HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone miss Mike Fisher?

Old
01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Cowen Time

vCash: 500
Prusek fell on hard times after the Sens - some physical and some confidence. He actually got 9 games in Columbus.

In his last Sens season though, he had a good record - 2003-04 - 29 games, 16 wins, 3 ties, 925 save %. Winning % in pre-OT days of 55% wasn't to bad. Lalime that year was about 44%, and the Sens did have great D. He wasn't horrible when with the Sens, but he did get pushed out by Emery.

There was no rhyme or reason for his starts either. I remember one game where he made about 40 saves in Philly to steal a game from the Flyers, after not playing for about a month, so they ran him out the next night for a back to back start on the road, which he wasn't very good in. Then everyone said, "well, he had a shot". Cruddy way to develop a goaltender.

Sentimentally I miss him because he went from a Sens prospect, AHL tender of the year, to another Sens goaltending development mess. There was something very amiss in those days on how the Sens handled the keepers. Other teams were able to bring along good ones but the Sens were not able to.

So take a calmness pill and relax with the disrespect for posters. This is just a thread about who you miss, not who you want back.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:43 PM
jasonjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
I hope he has success in Nashville, but I'm liking what we have more. If Turris can get stronger he's already better than Fisher.
Turris has talents that Fisher will never have, like good hands and vision on the ice, while Fisher has strength and size.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjim View Post
Turris has talents that Fisher will never have, like good hands and vision on the ice, while Fisher has strength and size.
That is exactly what Carrie said.

Herc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:48 PM
jasonjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asharx View Post
I miss Freaken Saprykin. I wish that he was kept around for one more year....
I agree. I thought he had some potential, played hard, and wasn't given a fair tryout by management, why I don't know.

jasonjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Romans12_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
at Prusek though.

That guy was terrible.

Do any of you ever even consider the fact that many of these Sens players that are supposedly so awesome are out of the league once Ottawa finally dumps them?

Prusuck never played another NHL game. Hurme played 28 games for Florida before disappearing.

I know this is the "hockey's future" site and a lot of you think you could be, should have been, or one day will be scouts, but the level of sheer idiocy I see on here everyday is absolutely astounding.

I get dumber every second I spend reading this board.
I said I liked the guy, I didnt say I thought he was the future goaltender that was going to save the franchise, or that he even was able to be a starter someday. Simply put, I liked the guys style and thought he was a great backup for the team while he was here. He had an interesting personality and was exciting to watch in net.

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Fisher was a good guy and a good team mate. I'll always miss him, but I don't want him back here. We have to move forward. The Cardiac Kids have become this teams identity. They can win with the lead, but they'll give even opponents with a huge lead a real run for their money.

Actually, I like that Gallagher kid from the Canadian WJC team. He would fit in with this kind of roster real well imo. Too bad the Habs have him. Think we could get him in a trade?

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote