HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky "100% available"

Old
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Johnny Bang Bang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
The Leafs should be interested. The last injury riddled forward that landed in our laps worked out pretty good. What would Edmonton want from the Leafs?
I am praying that Burke stays clear of Hemsky. He's injury prone, has little to no character or heart, isn't tough and will cost WAAAAY too much.

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bang Bang View Post
I am praying that Burke stays clear of Hemsky. He's injury prone, has little to no character or heart, isn't tough and will cost WAAAAY too much.
Hemsky isn't tough and has no heart? Oh, this must be a different Hemsky people are talking about.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:26 PM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
How about the Oilers trade
Hemsky, Barker, and MPS + 3rd 2013
to the Jets for
Bogosian, Postma + 1st 2012

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
to the Jets for
What have they all agreed on extensions in this proposal?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Johnny Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Hemsky isn't tough and has no heart? Oh, this must be a different Hemsky people are talking about.
Nope! This is the very same weak and soft Hemsky we all know!

You don't need to look any further than Hemsky's games played over the past couple seasons, PIMS, hits and blocked shots to know that he isn't tough and doesn't play with much heart.

Hemsky is EXACTLY the type of player that should have lead Sports Illustrated's "Overrated List."

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:30 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
to the Jets for
...NO!!!

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
bigdaddydroc

vCash: 270
here's my two cents:

I think that hemsky is a terrible idea for a playoff rental player. The playoffs are hard played hockey and the guy is made of glass. It seems to me like its not so much a matter of if he's going to be injured if a team were to make a deep run in the playoffs, more a matter of when.

Add onto this the price the oilers are likely looking for in addition to the fact that they'll likely wait until the trade deadline ish when values for rentals have fetched a lot more than players are worth historically, I just don't think I'd be willing to make an offer that would be big enough.

That being said, I am constantly amazed at some of the moves gms make at the deadline, so Im sure we will see him fetch a much more healthy return than some people figure he should.

edit: i was speaking from a hypothetical if I were a gm, which I clearly am not....despite the fact that I regularly argue as though I should be one....using all kinds of stats post trade that I expect the Gm's to be able to predict before the trade.

bigdaddydroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
hyster110

if penner got the oilers a tuebert, a first and a conditional second, hemsky will get you at least that

hyster110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
if penner got the oilers a tuebert, a first and a conditional second, hemsky will get you at least that
Except Penner wasnt totally sucking arse when traded, and wasn't a rental. But besides for that - there basically the player!

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:37 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
Penner was playing well, wasn't a pure rental and doesn't have the history of injury. Just saying, doubt it will be that high, and just because LA was stupid doesn't mean lightening is about to strike twice.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Nope! This is the very same weak and soft Hemsky we all know!

You don't need to look any further than Hemsky's games played over the past couple seasons, PIMS, hits and blocked shots to know that he isn't tough and doesn't play with much heart.

Hemsky is EXACTLY the type of player that should have lead Sports Illustrated's "Overrated List."
Cool, maybe you should watch him play instead of looking up stats and trashing him. He was one of the best players on the ice in the NJ vs. EDM game and seems to be picking it up but nah, you'd much prefer to judge a player based on his stats amiright?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:54 PM
vickpeterson

My two cents: Everyone saying Hemsky will get no where near what Penner got will eat their words once he's traded. Book it. Save this post if you want to too.

vickpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I just can't see Hemsky fetching a 1st and good prospect. Too many injuries and he's a rental. Penner didn't have the injury concerns/history and had another year on his contract. Big difference.

I think Hemsky may fetch a 2nd and decent prospect but that's about it.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:59 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

Ales Hemsky

Teemu Pulkkinen and 2012 2nd round pick
Red Wings fans: All we need is a right handed shot that is a pure sniper and can score

So let's trade the only one in the system they have. Smart. Kid has potentially the best shot the Wings' organization and fans have ever seen. So, the smartest thing to do is trade him, for a player that will be broken in half by San Jose or Nashville or St. Louis.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:10 AM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Hemsky doesn't lack character or heart... siiiiigh.

