HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi on Team 1260

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2012, 02:04 PM
  #1
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,560
vCash: 500
Dean Lombardi on Team 1260

http://www.theteam1260.com/index.aspx

It's a taped interview from earlier today that will air soon on the Mark Spector show. He'll issue an apology to the Oilers for how he handled the Smyth trade and will also talk about the trade deadline, Hemsky, Penner and pancakes.

Should be coming on in about 20 minutes.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
  #2
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,544
vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Thanks Ziggy, should be interesting.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
  #3
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,156
vCash: 500
I hope this doesn't mean that there is a trade coming up.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
  #4
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,544
vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I hope this doesn't mean that there is a trade coming up.
Better not. Hell no to Hemsky unless the Oilers are giving him away. MPS would be interesting, but the cost to get him versus the question marks surrounding him is overwhelming.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
  #5
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Better not. Hell no to Hemsky unless the Oilers are giving him away. MPS would be interesting, but the cost to get him versus the question marks surrounding him is overwhelming.
Young D for young forward. I like the idea of Paajarvi waaaay more than Hemsky.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
  #6
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I hope this doesn't mean that there is a trade coming up.
You mean you think Lombardi only apologizes when he wants something? Because that is how this sounds.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
  #7
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
You mean you think Lombardi only apologizes when he wants something? Because that is how this sounds.
Exactly.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
  #8
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Keep Hemsky away from us. He's balsa wood

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
  #9
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,437
vCash: 150
Does this mean Lombardi was wrong?

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
  #10
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Does this mean Lombardi was wrong?
You're smarter than that.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  #11
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Hehe, Oilers fans incoming...


Who won the Gretzky trade? The Visnovsky trade? The O'Sullivan trade?

You won the Penner trade based on what? That Teubert made the bottom pairing on one of the worst defenses in the league? Klebfom can't make the regular lineup over in Sweden and will at best be a 2nd pairing defensman. You still have a 3rd rounder tho
Smyth trade? He wanted home and is going MIA again after December and Fraser has been a fine 4th liner and the 6mio$ of cap space we got was usefull to aquire Gagne.

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
  #12
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
The only player (outside of Hall, Eberle, RNH) I would want is Paajarvi. Offer something around Martinez.

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
  #13
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,437
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Hehe, Oilers fans incoming...


Who won the Gretzky trade? The Visnovsky trade? The O'Sullivan trade?

You won the Penner trade based on what? That Teubert made the bottom pairing on one of the worst defenses in the league? Klebfom can't make the regular lineup over in Sweden and will at best be a 2nd pairing defensman. You still have a 3rd rounder tho
Smyth trade? He wanted home and is going MIA again after December and Fraser has been a fine 4th liner and 6mio$ of cap space we could use to aquire players.
Oiler management is the worst in the league. Bar none.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
  #14
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
I hope that Oilers trolls will be kept out of this thread.

As for the trade, I will believe that Lombardi is wrong, if he tells us some new facts. If the facts remain the same then it's just him trying to get something from the Oilers.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
  #15
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,437
vCash: 150
Lombardi coming up after the break.

http://www.630ched.com/

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
  #16
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,544
vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I liked the interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Same thing as always, though it seems that Lombardi is a combination of being more reserved about who he trades for next, but also much more flexible in what he is going after. Meaning that he is open to go all out on someone regardless if he is overpaid etc..., but very cautious about which player that might be, "has to be the right fit" that we get told 30 times a year as always Sounds like a star winger is the only acceptable return as a serious trade, otherwise it is small deals and depth maneuvers like we have seen in the past like Modin and Halpern. Will be an interesting deadline, hopefully he finds his big fish.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
  #17
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,544
vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Lombardi coming up after the break.

http://www.630ched.com/
Another one? Lombardi is busy today.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
  #18
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
After the interview Spector said that the squabbles came from the Penner trade... Pretty sure it was the Smyth trade

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
  #19
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Oiler management is the worst in the league. Bar none.
Back to back worst team in the NHL and on a fine way to finish in the lottery again?
They deserve at least some recognition from the NHL for their special achievement.


Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
  #20
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
What do I have to click and where? I am waiting for that first one for 20 minutes now.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
  #21
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,437
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Another one? Lombardi is busy today.
Yup. He's on right now.

He just apologized.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
  #22
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,437
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
What do I have to click and where? I am waiting for that first one for 20 minutes now.
http://player.630ched.com/

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
  #23
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
And my impression from the interview, considering how much he emphasized the right fit going into the future, I gotta think Hemsky is not one of Lombardi's preferred targets...

Though I guess we might be desperate enough for some help up front that some deal could be worked out anyway.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
  #24
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I liked the interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Same thing as always, though it seems that Lombardi is a combination of being more reserved about who he trades for next, but also much more flexible in what he is going after. Meaning that he is open to go all out on someone regardless if he is overpaid etc..., but very cautious about which player that might be, "has to be the right fit" that we get told 30 times a year as always Sounds like a star winger is the only acceptable return as a serious trade, otherwise it is small deals and depth maneuvers like we have seen in the past like Modin and Halpern. Will be an interesting deadline, hopefully he finds his big fish.
Agree and this was a classic DL interview.

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
  #25
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,437
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
And my impression from the interview, considering how much he emphasized the right fit going into the future, I gotta think Hemsky is not one of Lombardi's preferred targets...

Though I guess we might be desperate enough for some help up front that some deal could be worked out anyway.
Wouldnt surprise me if the deal was already done and the apology was part of it.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.