HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dave Bolland

Old
01-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
we can't afford to lose Bolland. Maybe in the Offseason if he disappoints in the POs. But right now we would need to get a better Center coming back our way without adding much to Bolly

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:53 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Beauchemin is a guy I have been targeting at the deadline but absolutely not at the expense of Bolland. How about some combination of Frolik, Bickell, and Pirri?
Stop trying to unload our **** players on other teams, evidently they're not as dumb as Calgary fans to pull the trigger on cap dumps from toronto.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
we can't afford to lose Bolland. Maybe in the Offseason if he disappoints in the POs. But right now we would need to get a better Center coming back our way without adding much to Bolly
Yes Yes Yes I agree 100% we need Bolland for the playoffs.

Look Blackhawks fans think Bolland still has his prime years a head of him. Give him the benefit of the doubt. No. Not anymore.

I don't want to be stuck holding onto Bolland. I guarantee you he will be hurt right around the time we get back Patrick Sharp. Then we will be wondering if he will be healthy for the playoffs. Then he will come back into the middle of the series and we will all expect him to be the savior of the series but we will lose in game seven.

Bolland's value is high still, but if he has one more injury he will be in a different category --wheel chair category where they can get nothing for him ... and the Hawks will part ways. The Cubs parted ways with Kerry Wood. Players that have talent become distractions when potential is something that can not be lived upto because of occuring injuries.

I don't want to wait until the offseason then we get less for him. Nobody really wants Bickell or Frolik. They are far from busts but there upside probably is solid guys on a 3rd line. Frolik may turn into a 2nd liner, but if he does it will be on a non playoff team.

Bolland is the best piece to trade, and if I get flamed by Blackhawks fans I understend he is a "core" player. His potential has always been what he does in the playoffs unfortunately, we need that Bolland for 82 games not 55-60 games.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Sarava

What the hell do you want from Bolland? He's a third line center who's primary responsibility is defense and keeping opposing teams' first lines in check. All the while he has 10 goals and is on pace for 40 points.

What exactly do you expect from the guy? And do you understand there is more to hockey than the amount of goals you score?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:00 AM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Watch the game last year vs Boston, maybe you'll learn something. Grabovski is incredibly scrappy and tough as nails for his size. I'd love to see what this guy can do in the playoffs.
You pick one game out of 82 and think that proves he is "one of the NHL's scrappiest players".

I have watched plenty of Leaf games over the past couple of yrs.One thing I have learned is that leaf fans tend to greatly exaggerate the capabilities of leaf players.Grabovski is a damn good player who is not afraid of being physical,but calling him one of the league's scrappiest is delusional.

As for what he can do in the playoffs,trade him to the Hawks and we'll find out!!

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
What the hell do you want from Bolland? He's a third line center who's primary responsibility is defense and keeping opposing teams' first lines in check. All the while he has 10 goals and is on pace for 40 points.

What exactly do you expect from the guy? And do you understand there is more to hockey than the amount of goals you score?
Apparently this board does not.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Morlu

Any team would take Grabovski.... That guy always gives 100% you basically need to cripple him to get him out of a game. I would trade him in a package for Bolland + for Grabovski +

Morlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlu View Post
Any team would take Grabovski.... That guy always gives 100% you basically need to cripple him to get him out of a game. I would trade him in a package for Bolland + for Grabovski +
and this is the reason why the Leafs would keep him ... heart and soul player ... great 2nd line center, one of the best imo ...

absolutely lethal shot, good defensive awareness, is an absolute beast, etc ...

he's everything a team would want in their #2 center ...

I DO NOT want to see him traded

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote