HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Geoff Molson met with Serge Savard last week

Old
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
nnynetpotato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He should meet with Gomez and tell him to GTFO then get a real top line center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Does he stop at the bank first?
Yes.

Have a bunch of C-notes,hidden in the ceiling.

When Gomer comes into the office, make it rain and then put him and the bills into a wheelbarrow.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Senator just on FAN590 a few minutes ago. Lack of planning reason for Canadiens fall this year. Habs need to play as a team. He always felt a club can defeat better clubs if they more as a team than the other club. Savard said t was main reason for cup wins of 86 and 93. Head coach should be able to speak both languages. Feels kind of sorry for Cunneyworth as he is probably a good coach but in bad situation. Cammalleri has name of being trouble maker before and if he is trying to get off the team he is taking right steps. Roy should do well as a Coach/GM. He has held this role in Quebec City. Because he has such passion for the game and a winner along with being an exceptionally hard worker the odds are in his favour to succeed.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Senator just on FAN590 a few minutes ago. Lack of planning reason for Canadiens fall this year. Habs need to play as a team can beat better clubs if play together. Head coach should be able to speak both languages. Feels kind of sorry for Cunneyworth as he is probably a good coach but in bad situation. Cammalleri has name of being trouble maker before and if he is trying to get off the team he is taking right steps. Roy should do well as a Coach/GM. He has held this role in Quebec City. Because he has such passion for the game and a winner along with being an exceptionally hard worker the odds are in his favour to succeed.
You don't trade a guy for comments. That's how Senator screwed up during his tenure. And how are his Gauthier-slagging media comments classier than Cammalleri's comments, which were basically made to try to get his team going? That's not cool.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
**** Savard. Get Elmer Lach on this ****!

eh?

Why are you throwing Jack Laviolette under the bus, the guy deserves a shot at saving this team way before Lach.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

I won't be impatient. This season is all but wrecked but things can't change much in a week or a month by changing the GM or coach. I'd like to see Woeber moved to clear roster space but he isn't worth as much as he thinks. Cammalleri's words are fine but he has to prove himself on the ice. The same goes for Gomez but he's already failed to live up to promises he made 41 games ago.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
No, the game has changed too much and I don't think he has been involved with hockey lately. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Basically that's how I see things too.. The guy was a great GM but he's been out of hockey for a while. But It's only speculation on my part. He might have kept up to date on the hockey world more than I give him credit for.

But at this point I will say this. Savard >> Gauthier.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
You don't trade a guy for comments. That's how Senator screwed up during his tenure. And how are his Gauthier-slagging media comments classier than Cammalleri's comments, which were basically made to try to get his team going? That's not cool.
2 Cups and 1 Finals. Geez, I'd like to have a GM who screws up like that.

As far as Comments on Cammy, if the guy didn't "misquote" him, he does say IF Cammy wants to be traded, he takes the right steps. He's not saying that he'd trade him if he'd be GM. See, when you like a guy, he's always misquoted. But when you don't like him, he's not? As far as Savard position within the team, as much as he was supposed to be out of hockey, I see him in the President role. As out he was and is, how is he more out than Boivin?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
What Savard was saying if Cammalleri wants off the team best to trade him. The club is better off playing more as a team than with players who don't want to be here. The rest be up to PG if Cammy wanted to be here or not.

Savard was noted for trading players quick who didn't want to be here. It helped him as club played better as a team. It hurt him in ways also as he seldom got full value on troublesome players. He mentioned the comeback against a superior Nordiques team in '93 playoffs as an example. Of a weaker team beating a better team because they play more as a team.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote