HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky "100% available"

Old
01-11-2012, 07:54 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
The Kings should be interested. I imagine that the price has dropped considerably from B. Schenn and a 1st as it was rumored to be last year.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
jokerboysmith

Some Oilers fans may not agree, but a late first or early second round pick and a prospect will get you Hemsky.
Question is will he be able to stay healthy.... and is he worth the risk at that price?

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings should be interested. I imagine that the price has dropped considerably from B. Schenn and a 1st as it was rumored to be last year.
Not if you asked Oilers fans.

From Pittsburgh they (HF Boards Oilers Fans) wanted like Despres + 1st 2012 + 1st 2013...something ridiculous like that.

With that, I can guarantee that whatever return Hemsky yields...is going to be a severe disappointment for Oilers fans.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:57 PM
tiger_80

Hemsky is still the best forward available. Tambellini will not trade him for magic beans. But neither will he bring in a blue chip prospect (Morrow/Despres type).

Thinking more of a recent 2nd round draft pick on a good development track (e.g. Merril, Jarnkrok) plus another 2nd rounder.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post

From Pittsburgh they (HF Boards Oilers Fans) wanted like Despres + 1st 2012 + 1st 2013...something ridiculous like that.

With that, I can guarantee that whatever return Hemsky yields...is going to be a severe disappointment for Oilers fans.
Ya, please find that post...I'll wait.

NO ONE thinks we are getting something like that, don't make us look bad because you have nothing better to do.

Most of us think it will be a later 1st, 20-30ish, and a decent prospect, i.e. in the Teubert range. Basically what we got for Penner minus the 3rd.

If you think he is going to be dealt for a 2nd and that's it you are sadly mistaken.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:

That's quite a guarantee.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:14 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Ya, please find that post...I'll wait.

NO ONE thinks we are getting something like that, don't make us look bad because you have nothing better to do.

Most of us think it will be a later 1st, 20-30ish, and a decent prospect, i.e. in the Teubert range. Basically what we got for Penner minus the 3rd.

If you think he is going to be dealt for a 2nd and that's it you are sadly mistaken.
No one is giving up a first for an injury prone rental...especially Pittsburgh.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:19 PM
SDig14

Quote:
No one is giving up a first for an injury prone rental...especially Pittsburgh.
Thanks for that, anything else? You might as well start predicting all of the trades as well At least you didn't respond about the 1st + 1st + Depres proposal...

Just curious, were you one of the people saying Penner wasn't even worth a 1st? We got a 1st, prospect, and a 3rd.

We got a 2nd round pick for Andrew Cogliano....that guy has zero hands and is below average at everything he does.

Are you just saying this because you are hoping the Pens will get him for a 3rd?

Old
01-11-2012, 08:24 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Thanks for that, anything else? You might as well start predicting all of the trades as well

Just curious, were you one of the people saying Penner wasn't even worth a 1st? We got a 1st, prospect, and a 3rd.

We got a 2nd round pick for Andrew Cogliano....that guy has zero hands and is below average at everything he does.

Are you just saying this because you are hoping the Pens will get him for a 3rd?
Many Pittsburgh fans overrate their own and underrate other team's players like no other fan base. That said, at this point Hemsky won't fetch what Penner did last year. Injuries, subpar season and the fact that he's a rental considerably limit his value. Hemsky won't be traded to Pittsburgh either. I expect Shero will make a low risk move or two by picking a veteran winger--for a late round pick--Prospal, Blake are only some names that come to mind, but there might be more.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:25 PM
vanwest

I'd have to think his value has dropped a lot with all of the injuries. He was always a player that looked like he was going to break out but just never did. His skill level is quite high and for a small guy he competes hard. He just never seems to want to shoot the puck. A team looking for a highly skilled player to slot into their top 6 will probably take a chance on him as a rental but I can't see him fetching a first.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I'd have to think his value has dropped a lot with all of the injuries. He was always a player that looked like he was going to break out but just never did. His skill level is quite high and for a small guy he competes hard. He just never seems to want to shoot the puck.
Well, he's a playmaker. If you need a goal scorer, stay away, but his good seasons are in the 20-50-70ish range. You just can't expect more than 15-20 goals.

