HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Luke Schenn coming to Philly? (Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News)

Old
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
officialmark7*

vCash: 500
Schenn isnt even playing bad, people just expect him to play like Pronger every night... Whether you get him or not, as a Leaf fan Ill tell you right now he will be an absolute beast in 2-3 years. As a Leaf fan I hope we dont traded him and you guys dont seem to want to give up enough for us to want to trade him so hopfully nothing happens. Anyways watching you guys in 24/7 was a real treat. G is unreal... Take it easy guys!

officialmark7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
officialmark7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Apparently Burke was on the radio mentioning a trade was on the horizon and used an example of trading a young player of one position for a young player of another position

used a 22 year old for another 22 year old as an example

jvr is 22 so is schenn....if we trade jvr ill be so pissed.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLYERS FANS!!!!!!

The interviews in here... he just used 22 as an example, it wouldnt make sense to tell everybody your plans IMO...

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...11_185113_3628

officialmark7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'm sure there are still Maple Leafs fans that are still trying to trade us Tomas Kaberle.
You would think they would leave us alone since Homer moved Jeff Carter. Now they are after JVR and Wayne Simmonds. Reading the leafs board, they really want Simmer more than JVR. Don't piss me off Homer.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
You would think they would leave us alone since Homer moved Jeff Carter. Now they are after JVR and Wayne Simmonds. Reading the leafs board, they really want Simmer more than JVR. Don't piss me off Homer.
Burke's not stupid.... He knows the more talented of the two there. Even when JVR is struggling he is putting more points on the board then Simmer. If we want Schenn we will almost positively give up a top notch forward (JVR, Voracek). If Homer somehow got Schenn for Simmer, it would be a gigantic steal. Also that's why leafs fans are not running that franchise haha

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Sievegalov

Seravalli is moron.

We're getting Stamkos! Remember that gem from Frankie boy?

Sievegalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Daniel Damphousse

Mark this down Flyers fans. 2 years from now up until 10 years from now, there will be 5 or 6 teams who will be a Luke Schenn away from winning the cup. I hope that made sense.

Daniel Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sievegalov View Post
Seravalli is moron.

I don't think he said that.

I'm pretty sure it all started from Gargano on WIP. I was listening to WIP soon after the Richards and Carter trades and Gargano kept talking about Stamkos and people ran with it. At least that was my impression.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:46 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Damphousse View Post
Mark this down Flyers fans. 2 years from now up until 10 years from now, there will be 5 or 6 teams who will be a Luke Schenn away from winning the cup. I hope that made sense.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post

I'm pretty sure it all started from Gargano on WIP. I was listening to WIP soon after the Richards and Carter trades and Gargano kept talking about Stamkos and people ran with it. At least that was my impression.
Seravalli definitely did more than just run with it. Gargano was just a talk show host saying what his gut was telling him. Seravalli was a credible beat writer supposedly had legit sources. That said, Servalli reported that the Flyers were having internal discussions about going after Stamkos. For all we know, they had those discussions and decided it wasn't worth it. To many people see rumors and think that will always amount to something. Most of the time they don't.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post

He was saying that. He basically was saying that it was a done deal.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:16 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sievegalov View Post
Seravalli is moron.

Truth. People I went to grade school are wondering what kind of connections his parents had for him to get that job.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Ah... the chewbacca defense.

Just watched that episode last night lolz.

It's too funny.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
So, let's say we trade JVR for Schenn. Does that mean in 5-6 years the Flyers will be a JVR away from a Cup, and the Leafs will be a Schenn away from a Cup?

01-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

I really would much much much rather have Ryan Suter then Luke Schenn. If its JVR+1st to deal for Suter you have to at least think about it if your the Flyers. Deal from a position of power to amend your weaknesses.

I also don't know why Suter has been mentioned more. Especially with Lebrun saying he is #1 on the Flyer's wishlist at the deadline and noting that several NHL executives think he could possibly be available.

Last edited by Prongo: 01-11-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 09:19 PM
XS Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So, let's say we trade JVR for Schenn. Does that mean in 5-6 years the Flyers will be a JVR away from a Cup, and the Leafs will be a Schenn away from a Cup?
Quote:
Well, a couple of years ago we were a Tuukka Rask or two away from a Cup. It's said, in fashionable circles, that Luke Schenn is this years David Krejci. If I understood anything about fashion I could tell you what that means...

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:23 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
All I know is Rich Peverely is the new Mike Richards

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
Well, a couple of years ago we were a Tuukka Rask or two away from a Cup. It's said, in fashionable circles, that Luke Schenn is this years David Krejci. If I understood anything about fashion I could tell you what that means...
Rask? You mean the goaltender we lit up en route to losing in the SCF?

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:08 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Simmonds would be considered "truculent" in Burke's book so he may be looking at him. Of course, JvR is American which will automatically put him at the top of the list.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark7 View Post
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLYERS FANS!!!!!!

The interviews in here... he just used 22 as an example, it wouldnt make sense to tell everybody your plans IMO...

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...11_185113_3628
Heard it on the way home from work. Leafs need more size on wing. Wouldn't trade youth for vets but would trade within the age bracket one position for another to address a need. Is there a deal on the table? Yes.

Had to assume he's talking Luke for JVR, we'll see....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Truth. People I went to grade school are wondering what kind of connections his parents had for him to get that job.
Anybody with a handle name of Ouellethedogsout which he has registered on here cannot be taken too seriously.... not that handle names are any indication of street cred but that one is pretty corny and beyond dated obviously...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I guess Im one of the few that would like L. Schenn on the team. About the value of JVR and Schenn. I think picks or smaller players would be added from both sides. Honestly though? Its not THAT far off.

Schenn: 22 yrs old, defenseman (Flyers need), just started 5 yr contract caphit of 3.6 mil per year.

JVR: 22 yrs old, forward (Leafs need), starting 6 year contract next season caphit 4.25 mil per year.

Now the only thing is, they BOTH have NTC (Schenn this season) according to capgeek. Also JVR didnt even start his contract, so it is kind of an ******* move.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I guess Im one of the few that would like L. Schenn on the team. About the value of JVR and Schenn. I think picks or smaller players would be added from both sides. Honestly though? Its not THAT far off.

Schenn: 22 yrs old, defenseman (Flyers need), just started 5 yr contract caphit of 3.6 mil per year.

JVR: 22 yrs old, forward (Leafs need), starting 6 year contract next season caphit 4.25 mil per year.

Now the only thing is, they BOTH have NTC (Schenn this season) according to capgeek. Also JVR didnt even start his contract, so it is kind of an ******* move.
NTC's don't kick in until they hit their UFA years. So JVR and Schenn can be traded at any time without them consenting.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Gibbs18

Shelley for Schenn?

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:41 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

Oh well....if we tried to massage egos and coddle grown millionaires we would still have an injury prone player on this team and not Couts and Voro and eventually Cousins. Gotta do what you gotta do. I like JVR but we need to fill a big hole on the back end and Schenn should do a pretty good job of it. I just don't want to lose a number 1 pick in some way....we have to keep them. I do like the prospect of the Schenn brothers following in the footsteps of the Watsons and Sutters..."The brotherhood of the traveling hockey pants."

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:42 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
NTC's don't kick in until they hit their UFA years. So JVR and Schenn can be traded at any time without them consenting.
Oh really? Didnt know that. Saw that Schenn signed his contract with a NTC so I thought it started when his contract started.

But ya anyway, main point is, I dont think its uneven as most people are saying, but it actually happening is another story.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote