HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there trouble bewteen Jagr and Renney?

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Diehardfan419

vCash: 500
Is there trouble bewteen Jagr and Renney?

I hate to bring this up, but did anyone else catch a couple of really troubling signs during the Ranger-Tampa game tonight? Watching on MSG, the camera goes to the Ranger bench during the Timeout that Renney called in the 3rd before the Poti PP goal. Jagr is sitting up on the boards, facing the Ice, appearing to try and catch his breath. It looked like Renney was trying to talk to him or some players sitting right next to him. Jagr looked really pissed and I saw him turn around and yell something at Renney. Renney then proceeded to walk away from him and said something to Perry Pearn. Well, the camera quickly turned away from the bench.

I thought that it appeared alittle strange, but figured it was just heat of the game type stuff. Well, then the MSG cameras went into the locker room to show the Rangers supposed celebration. The first thing I saw was Renney in his usual spot awaiting all the Rngers players as they walk into the locker room. You see him greet each player, however, when Rucinsky gets in there, I saw him walk up close to Renney and the two of them whisper something to each other for about 10-15 seconds. It looked like Rucinsky was trying to either calm Renney down or explain something REALLY IMPORTANT. Rucinsky then walks away. Well, who is the next player to enter the room, its Jagr. I waited to see what was going to happen between him and Renney and you all of a sudden dont see Renney in his spot and Jagr walk right past, grabs a garbage can out of the way, and sits at his locker. Jagr looked pissed off as all heck. Then, you see Poti enter the room and, guess what, Renney is back standing in his normal spot and he picks up greeting each player as they enter the room.

Somethin is up, boys. I think Jags and Renney might be in the middle of some serious trouble with each other. I sure hope not, but man Jagr looked pissed at Renney and Renney sure as hell didnt look too happy either.

Old
12-22-2005, 11:36 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

We dont know what they said so its kind of wrong to even speculate there is a problem between them. BTW Jagr always looks pissed on the ice cept if a goal was just scored.

Old
12-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
We dont know what they said so its kind of wrong to even speculate there is a problem between them. BTW Jagr always looks pissed on the ice cept if a goal was just scored.
I understand that, but I think what made me concerned was what I saw in the locker room, too. I dont know.....both incidents together a few minutes apart? It really looked like there is a rift there.

Old
12-22-2005, 11:46 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I just watched the timeout and I think your reading way to much into it, the camera cut right to the screen and Jagr was in mid sentence yelling something over to someone behind him, and Renny had his hand on someones shoulder and was talking to someone as well, not sure if they were talking to each other. Then Renney walks around a little..then said something to his assistant. I dont really think its anything to worry about.

Old
12-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Balej20*

The purpose of the time out was simpliy to rest the top unit...not to discuss strategy. The players knew what the had to do, there was no need for talking. It was just meant as a rest and as you can see, Jagr was resting up.

Old
12-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
This could just be Renney trying to get the fire back in Jagr again, and he had a 3 point night so I think it's working.

Old
12-23-2005, 12:23 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
You guys are like the National Enquirer.

"Jagr goes scoreless in three games, have spat on ice... is trouble brewing? Turn to page 48 for the shocking photos!!"

Old
12-23-2005, 12:26 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
For what it's worth, I noticed something also. Jagr does always have a weird mug on, but he looked like he was very mad right before that faceoff. Also, Jagr himself said that when your boss treats you well, "you die out there for them." He's been very quiet lately (Gagne, sidelined for two weeks has a goal up on him). He's really not shooting as much. It makes you think.

I can't see why it's a big deal. Renney wants the PP to run North American-style with net-crashing and point shots... Jagr wants the Euro style, which is great, but teams catch on in the NHL. I still don't understand why that's so upsetting.

Just speculation, of course, and he even yells at his linemates and the refs at times. Who knows?

Old
12-23-2005, 12:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken

"Jagr goes scoreless in three games, have spat on ice... is trouble brewing? Turn to page 48 for the shocking photos!!"

here are the shocking photos of jagr screaming at renney but the story is in czech so who knows???

Old
12-23-2005, 04:39 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken

Thanks.

Nice to start my day off with laughter.

Old
12-23-2005, 07:51 AM
shoothepuck

If Jagr is mad at Renney, so be it look at the outcome. What seemed odd, was Poti's interview where he said that he's picked his game up 15 or 20 games ago. Was good to see him score. Maybe he needs to get hit in the ankle with a shot every game.

Old
12-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Fletch

Let's hope they hate each other now...

because Jagr's become motivated again. Perhaps Jagr's sulking because his buddy Nylander was benched. And I'm sure Jagr's the one keeping Rozsival on the ice. But in any event, Jagr played a spirited game and that's all that counts.

Old
12-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Ola

Jagr and Renney have both been around long enough to keep it under controll. They may be pissed at each other but I think there is also mutual respect. And neither have anything to gain on starting something. Jagr won't get Renney fired and Renney won't have Jagr traded.

I don't remember what game it was but right after the "its stuipid" comment about more shots on the PP, Renney started playing Poti on the point and I think Rucchin was on the ice too with Jagr and Co. It looked like we had two units on the ice, Jagr and his crew and Rucchin and Poti. Rucchin sent it back to the D's when he had a chance and they fired away. On one occasion Poti missed the net and Jagr pretty much turned away from the puck in his corner and took a line change. After that Renney started the 2nd PP unit for the rest of the PP's. I've seen Jagr on a couple of occasions do stuff like that, it have happend a few times when Poti have been involved, even pointing at him where he wants the puck to be passed. Jagr is Jagr for good and for bad. If you handle him correctly he is a great asset, but Renney can't just handle the rains over. Would be suprised though if it ever amounts to any real trouble.

Old
12-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
because Jagr's become motivated again. Perhaps Jagr's sulking because his buddy Nylander was benched. And I'm sure Jagr's the one keeping Rozsival on the ice. But in any event, Jagr played a spirited game and that's all that counts.
Have never gotten the impression that Nylander is a "Jagr-mate".

Old
12-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Fletch

I was thinking...

that Jagr may've been consulted prior to Nylander coming over, since the two did play together and he was going to be Jagr's centerman. Maybe not a 'buddy', but it seems as though Jagr thinks guys, like him, should be able to play though a funk and that the team needs more scorers (i.s., Sykora), and not for benchings for guys like Nylander.

Back to the original topic, it almost doesn't appear as though Jagr and Renney are on the same page. Renney thought the PP was stale and Jagr didn't see much wrong with the way the PP was operated even though it went about 6-70 at one point. Jagr's a player that just wants to play his game and not be coached. Renney seems to now want to start coaching since the Rangers hit a small rut. Hopefully Jagr will keep scoring 2-3 points per game and the Rangers keep winning.

Old
12-23-2005, 09:12 AM
DarthSather99

things must really be good in Ranger land if we have to go around "speculating" that the coach and a player had an argument. Is this the worst there is? .....

Old
12-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
things must really be good in Ranger land if we have to go around "speculating" that the coach and a player had an argument. Is this the worst there is? .....
How true is that. But, I just thought Id post my observations. Hey, its a good conversation starter. I just hope it doesnt escalate, thats all.

Old
12-23-2005, 10:14 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Seriously, why can't we just discuss it. Is there an HF Cynic of the ear Award? A lot of people seem to be trying. I'm cynical myself, but you gotta pick and choose your battles!

It might be equally naive to presume a player like Jagr (with a sometimes-babyish disposition) is not seeing eye-to-eyewith a coach. Give him a break, I'd be scared if I knew for sure there was a rift.

Old
12-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Levitate

if the rangers keep winning and jagr keeps getting his icetime, i don't think there's gonna be any real trouble out of jagr

Closed Thread