HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
So MSC in a major slump. No points to night. Like only two assists his last game. I'm off the bandwagon....
He had chances turned Dumba inside out on one play , his line was checked very tight tonight . I am on vacation for next two weeks time to add more wrinkles in Mexico , Will link more updates when I come back

Old
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
He had chances turned Dumba inside out on one play , his line was checked very tight tonight . I am on vacation for next two weeks time to add more wrinkles in Mexico , Will link more updates when I come back
Have fun my man. You know the trolls will be out in force on the main board while your gone. Don't get too comfortable down there.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:54 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Love the way Miller and Kreider have played so far.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post

One game MSC doesn't score and you need a vacation?

Old
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider didn't have a good game yesterday afternoon. BC gets back into a routine for the rest of the season starting this weekend.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Updated the statistics in the first post.

It's just pain.
Old
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

THN Hotlist

Quote:
J.T. Miller, C – Plymouth Whalers (OHL)
Another player who fought right to the end for Team USA at the world juniors, Miller demonstrated his penchant for great physical play at the tourney, even if his offense wasn’t lights-out. Back in Plymouth, he has rung up 13 goals and 39 points in 33 games, so scoring is not a long-term problem. Drafted 15th overall by the New York Rangers in 2011.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...in-action.html

Old
01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Anyone else find it funny that JT Miller, a Whaler, will soon be playing for the same animal he is hunting?

Old
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Anyone else find it funny that JT Miller, a Whaler, will soon be playing for the same animal he is hunting?

I have never thought about that, but talk about a confused player.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Throw him on a episode of Whale Wars and see who's side he's really on....

Old
01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Ola

Quote:
Ha!

Imagine also if his name was JT Fish.

He would be a Fish playing for a team that hunted his enemies, but he would soon be playing for his enemy. And imagine if his mom's name was Plankton and he had both names. JT Fish-Plankton. He would be playing for a team that hunted his enemies, but he would himself have a name that hunted his other name, but would soon be playing for a team that hunted one of his names, but protected his other name. Cool! (not to mention how cool it would be if his first name was Louie)

Old
01-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Pizza

There is a feature on Blueshirts United featuring Gordie Clark and his take on the top prospects at mid season. Just go there IYW. It's easy to find.

Old
01-11-2012, 06:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
There is a feature on Blueshirts United featuring Gordie Clark and his take on the top prospects at mid season. Just go there IYW. It's easy to find.
Was there a video of him speaking or just this write-up?

http://blueshirtsunited.com/photos/512

Old
01-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Pizza

Just the write up Wolf. Maybe a video comes when the meetings with scouting staff have concluded.

Old
01-12-2012, 02:29 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Ha!

Imagine also if his name was JT Fish.

He would be a Fish playing for a team that hunted his enemies, but he would soon be playing for his enemy. And imagine if his mom's name was Plankton and he had both names. JT Fish-Plankton. He would be playing for a team that hunted his enemies, but he would himself have a name that hunted his other name, but would soon be playing for a team that hunted one of his names, but protected his other name. Cool! (not to mention how cool it would be if his first name was Louie)
Ola, Please pass around whatever you're having.

PS - And if his Daddy's name was Krill, he'd...

Old
01-12-2012, 07:38 AM
nrf83

Dylan McIlrath (first round, 2010): 2-11-13, 74 pim in 30 gp for Moose Jaw in WHL; "Mike Strothers is the new coach in Moose Jaw, and he's a perfect fit for Dylan. McIlrath is playing very hard, mean, and simple now---exactly what we want."

Exactly what all NYR fans want; I hope Gordie is not blowing smoke up our ass's. I don't know why but whenever McIlraths name comes up I automatically think of "he, who shall not be named, but DZ is way better than he" BTW I just noticed Oleksiak was drafted by Dallas 2011, might that be because NYR drafted McIlrath; Dylan would not have been available to NYR later in draft because Dallas wanted him as many posters have stated.

Old
01-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Nice to hear that DMac is playing well. If we're patient with this kid (which with our D depth, should be a given), he could develop into a monster. Once he fills out his frame, it's going to be scary how good McIlrath can be. Let's just hope his hockey IQ develops too, which seems to be the only question with him. On physical gifts, he seems pretty set.

Old
01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
Dylan McIlrath (first round, 2010): 2-11-13, 74 pim in 30 gp for Moose Jaw in WHL; "Mike Strothers is the new coach in Moose Jaw, and he's a perfect fit for Dylan. McIlrath is playing very hard, mean, and simple now---exactly what we want."

Exactly what all NYR fans want; I hope Gordie is not blowing smoke up our ass's. I don't know why but whenever McIlraths name comes up I automatically think of "he, who shall not be named, but DZ is way better than he" BTW I just noticed Oleksiak was drafted by Dallas 2011, might that be because NYR drafted McIlrath; Dylan would not have been available to NYR later in draft because Dallas wanted him as many posters have stated.
There have been many reports that Dallas, at 11, was very high on McIlrath. Taking Oleksiak the next year, as you have pointed out, makes me believe that those reports are true.

Old
01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Pizza

Nothing new here on McI. Good to hear that they seem to be happy where he's at and who's coaching him now. I've become a huge fan of the pick. As I've often said, if this kid can develop to the point where Sauer was prior to his recent injury, we've got a tremendous asset on the back line.

Steady, simple play with a big dose of nasty added in. Something the back line truly lacks right now.

Old
01-12-2012, 11:39 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Nothing new here on McI. Good to hear that they seem to be happy where he's at and who's coaching him now. I've become a huge fan of the pick. As I've often said, if this kid can develop to the point where Sauer was prior to his recent injury, we've got a tremendous asset on the back line.

Steady, simple play with a big dose of nasty added in. Something the back line truly lacks right now.

The last fight I found, 4.1.2012

Old
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
The last fight I found, 4.1.2012

WHY does anyone even bother to fight him anymore????

Seriously, almost every video I see of McI fighting is just him destroying someone. It's not even like the guy he was fighting was that horrible a fighter, McI is just a physical monster. He ragdolls other big guys with one arm, throwing them off balance constantly, and just pounds them with his free hand until they turtle. It's ridiculous.

Old
01-12-2012, 01:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

McIlrath with the jackhammers.... Wish that fight was on Moose Jaw's home ice.... The announcer's commentary would have been priceless.

Old
01-12-2012, 01:35 PM
eco's bones

Dylan's not tucking his head down. No wild swinging on his part. He's looking for openings to place his punches.

Old
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Dylan's not tucking his head down. No wild swinging on his part. He's looking for openings to place his punches.
I liked how he was alternating over/under with his punches so the other guy had no guess as to how to avoid them and defend himself.

Old
01-12-2012, 02:50 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I liked how he was alternating over/under with his punches so the other guy had no guess as to how to avoid them and defend himself.
He's good at what he does. I have seen him off balance at times-or more like on his heels with smaller players who get in underneath his defenses. His one AHL fight last year with Alex O'Neil was kind of like that. Most players just trying to stand and throw with him are going to get their ***** kicked.

BTW Samuel Noreau is really not all that different from McIlrath in the way he fights. If he can develop the rest of his game we'll have two 6'5 defensemen maybe one day who will be our version of the Bruise Brothers.

Closed Thread