HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marchand: Thornton Tried to Jump Dale Weise

Old
01-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Shepherd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
brownie points?
I think it's called throwing a team mate under the bus.
Assuming the hip check position in the showers is where he gets his brownie points.

Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
I'd rather see more of Dale Weise destroying people with nice hits. I don't care if he loses the subsequent fights. Just tuck your chin, get in close, and take some punches to the side of the head. But he is a pretty effective forechecker when he gets someone lined up, and not a bad hockey player at all. Good wheels. He's a great 12th/13th forward.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Sideswipe

Looking at the video, it's clear that Thornton was talking to the ref while Weise was asking McQuaid to go. Thornton actually tapped Weise in the leg with his stick and that's when Weise turned his attention to him.

Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Youreallygotme

I owe Weise an apology (well an online apology that he will never see). I also get the idea that it would've been bad for him to fight Mcquaid, so alls well that ends well .

Youreallygotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
tede

Does this mean we don't have to completely hate each other? Since I live in Vancouver it would be nice.

tede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:22 PM
ProstheticConscience
Supertank 15/16

vCash: 50
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the next Canucks/Bruins game Wiese gets mobbed or taken out on a cheapshot for not publicly thanking Marchand.

"Hey, I went out and said the 10000000 media reports on Wiese weren't true in that interview, and I didn't even get a phone call. Shows you what kind of class is over in Vancouver. When he was skating towards me, I knew he was coming for a dirty headshot just like the ones we all do, so I had to go knee-on-knee to protect myself. What? No, he's clearly faking that torn MCL and ACL. What? No, Cam Neely doesn't mind. Why would he? No one here got hurt...!"

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:32 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaney View Post
Yeah, I wonder why Marchand did that
Perhaps it has to do with his intelligence quotient. I suspect strongly that it does.

I read his blog the day after the the Canucks/Bruins game and it was so poorly written - he probably submits it on paper written in crayon.

John Bender* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tede View Post
Does this mean we don't have to completely hate each other? Since I live in Vancouver it would be nice.

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Tank Hankerous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tede View Post
No.

Move to Boston.

Tank Hankerous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Voracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaney View Post
Yeah, I wonder why Marchand did that
Marchand is attempting to "pump the tires" of Thornton by describing how Thornton was willing to fight his teammates battles for them and how devious he was to use a bait and switch strategy to lure Weise into a fight with Thornton instead of McQuaid. Thornton is an 8 min 4th line winger while McQuaid is a 15min defenceman. It is better for the Bruins that McQuaid stays on the ice no matter who wins the fight.

This is Marchand's way of showing appreciation towards Thornton through his public support of him by providing an example of how Thornton sticks up for his teammates in the most recent game.

Inadvertantly, Marchand provided some redemption for Weise for the embarassing/awkward backing down from the potential fight with Thornton.

An adrenaline fatigued Weise would have had a tough go with a fresh McQuaid or Thornton at the time to say the least. The confusion of Thornton stepping in actually saved Weise from a crazy-eyed beatdown from a fresh McQuaid. So it worked out for the best for the well-being of Weise to avoid either of those fights

Weise's tough guy image did take a reputation hit by providing material for Cherry to bash Weise, the Winnipeg native, and the Canucks some more on Coaches Corner.

This was probably the hardest game Weise had to ever prepare for and play in his career. Coming out of it, he was likely on a high and was certainly one of the best players on the ice in the Florida Panther game with a goal and a missed breakaway chance with limited ice-time.

Weise was in a hell of a spot in the Boston game, came through it, and will be stronger for it.

Last edited by Voracity: 01-12-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Voracity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:16 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Hankerous View Post
No.

Move to Boston.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:28 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

So this is getting funny now. The Bruins writers have been writing all these columns day after day about "cowards" and blah blah blah.... Thornton lies and says Weise backed down...

and then Marchand goes and tells the truth (of all people) and now their media is backpeddling and saying stuff like "Well most of what we said was true"....

What a joke.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 888
alot of bashing of thornton and his fighting ability in this thread, but he's exactly the kind of player the canucks need to acquire (and he's a damn good fighter to boot)

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:50 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
alot of bashing of thornton and his fighting ability in this thread, but he's exactly the kind of player the canucks need to acquire (and he's a damn good fighter to boot)
And has the ability to take a regular shift. Not many people are bashing his actually skill level or enforcement. More of his antics and blatant lying.

I'd definately take him in a heartbeat, and I've been saying that since he was with Anaheim.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:53 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
So this is getting funny now. The Bruins writers have been writing all these columns day after day about "cowards" and blah blah blah.... Thornton lies and says Weise backed down...

and then Marchand goes and tells the truth (of all people) and now their media is backpeddling and saying stuff like "Well most of what we said was true"....

What a joke.
That's the biggest joke. He blatantly lies. The boston media has turned out to be one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen.

Can you imagine if Don Taylor and Gary Valk agreed to have a media member from another city on after a big rivalry game, then ambushed them and put kesler on or something? ****ing joke.

Donny and BmAC were ripping the boston media today for that crap.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan It Up View Post
Thornton's all about jumping guys isn't he? Weise, Tony Gallagher....
Yeah and "7" Canucks...

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:59 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Lots of Bruins fans owe Weise an apology for calling him a gutless chicken and whatnot. But is it going to happen? Nooooope!

Great post by Voracity. I think people underestimating just how much mental toughness it takes to steel yourself to fight some of the guys in this league. No wonder Weise must have been so jacked afterwards. But I'm just glad that it all worked out the best for him - I certainly didn't want him fighting either of those 2 gorillas regardless.

And lol @ the Boston media. Your own guy sure threw a wrench in that well-oiled machine. Bunch of jacka****.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:15 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

I also owe Weise an apology.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

I still think Weise should have gone with Thornton, but I can understand why he did not. But yeah...lots of backpedalling now. So much ire and emotion heaped on this rivalry that people are making jackasses of themselves all over the place. WIthin the organizations, the media and the fanbases.

Here's hoping that both teams make it to the finals, even if HFboards would completely melt down as a result. And even though these teams woudl love nothign else than to compete against someone else

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:46 AM
slickfox007

weise is a wannabe thug

slickfox007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Here's hoping that both teams make it to the finals, even if HFboards would completely melt down as a result. And even though these teams woudl love nothign else than to compete against someone else
Imagine the gong show that happened throughout last June and amplify that by about 10. That's the cluster**** you'll see if that happens again.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
He won alot of fans everywhere.
a la Tie Domi...

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

My latest JAB (B-OZ-TON):

http://www.straight.com/files/images...ports_2299.jpg

petrishriekandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:06 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I still think Weise should have gone with Thornton, but I can understand why he did not. But yeah...lots of backpedalling now. So much ire and emotion heaped on this rivalry that people are making jackasses of themselves all over the place. WIthin the organizations, the media and the fanbases.

Good post. But really I wonder if it is good for the sport if we get these teams in the final again. Sure you get media, but *ohh* the humanity...

LiveeviL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
wow...great job.

Chara's picture scared me on how unaligned his eyes are.

flack is offline   Reply With Quote