Also, it depends what happens from now till then. If a lesser player goes for a 2nd, it sets the market.

Last edited by SDig14: 01-11-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Many Pittsburgh fans overrate their own and underrate other team's players like no other fan base. That said, at this point Hemsky won't fetch what Penner did last year. Injuries, subpar season and the fact that he's a rental considerably limit his value. Hemsky won't be traded to Pittsburgh either. I expect Shero will make a low risk move or two by picking a veteran winger--for a late round pick--Prospal, Blake are only some names that come to mind, but there might be more.
Sure, those factors all limit his value when you are talking about what we got back for Penner, but Hemsky is twice the player Penner ever was when he is on his game, that's why we were asking such a crazy high price last year when he was healthy and had time on his deal.

As much as he's been hurt, he's been healthy for a stretch right now and if he can stay healthy till the deadline we will do fine if we trade him. Hopefully he starts playing like he can though, because his game isn't helping at all.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

While I doubt the Jets trade for him, I hope we can sign him on July 1st.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:33 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Sure, those factors all limit his value when you are talking about what we got back for Penner, but Hemsky is twice the player Penner ever was when he is on his game, that's why we were asking such a crazy high price last year when he was healthy and had time on his deal.

As much as he's been hurt, he's been healthy for a stretch right now and if he can stay healthy till the deadline we will do fine if we trade him. Hopefully he starts playing like he can though, because his game isn't helping at all.
I think his lack of production has to do with decreased PP time. RNH and Eberle have been just too good. I could see Hemsky doing well in Nashville. They don't have much forward depth and he will basically run their power play with Weber unloading bombs on the other end. Hard to tell what would be a fair value in a trade with Nashville. Maybe Buddish and a 2nd?

Old
01-11-2012, 08:35 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
I think the oilers will hold out till the 11th hour and then pull the trigger. SHould be interesting to see who gets it right--oiler fans or non-oiler fans

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan View Post

Danny Kristo
Maxim Trunev
4th round pick 2012

Ales Hemsky
As a Leaf fan I would love this, destroy more of Montreal's farm system for an upcoming UFA

Stats01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:

I'm an oilers fan. One 1st is enough

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
officialmark7*

I wouldnt give you a 7th

officialmark7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Jets offer Oduya, Festerling and Jones

But I think NYR and San Jose make offers,

NYR - McDonaugh, Zuccarrello and 1st
San Jose - 1st, Hamilton and McGinn
Ignoring the fact that Hemsky is the antithesis of what the Rangers identity is all about, I assure you we will not be sending McDonagh to Edmonton for Hemsky.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:47 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark7 View Post
I wouldnt give you a 7th
Deal.

Old
01-11-2012, 10:59 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Ales Hemsky

Teemu Pulkkinen and 2012 2nd round pick (Conditional it becomes a first if he resigns or Wings make Stanley Cup finals)

or

Jacob Kindl and 2012 third (actually hope not from a Wings standpoint because I have a lot of faith in Kindl, but could see him being moved for a player of Hemsky's caliber)

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ignoring the fact that Hemsky is the antithesis of what the Rangers identity is all about, I assure you we will not be sending McDonagh to Edmonton for Hemsky.
I agree, I don't think they would send him for Hemsky straight up, much less with a first rounder on top of it.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

Yea I can see an above average prospect and a conditional first pick that depends on him resigning with the team. That would be close to the value Hemsky will garner.

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
The Leafs should be interested. The last injury riddled forward that landed in our laps worked out pretty good. What would Edmonton want from the Leafs?

Terrence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
But I think NYR and San Jose make offers,

NYR - McDonaugh, Zuccarrello and 1st

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote