HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Christensen accepts conditioning assignment

Old
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Nice, I like it, he needs to play some games. Hope he helps CT get some more wins too.

And if Duby is a little sore, sit him for tomorrows game. Let WW get his feet wet, and get duby back to "100" percent.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
EC had to say ok cause if he said no he would be waived and have to play in the AHL anyway

good that he went down but its just a matter of time that he's officially gondie

btw is EC off the cap for 2 weeks?

Last edited by Vitto79: 01-11-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
SRTtoZ

THANK YOU BASED GOD. Now leave him there...

Conditioning stint my ass...

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

question...what if Christensen gets hurt during the conditioning stint?? does he have to be called back up to the Rangers since its only a conditioning stint???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
question...what if Christensen gets hurt during the conditioning stint?? does he have to be called back up to the Rangers since its only a conditioning stint???
I don't think it matters what they call it. I think he'll still have to go through waivers. If he gets hurt down there it would be the same as if Avery gets hurt.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
I don't think it matters what they call it. I think he'll still have to go through waivers. If he gets hurt down there it would be the same as if Avery gets hurt.
i dont think so. i think they would send him down just like they did to Avery and not call it a conditioning stint

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Vitto79

did anyone confirm if EC is on the cap for this 2 weeks?

on the NYR website he is off the main roster.........heres hping its a smart way to lose a cap hit for a few weeks.......then do the same for WW if he's still sitting

Old
01-11-2012, 07:07 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did anyone confirm if EC is on the cap for this 2 weeks?

on the NYR website he is off the main roster.........heres hping its a smart way to lose a cap hit for a few weeks.......then do the same for WW if he's still sitting
Cap hit still on the books.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Cap hit still on the books.
crrrrrrrrrrrap! thanks for the info. check out the roster on the main website.......no EC..........I actually think he's not coming back, lol.

If he cant showcase himself for a deal they should just waive him and let him stay there

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Old
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM
XLJ

Dont know why its just a conditioning stint. Just waive him already and keep him in Hartford for good.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Dont know why its just a conditioning stint. Just waive him already and keep him in Hartford for good.
With the conditioning stint he doesn't count against the vet limit for the Whale.

They've got a ton of vets down there already and in the AHL you gotta dress at least 12 skaters and 1 goalie who aren't considered vets.

"Veterans" currently on the Whale: Avery, Voros, Thuresson, Deveaux (suspended for 3), Newbury, Redden, Bell. Had they waived EC one of these players would have to sit, along with AD's suspension, in order to meet the roster requirements.

Guess we'll see what happens in 14 days and 5 games with EC. Hopefully he puts up some points and an NHL team decides to take a chance on him and Slats can just unload.

Old
01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
With the conditioning stint he doesn't count against the vet limit for the Whale.

They've got a ton of vets down there already and in the AHL you gotta dress at least 12 skaters and 1 goalie who aren't considered vets.

"Veterans" currently on the Whale: Avery, Voros, Thuresson, Deveaux (suspended for 3), Newbury, Redden, Bell. Had they waived EC one of these players would have to sit, along with AD's suspension, in order to meet the roster requirements.

Guess we'll see what happens in 14 days and 5 games with EC. Hopefully he puts up some points and an NHL team decides to take a chance on him and Slats can just unload.
Vets:
Nightingale
MZA?
Redden
Avery
Voros
Newbury
Thuresson
Deveaux
Bell
Bouchard(@253 games)
Owens

Quote:
What is the Veteran Rule?

Each AHL Club must dress for each regularly scheduled or play-off game, at least eleven (11) Players, other than goaltenders, who have played in a total of not more than two hundred and sixty (260) regular season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey League, or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season, and one (1) player, other than goaltenders, who has played in a total of not more than three hundred and twenty (320) regular season games in the National Hockey League, American Hockey League, International Hockey League, or any European Elite League, prior to the start of the season. Any Player who participates in European Elite League games during a hockey season in which the Player would be eligible to play in the Canadian Hockey League (excluding an overage year) shall not have such games count in the calculation of the two hundred and sixty (260) regular season games. Players on loan from the National Hockey League for a first fourteen (14) day conditioning period shall not be affected by the aforesaid experience requirement.

In the event a Club dresses fewer than seventeen (17) skaters, the number eleven (11) shall be reduced accordingly. In the event the Member Clubs elect to dress eighteen (18) skaters, the development rule minimum number of eleven (11) shall be increased to twelve (12).
http://www.phpa.com/en/content/home/...ing-agreement/

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Vets:
Nightingale
MZA?
Redden
Avery
Voros
Newbury
Thuresson
Deveaux
Bell
Bouchard(@253 games)
Owens

http://www.phpa.com/en/content/home/...ing-agreement/
I believe Nightingale, Bouchard [not quite there, as you noted], and Owens don't count because they exceeded 260 games during this years play. I could be wrong though.

EDIT - Also this link (http://theahl.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/...8-09_rules.pdf) says 12, not 11

Old
01-11-2012, 08:21 PM
BlueHavok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Avery/Christensen/Voros

Dream line.
funniest thing i've read all day.....well played.

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:

In 5 games he's going to put up 30 points and show that sidney crosby's healthy brain reappeared in his body. Then he's going to get a concussion and be out for the season, but those 5 games get the rangers to lock him up long term.

Next season he comes back, goes back to his old self and torts flips out at him every day, and he can't bear this so he slits his wrists.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Christensen
I havent played a lot, Christensen said. I love hockey. Thats more the point, I just want to play hockey. I understand there are things I need to work on but I just want to be on the ice. Im excited to get some games again.
Good kid. Hopefully he picks up his game and gets going somewhere.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote