HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scratch Nylander

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2005, 09:38 PM
gdflynn1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Let me reiterate, the entire team has been pretty bad offense-wise.

Nylander just happens to be pretty bad offense-wise AND is managing to lead the team in PIM's. yes, i just re-re-iterated...Nylander sits. end of discussion.

Old
12-21-2005, 09:52 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Thats BS. I guess you haven't been around here long but its not the first disagrement about a player I've been in. But its the first time its a Swede. BTW I've also always to this date been right.
Well if you look to the left of these posts you'll see I've actually been around longer than you.

And I don't think it's BS at all. If you come on here and don't agree that Nylander has sucked lately than you've got some sort of bias. Maybe it's not the swedish thing, maybe you've got a shaved head too. I dunno. He was playing fine early in the season but he's really hit a wall and now he's taking penalties on top of it.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:20 AM
mach777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Then you say he "took 3 penaltys for 8 minutes", but since 6 of them wasn't his fault its down to one bad hook which he should be scratched for?
He is leading his team in penalties WHILE not being a physical player WHILE not putting up the points.

I'm a swede too, but this simply isn't acceptible. Sometimes you have to send a message, not hand out 17 minutes.

Old
12-22-2005, 01:12 PM
acr*

We'll trade you Zhamnov for him, even cover a couple million on that contract too.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Well if you look to the left of these posts you'll see I've actually been around longer than you.

And I don't think it's BS at all. If you come on here and don't agree that Nylander has sucked lately than you've got some sort of bias. Maybe it's not the swedish thing, maybe you've got a shaved head too. I dunno. He was playing fine early in the season but he's really hit a wall and now he's taking penalties on top of it.
Although the shaved head part got me laughing it have nothing to do with me beeing biased. Allot of posts here about him beeing lazy and awful but that wasn't the case against NJD. I saw the game twice and Nylander was behind pretty much 95% of what we created. I call it like I see it. He might have been lazy in games which I haven't seen but he wasn't against NJD, and 2 of the 3 penaltys he took was nothing to do about.

Old
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Fletch

Ola...

I have no clue what you're getting at with this statement: 'Weekes and Lundqvist have lost several straight games where we have been the better team. Weekes allowed 2 straight shots last night in the 3rd period'. Lost several straight games in which the Rangers were the better team? You mean like when they scored one goal against Colorado and Weekes gave up only two goals, one on a penalty shot and one in which Sakic wasn't picked up by the defense? Or was it the Devils game, in which the Rangers scored one goal, and Gionta was left alone in front of Weekes for an easy shot or a deflection off a defenseman made for an easy shot? I couldn't even read your post because I got stuck there.

And I agree, you can play well and not do well in the boxscore. But, when you do not generate a point, you give the puck away four times (must've been while he was generating all those chances (which, by the way, resulted in two shots on goal)) and you have 8 penalty minutes, including ones in the third period that were momentum changers, then I have a hard time even caring about the rest of the game because I'm more concerned with the bottom line result. Plain and simple. He didn't help his team last night more than he hurt it. And, Nylander's basically proving out an earlier thesis of mine and others that he's nothing if Jagr isn't making something. All this creativity has resulted in four assists and zero goals in 10 games (and 18 PIMs and 8 shots).

Old
12-22-2005, 06:02 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Nylander Is scratched tonight

Old
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Fletch

Really?

So does that mean Nieminen's back in the lineup, Straka at center (with Rucinsky back with Jagr, yay), and Prucha still with Rucchin and possibly Ward or Hossa? Sounds like Jagr's getting 25 minutes tonight if this baby's close at all.

Old
12-22-2005, 06:06 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Yep, just heard it on the 6pm tailgate thing

Old
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
In that case, scratch everyone who's underproducing lately... that'd leave us with about eight or nine guys to put out.

Old
12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
nyr7andcounting

Good move. He needs a rest. And if the rest doesn't help, he needs to retire.

Old
12-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
And I agree, you can play well and not do well in the boxscore. But, when you do not generate a point, you give the puck away four times (must've been while he was generating all those chances (which, by the way, resulted in two shots on goal)) and you have 8 penalty minutes, including ones in the third period that were momentum changers, then I have a hard time even caring about the rest of the game because I'm more concerned with the bottom line result. Plain and simple. He didn't help his team last night more than he hurt it. And, Nylander's basically proving out an earlier thesis of mine and others that he's nothing if Jagr isn't making something. All this creativity has resulted in four assists and zero goals in 10 games (and 18 PIMs and 8 shots).
Oooh Einstein. A playmaker is nothing is the sniper don't score... Go figure. A playmaker dont register points if other players aren't putting the puck in the net and a sniper isn't scoring unless he gets the passes. Did you come up with that thesis by yourself?

I didn't even know its a stat called "give aways". The puck is turned over 2-3 times a shift and Nylander handles the puck allot so 4 give aways don't tell me much.

Old
12-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Fletch

Here Ola..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=251220013

It's a boxscore. Look at a column that has a heading 'GV'. The Rangers in total had 10; Nylander had four of those.

And I do know what a playmaker does - and I haven't seen too many missed golden opportunities as a result of his great set-ups.

And since you're a know-it-all and condescending, I find no reason for us to continue a conversation of any sort.

All the best...

Old
12-22-2005, 10:52 PM
gdflynn1*

Tom, thank you.

You did what no other Ranger coach could ever do for the past 8 years. You scratched a veteran who lacks discipline and was not producing offensively.

And your team wins the game.

Here's to you, Tom...you done me proud.

Old
12-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Tom, thank you.

You did what no other Ranger coach could ever do for the past 8 years. You scratched a veteran who lacks discipline and was not producing offensively.

And your team wins the game.

Here's to you, Tom...you done me proud.

A message sending move.

Tom did us all proud with this one.

Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 12-22-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old
12-22-2005, 11:10 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Tom needs a Budweiser tribute song now.

Old
12-23-2005, 01:39 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

Old
12-23-2005, 01:44 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Tom needs a Budweiser tribute song now.
A "Real Men Of Genius" radio commercial?

Old
12-23-2005, 03:08 AM
SickNice

From an ethnicaly unbiased standpoint, Nylander has taken way too many penalties this year. I am not speaking of the game verse the Devils, overall he has taken too many offensive zone (un-necessary) penalties all year. Nothing differentiates him from Poti or Hossa or any other player.

Fact: You put your team in a bad situation, you will sit.

You have to love Tom Remmey. I'm glad the team found a way to win tonight without him.

Closed Thread