25 bad games and all of sudden he's casper.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Red Wings fans: All we need is a right handed shot that is a pure sniper and can score

So let's trade the only one in the system they have. Smart. Kid has potentially the best shot the Wings' organization and fans have ever seen. So, the smartest thing to do is trade him, for a player that will be broken in half by San Jose or Nashville or St. Louis.
The jury is out on whether or not he will be able to translate to NA. His awesome shot hits the glass more than the net, his point totals are off from last season in Finland. He did however just have a terrific WJC, really mostly in a couple of games, so he isn't a terrible asset. We have to give up something nice to get him, but he is a potential top six player that does have some question marks. Tvrdon and Jarnkrok are both right handed shots.

For me of our "top" prospects Tatar and Pulkkinen are the easiest to let go of.

Old
01-12-2012, 12:12 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
The only part of your statement that is true is that he's injury prone. Hemsky has got a ton of heart and definitely plays bigger than his size.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
The only part of your statement that is true is that he's injury prone. Hemsky has got a ton of heart and definitely plays bigger than his size.
No kidding. It's because of his heart and determination that he's become so injury prone. 30 bad games isn't enough to re-write a career.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:21 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
No kidding. It's because of his heart and determination that he's become so injury prone. 30 bad games isn't enough to re-write a career.
I guess everyone forgot the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs, I know nobody in Detroit has and certainly not in the Wings front office, Holland has been chasing this guy for a while. It isn't because he is soft or a bad apple in the locker room. You can not like Hemsky, he does have injury issues. But he keeps coming back and putting it all on the line, guy has tons of heart in my opinion.

Old
01-12-2012, 12:28 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Damphousse View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Oilers fans HIGHLY overrate this Hemsky guy? His best year was six years ago. SIX YEARS. The fact that he is available means very little to me as I'm sure it means as much to most of the managers. Some of the offers on here are absolutely insane. I'm sure Steve Tambellini's phone is not ringing off the hook. At least not for this guy. We all think highly of our players but can we at least try to be somewhat realistic?
I value him fairly highly and hope that Ottawa finds a way to get him at the deadline or in the offseason... depending on what the price is in trade.

Oh btw, his best season wasn't 6 years ago... he just stayed healthier. He has bested that 0.95 PPG and/or his overall PPG rank repeatedly since, as offense in the NHL has declined precipitously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Say what you want, but players with his skill level are never traded for packages like a 3rd + average prospect.
Huselius could be traded for a 3rd & average prospect and as a pure rental over 30 games this season... there's probably a good chance that another team wouldn't notice the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Yep. People forget about that all the time. They express their opinions unless it's the actual opinion of the management of their team. People were quite passionate about what Edmonton would or wouldn't get for Penner before the deadline last year. That trade sure made fools them, didn't it?
No, I'm actually pretty sure that the fans had Penner's value gauged appropriately in this situation. His performance hasn't warranted any more than the low offers that fans expected Edmonton to get. The 'fool' has a high paying job in Los Angeles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Only if it's for Penner straight up!

Highly dought Lombardi and Tambo do another deal any time soon.
Probably not. He's probably still sitting on an inflatable donut rubbing medicated ointment on his backside twice a day after that deal.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:29 AM
BiBoFro*

Chicago offers a First+Jeremy Morin.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:41 AM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
HOnestly A reasonable offer, there would have to be a conditional based on winning cup and/or re-signing in off season. Does Morin play a hard hitting style? if he can put up 15 to 20 while playing uber aggressive I could love him.

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:46 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
I would settle for Abdelkader and a 1st from Detroit if I was GM

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:49 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
That is a very legit offer if you are Edmonton, I would take this deal from their prospective. In all honesty don't understand it for Chicago though, they need a second line center and D more than another talented top six winger.

Old
01-12-2012, 12:51 AM
PPQB

Quote:
Don't see Chicago giving up the 1st AND Morin. Maybe something more like the '12 1st and Bickell.

PPQB is offline   Reply With Quote