HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2012, 09:56 PM
  #726
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,663
vCash: 3075
That all makes sense to me. I'm all for it though if we don't give up too much.

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  #727
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,433
vCash: 500
some random UFA names, may pop up

not saying I want to get any of them but they could be moved

Jones, David F COL 27 $2,500,000 2012 (UFA)

Huselius, Kristian F CLB 33 $4,750,000 2012 (UFA)

Stempniak, Lee F CGY 28 $1,900,000 2012 (UFA)

Ponikarovsky, Alexei F CAR 31 $1,500,000 2012 (UFA)

Hecht, Jochen F BUF 34 $3,525,000 2012 (UFA)

Gaustad, Paul F BUF 29 $2,300,000 2012 (UFA)

Boyes, Brad F BUF 29 $4,000,000 2012 (UFA)

Blake, Jason F ANA 38 $4,000,000 2012 (UFA)

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
  #728
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,424
vCash: 500
Chico spends 5 minutes ******** on Hemsky, and he scores a few minutes later.

You won't find a bigger moron in hockey.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:08 PM
  #729
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i dunno, if im anaheim, and someone wants to trade for the ~15th highest point scorer in the NHL...id ask for the moon, and then take whatever the best offer on the table is. youd have to believe other teams would beat what you just suggested.
Any veteran deadline deal, Iginla/Doan/Selanne is going to cost a fortune. The Rangers definitely aren't trading the youth.

The window of opportunity has just opened.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
  #730
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
The Devils give up a PPG, which I believe now puts then back at -1 for goals for/against while on the penalty kill.

We're halfway into the season, folks.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:26 PM
  #731
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Devils/Oilers going to OT on MSG+.

charlie460 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:27 PM
  #732
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Devils playing for the shootout. Again. They'll get their 2 pts. But all it does is mask the fundamental problems of their team.

beastly115 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:28 PM
  #733
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
No, it's the fact they have a MUCH better offense then us.

I think the Bruins are probably better than us- except I believe we have a better goaltender and can beat them any day of the week.
Your definition of "better" might be different than some other person's.

If we can beat then any day of the week as you say, some people would say that we are a better team.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:28 PM
  #734
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,663
vCash: 3075
Good think there's no shootouts in the playoffs.

Kane One is online now  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:30 PM
  #735
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Devils win in OT, Parise goal

charlie460 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:30 PM
  #736
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
The Devils are already pretty much in a situation where they know they aren't going to win any sort of potential ROW tiebreaker, so at this point a shootout win really isn't tainted at all. All the same ****.

They will take the 2 points if they get there. 8-1 so far this season.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:30 PM
  #737
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Devils win and it doesn't come in a shoot out? What gives? That was a stupid penalty the Oilers took there

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:33 PM
  #738
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Devils win and it doesn't come in a shoot out? What gives? That was a stupid penalty the Oilers took there
They took it on purpose to try to get the SHG LOL

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
  #739
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
some random UFA names, may pop up

not saying I want to get any of them but they could be moved

Jones, David F COL 27 $2,500,000 2012 (UFA)

Huselius, Kristian F CLB 33 $4,750,000 2012 (UFA)

Stempniak, Lee F CGY 28 $1,900,000 2012 (UFA)

Ponikarovsky, Alexei F CAR 31 $1,500,000 2012 (UFA)

Hecht, Jochen F BUF 34 $3,525,000 2012 (UFA)

Gaustad, Paul F BUF 29 $2,300,000 2012 (UFA)

Boyes, Brad F BUF 29 $4,000,000 2012 (UFA)

Blake, Jason F ANA 38 $4,000,000 2012 (UFA)
Stempniak, Gaustad and Jones is all id be interested from that list...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM
  #740
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Chico spends 5 minutes ******** on Hemsky, and he scores a few minutes later.

You won't find a bigger moron in hockey.
That's my man Chico, haha! One of the things I love about hockey are the characters that surround the game. Chico is a classic hockey dufus. He's comedy gold.

Pizza is online now  
Old
01-12-2012, 02:41 AM
  #741
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
That thread on the main board about NYR players being more good looking than average is just hilarious!

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 05:45 AM
  #742
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
That thread on the main board about NYR players being more good looking than average is just hilarious!


Agree. Funny ****. They were at it for couple days in that thread.

darko is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 07:46 AM
  #743
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Last night's Devils OT is reason # infinity why Kovalchuk is a bad bad man (amazing hockey player).

MSG the place to be* is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 08:17 AM
  #744
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Last night's Devils OT is reason # infinity why Kovalchuk is a bad bad man (amazing hockey player).
I don't think he would fit here.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 08:59 AM
  #745
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Any veteran deadline deal, Iginla/Doan/Selanne is going to cost a fortune. The Rangers definitely aren't trading the youth.

The window of opportunity has just opened.
I don't want to split hairs with you or this philosophy, but we've seen Sather move youth that in the team's opinion won't pan out. Guys that we tend to get high on that just fall off the radar later on. I think it's a lesson they learned from Prucha, however one they get burned on with Korpikoski. It's about timing and proper assessments. MA Cliche is an example, we were high on him but the Rangers obviously saw something that made him expendable for Avery. They cut bait on Sanguinetti, Grachev, etc. Plus we are getting a rep for having very good prospects, something the Devils, Aves and Wings have capitalized on in trades in the past. I remember a time where young Avalanche forwards were fetching premiums and then disappearing. The team is having organizational meetings now with the scouting staff, you can bet the trade deadline and Ranger assets are at the forefront.

I can see us trading an expendable roster player with some youths that the organization is down on. Yes the window is opening, but we have a CBA negotiation/possible lockout coming. We may not be playing next season and you never know what insane roster rules come out of this summer.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
  #746
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
That thread on the main board about NYR players being more good looking than average is just hilarious!
Yeah, the notion is that we draft for looks first. It's kind of funny because whatever our method is, it's being scrutinized. Umm, we're in first, if that's what you think we are doing then trade Malkin, take Brind'amour's jersey out of the rafters and draft Justin Bieber who owns the Leaf goaltenders. Stupid Flyers, they trade the amazing jaw line and gorgeous eyes on Sharp for practically nothing... maybe there is something to drafting on looks.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 11:26 AM
  #747
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
I don't want to split hairs with you or this philosophy, but we've seen Sather move youth that in the team's opinion won't pan out. Guys that we tend to get high on that just fall off the radar later on. I think it's a lesson they learned from Prucha, however one they get burned on with Korpikoski. It's about timing and proper assessments. MA Cliche is an example, we were high on him but the Rangers obviously saw something that made him expendable for Avery. They cut bait on Sanguinetti, Grachev, etc. Plus we are getting a rep for having very good prospects, something the Devils, Aves and Wings have capitalized on in trades in the past. I remember a time where young Avalanche forwards were fetching premiums and then disappearing. The team is having organizational meetings now with the scouting staff, you can bet the trade deadline and Ranger assets are at the forefront.

I can see us trading an expendable roster player with some youths that the organization is down on. Yes the window is opening, but we have a CBA negotiation/possible lockout coming. We may not be playing next season and you never know what insane roster rules come out of this summer.
None of the prospects you mentioned were assets at the time of their trade. Not to mention a few of them asked for trades.

The players in your post got us Avery (huge steal of a trade), Fogarty, and a 2nd.

An Iginla or a Doan would cost a good roster player (Likely McDonagh/MDZ/Dubinsky/Anisimov), a good prospect (Kreider/McIlrath/Erixon/Miller) and a high pick.

And you're last paragraph scares me. Something like that would absolutely 100% happen to the Rangers at such a good time for the franchise.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 01:03 PM
  #748
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
None of the prospects you mentioned were assets at the time of their trade. Not to mention a few of them asked for trades.

The players in your post got us Avery (huge steal of a trade), Fogarty, and a 2nd.

An Iginla or a Doan would cost a good roster player (Likely McDonagh/MDZ/Dubinsky/Anisimov), a good prospect (Kreider/McIlrath/Erixon/Miller) and a high pick.

And you're last paragraph scares me. Something like that would absolutely 100% happen to the Rangers at such a good time for the franchise.
Ok, all of them were actually considered decent at the time of the trade. I never implied that Avery wasn't a steal, in fact, I pretty much said that we turned future scrubs into something quite tangible and effective.

Never said we'd steal Doan with a Sanguinetti. I'm thinking more along the lines of the John Madden/Sami Phalsen type, playoff role player.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
  #749
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Your definition of "better" might be different than some other person's.

If we can beat then any day of the week as you say, some people would say that we are a better team.
You really won't know who's better unless/until we face the Bruins in a playoff series. I've never been a big fan of how a team fares in the regular season vs. another team.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 01:48 PM
  #750
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Devils win and it doesn't come in a shoot out? What gives? That was a stupid penalty the Oilers took there
Yowzer. I guess Tom Renny will give his usual canned post game diatride on how "we must tidy up our game."
, Thank God he's gone!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.