in love and he'll be having breakfast at Penner's house Tuesday morning. The Oilers will receive 2 #1s and Hemsky will be on IR by Friday.

That's about the best scenario I can come up with.

Hemsky is done. He's damaged goods and NOBODY is gonna offer these crazy packages people are asking for. He'll fetch a mid grade prospect or a 3rd round pick. By the deadline, if he's playing better, maybe a 2nd. This isnt Marian Hossa.
+1. He will be a playoff piece for a contender. What they want and what they get are two different things. Unless they plan on resigning him this summer, they should take the best offer. My guess is he goes to LA for Martin Jones/Jake Muzzin/Thomas Hickey & a 3rd/4th round pick.

massey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

why do some people think he'll get a first+prospect? leafs wise, we got a 1st+3rd for versteeg because he was playing well and was on pace for 50+pts, same with kaberle. They deserved those returns, I don't see how hemsky even gets a 1st straight up(unless it's the canucks or the bruins). He's on pace for 40pts, prorated for a whole season. before this season, yes. currently, no. Unless he just gets really hot before the deadline, he could fetch a 1st+bad prospect. Just go for the best d prospect/young dman you can find for him I say.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Dude, I'd do that in an instant, but I don't think Montreal would.
I'll call up PG personally and make him make the trade. I want Cammalleri off my team ASAP.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I read the headline as "100% healthy" and spit all over my monitor.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

A lot of low ball offers in here. He will probably bring back a late 1st and a decent prospect

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
A lot of low ball offers in here. He will probably bring back a late 1st and a decent prospect
For a guy with 14 points, upcoming UFA that everyone knows is not being re-signed in Edmonton, and hasn't been in the playoffs in 6 years? Also he's made of glass.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

He's such an injury prone. No thanks from LA.

Last edited by Cruel11: 01-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
tfong

Whomever trades for him, makesure you get the oilers to toss in a crutch and wheelchair

I think teams will still pay a first round pick (a late one) for him despite the obvious injury factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I'll call up PG personally and make him make the trade. I want Cammalleri off my team ASAP.
Can we (Flames) get Cammy back?

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Someone will overpay for him and be disappointed greatly. I could see him getting a first plus a mid level prospect from a desperate team like Minnesota
Minnesota's best offer would be around Zanon + 6th. You'd have to be bat**** insane to think they'd offer anything of value for a rental this year.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:49 PM
ThisYearsModel

Someone would really give up a #1 pick in a deep draft for Hemsky? Really? No way.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkinator View Post
I would think Philly is going to be a possibility, for a number of reasons. I also think he wont fetch nearly as much as he "should" be worth, its too bad that his career has been so damaged by injuries because he really was one the most skilled players in the league. He is still pretty young though and next year with a change of scenery I think he could have good come back season. Right now though he is done in Edmonton.
No room for him on Philly. Only way we go for a forward is if its Bobby Ryan or Getzlaf because they would be major upgrades and they are Flyer type players. I highly doubt we will go after any forward though.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
ThisYearsModel

Maybe Buffalo could trade for him. They could use another fragile, soft forward.........NOT.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
JohnWayne

if he can stay healthy he could do some damage--the problem is him staying healthy

JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:55 PM
WTFMAN99

a 2nd and a prospect (nothing blue chip)

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:55 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

I think a lot of you are going to be shocked of the return he's going to get. He's arguably the best rental on the market...

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Jets offer Oduya, Festerling and Jones

But I think NYR and San Jose make offers,

NYR - McDonaugh, Zuccarrello and 1st
San Jose - 1st, Hamilton and McGinn
that's a pretty hefty return for Hemsky.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't think Tambellini would have dropped his price either. So think something like Blum or Josi and a first from Nashville, Voynov and a first from LA...that sort of deal. Don't know if that gets done or not.
I think that both of those are overpayments x10 from NASH/LA, but that's just IMO.

If a 1st is involved (very possibly), I don't think you'd get a prospect of the caliber you're talking about. I know that if I was a NASH/LA fan, I'd be PISSED if a guy like Josi or Voynov were included.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Jets offer Oduya, Festerling and Jones

But I think NYR and San Jose make offers,

NYR - McDonaugh, Zuccarrello and 1st
San Jose - 1st, Hamilton and McGinn
Ranger might offer MZA & 1st - but there would be NO WAY they'd include McDonough.

When was the last time that a quality roster player went back the other way in a rental deal? I guess if you want to call Oduya a quality roster player (which I wouldn't)- it would be Kovalchuk? Can anyone else name a quality roster player moved for a rental? Especially of McDonough's quality?

I can't beleive what some people think Hemsky is worth. If a GM is desperate and overlooks both the health issues (possible) and poor recent play (not likely), he'll get a decent prospect and a 1st round DP. No young contributing roster players (Josi, McDonough), and no blue-chip prospects (Voynov, Blum).

Last edited by Beukeboom Fan: 01-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I3ig13ig

People on HF can say "Thats too much" or "He wont get anything" but every time they do, a trade comes up that blows everyone's mind on the return (Kaberle to Boston, Carter to CBJ, ext...) and shuts everyone up.

The fact is Hemsky wants to stay, which doesnt mean in anyway he will. Tambelini has price he wants for him and he wont accept a penny less. If that means we hold on to him, thats fine. He's probably looking at getting at least the Penner return. I think he will be dealt to a playoff team (Pits, Det, Nas, Tor, ext) as he is a almost a PPG player since the lockout and his only issues have been injuries the past few seasons and he seems to be healthy finally.

No doubt in my mind that a team bites and ends up taking him on.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Horseradish

I'd guess the asking price will be a top-4 dman and either a late first or pretty good prospect.

If TO would part with Gunarsson and their 1st, that would probably get it done. Or Gunarsson and Bozak.

Not saying the value is there for the other team, that's just what Edmonton will demand, I'd guess, and some team would eventually bite on it.

I hope not, I hope we can keep Hemmer and find a couple of tough minutes d-men through another trade and UFA market, but I have little faith that Tambellini is capable of doing much to meet expectations. He's constantly just below that line in the sand Oilers fans set for him. Like this summer, they desperately needed a top-4 dman and a decent veteran 3rd pairing dman, as well as a two-way, FO winning centre.

What'd Tambo do? He got one of the best centers for that role available. And then acquired a couple of barely NHL dmen in Sutton and Barker. Sutton fills the bottom pairing veteran much better than even the most optimistic had hoped, but Barker's possibly worse than we all knew he'd be.

So, Tambo will trade Hemmer for a similar deal as the Penner one, and he'll sign just one second pairing d-man in the off-season and this team will slowly continue it's snail's pace to the top of the standings...

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
bestmyfeeling

hemsky to minnesota for JONAS BRODIN!

pair up brodin and klefbom ---> GOLDEN

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
People on HF can say "Thats too much" or "He wont get anything" but every time they do, a trade comes up that blows everyone's mind on the return (Kaberle to Boston, Carter to CBJ, ext...) and shuts everyone up.

The fact is Hemsky wants to stay, which doesnt mean in anyway he will. Tambelini has price he wants for him and he wont accept a penny less. If that means we hold on to him, thats fine. He's probably looking at getting at least the Penner return. I think he will be dealt to a playoff team (Pits, Det, Nas, Tor, ext) as he is a almost a PPG player since the lockout and his only issues have been injuries the past few seasons and he seems to be healthy finally.

No doubt in my mind that a team bites and ends up taking him on.
No doubt some bad deals get made (Kaberle as a great example), but the VAST majority of deadline deals include "B" prospects and potentially 1st round DP's. Only "elite" players go for more than that, and I don't think that Hemsky falls into that category right now.

I don't understand the thought that Hemsky's injury history and really poor year will be overlooked and not impact his trade value. He might be the best rental forward available, but that's like being the smartest kid on the short bus. It doesn't his value goes up IMO.

And I think he will get moved for a good "rental" return. Would not be surprised by as much as a 1st round DP, and a decent prospect (maybe drafted in the 1st, but hasn't developed as expected). Anyone remember the Ryan Smythe deal to the Isles? A bunch of folks said "he got traded for 3 first round DP's!", which was inaccurate. He got traded for a 1st round DP, and two prospects who hadn't done anything to justify their 1st round selection.

Old
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Someone would really give up a #1 pick in a deep draft for Hemsky? Really? No way.
I'll say it again. It's not just about getting a top 6 forward for a cup-run. It's about getting rights to the most talented right winger who's going to become a free agent.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
JohnWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post

IF detroit does not get that old guy from the ducks I could see them going for hemsky--giving up a first and a prospect

JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote