HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Miller vs. Luongo

View Poll Results: Roberto Luongo or Ryan Miller?
Roberto Luongo 116 37.54%
Ryan Miller 193 62.46%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-12-2012, 01:11 AM
serge2k

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
It doesn't ****ing matter, the only thing that matters is in THE 7 game series boston was the better team, which is why they won the stanley cup. Its hard to accept but its the truth.
I don't deny that. They were much better in the finals.

Canucks had horrible injuries and horrible goaltending.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:24 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Neither are better or worse, they're about the same.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

The Canucks played like **** vs. Boston... There, I said it. Luongo was inconsistant, the Sedins were awful, Kesler was injured, Hamhuis was out, and our depth players who were supposed to be scoring were more concerned with playing the Bruins game than their own. Lesson learned. I just hope the team takes something away from that series and using it as a building point for the future. The Canucks were a more talented team than Boston, but Boston exposed them as a mentally fragile team. A part of this was due to key players being injured, sure. But we let Thomas get in our heads. How many times did you see a skater just make the easy outside shot in that series? Too many. Not to take anything away from TT, but our forwards really didn't make it too hard on him. When the going got tough, we didn't adapt.

The Bruins on the other hand stuck to their game plan. They played a tight defensive system while slowly wearing down a smaller, quicker team with physical play. We can call it dirty all we want, but their strategy was very effective.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Except Biron hasn't appeared in 19 games like Schneider

And there is also the fact that the Canucks have played four more games than the Rangers...

Goaltenders having a better year than Luongo; Lundqvist, Thomas, Howard, Quick, Smith, Rinne, Theodore, Lethonen, Khabibulin, Backstrom... That's already 10 goaltenders who have put up better numbers than Luongo, most of which, play on worse teams.

Than factor in the fact that Luongo hasn't even been able to put up Schneider's numbers, and he is in competition with a slew of other goaltenders like Fleury, Ward, Niemi, Kiprusoff, etc, and it is pretty clear to see that Luongo being a top-15 goaltender, THIS YEAR, is definitely in question.

I know you enjoy statistics, and guess what, statistics state that every goaltender I just listed is doing better than Luongo.

And I find your obsession with comparing Luongo to Lundqvist comical. You're the only person on the forum that will still use "Luongo" and "elite" in the same sentence. Lundqvist is better than Luongo. It isn't even up for debate. This is the first year that Lundqvist has had a quality team in front of him and we are finally seeing the numbers he can put up, numbers that Luongo hasn't come close to in Vancouver. At the halfway point, Lundqvist is flirting with a .940SV% and is the front runner for the Vezina. Don't be disappointed when Lundqvist gets a Vezina before the "elite" Luongo.
Holy sample size Batman. If you're only going to look at half a season then what happens when you just look at stats from Nov 1 to today? I'll let you calculate that...

I assume you'll admit that Cam Ward is one of the worst goalies in the NHL based on your post?

01-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Holy sample size Batman. If you're only going to look at half a season then what happens when you just look at stats from Nov 1 to today? I'll let you calculate that...

I assume you'll admit that Cam Ward is one of the worst goalies in the NHL based on your post?
Luongo doesn't get a pass for having a bad start. The season started in October, someone should have told Luongo that. It didn't start November 1st. Based on the half the season, Luongo and his numbers do not clearly indicate that he has been top-15 starter. And I will continue to go to the numbers because YOU are the one who has a fascination with them. Thus, I will continue to use your own logic of "stats rule all" against you.

And guess what? Lundqvist still has better numbers from November 1st forward.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The Canucks played like **** vs. Boston... There, I said it. Luongo was inconsistant, the Sedins were awful, Kesler was injured, Hamhuis was out, and our depth players who were supposed to be scoring were more concerned with playing the Bruins game than their own. Lesson learned. I just hope the team takes something away from that series and using it as a building point for the future. The Canucks were a more talented team than Boston, but Boston exposed them as a mentally fragile team. A part of this was due to key players being injured, sure. But we let Thomas get in our heads. How many times did you see a skater just make the easy outside shot in that series? Too many. Not to take anything away from TT, but our forwards really didn't make it too hard on him. When the going got tough, we didn't adapt.

The Bruins on the other hand stuck to their game plan. They played a tight defensive system while slowly wearing down a smaller, quicker team with physical play. We can call it dirty all we want, but their strategy was very effective.

Hardly a bold statement, considering this has been well-known since June.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote