HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi on Team 1260

Old
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Kings are gunning for Hemsky. I think there's no doubt about it, you don't go onto some other team's radio station to apologize like that with the trade deadline coming on up.

I think Lombardi has wanted Hemsky for a while on top of the fact that Daryl Sutter has a hard-on for Oiler players too from his days in Calgary (ie: Glencross, Kotalik, Staois, etc.).

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
aspin

I hope we can all put this to rest now and admit that all the venom that was spewed on here about Lowe and Tambellini wronging Lombardi so badly and the fact that Lombardi did nothing wrong regarding releasing medical information, etc. was not so accurate.

aspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin View Post
I hope we can all put this to rest now and admit that all the venom that was spewed on here about Lowe and Tambellini wronging Lombardi so badly and the fact that Lombardi did nothing wrong regarding releasing medical information, etc. was not so accurate.
Nah. Tambo is still a cheap ass.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I like that he said that we have issues to address personnel wise directly.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:54 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
I hope that Oilers trolls will be kept out of this thread.

As for the trade, I will believe that Lombardi is wrong, if he tells us some new facts. If the facts remain the same then it's just him trying to get something from the Oilers.
Nobody is trolling. But considering the fact that Lombardi basically called Tambellini a con artist and a thief and a lot on this board said even worse it is notable who is now claiming that they were in the wrong all along.

He was pissed that Smyth left him with no options and that Doughty was being an ass about the contract and decided to take it out on Tambellini. Eight months later he gets around to apologizing.

I think that is pretty much it.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 196
Better late than never.

I give him credit for apologizing, if it was of his own accord.

Not everyone would do that.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
Nobody is trolling. But considering the fact that Lombardi basically called Tambellini a con artist and a thief and a lot on this board said even worse it is notable who is now claiming that they were in the wrong all along.

He was pissed that Smyth left him with no options and that Doughty was being an ass about the contract and decided to take it out on Tambellini. Eight months later he gets around to apologizing.

He's overstepped his bounds, but let's not forget that the Oilers were made to even things out and to take responsibility for what actually happened. It is not like he made it up or it was just the Doughty situation set him off. There is no need to re-hash memories. Everyone takes hardships differently, but it is not like it came out of thin air. LA was forced to give up one of their best wingers for practically free and the Oilers didn't make it any easier.

Old
hockeyaddict101

It was obvious he is only apologizing because he wants something. Then went on and on complimenting the Oilers on the Ched interview.

Obviously part of the price of whatever trade they are negotiating.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Better late than never.

I give him credit for apologizing, if it was of his own accord.

Not everyone would do that.
I'll give him credit when he does it in his own media market. I have always been a big Lombardi fan, as you know. What he did last summer was juvenile.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Kings are gunning for Hemsky. I think there's no doubt about it, you don't go onto some other team's radio station to apologize like that with the trade deadline coming on up.

I think Lombardi has wanted Hemsky for a while on top of the fact that Daryl Sutter has a hard-on for Oiler players too from his days in Calgary (ie: Glencross, Kotalik, Staois, etc.).
Lombardi has always been like that. Fiery, but principled. I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that LA isn't looking at Hemsky. Lombardi is looking for a homerun player, not waste products and hand-me-downs. He is looking at players like Parise and Carter, not Hemsky. Let's see what happens.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
It was obvious he is only apologizing because he wants something. Then went on and on complimenting the Oilers on the Ched interview.

You have a vivid imagination. Lombardi stated months ago that he was wrong and sorry, only makes sense to apologize during his first Edmonton interviews since.

Old
I am the Liquor

When is Tambellini going to apologize to season ticket holders for foisting the pile of garbage called the Oilers on them?

Old
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

No offense to Oiler fans, but can this weird semi-creepy chronic trade partnering end already? XD

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Lombardi has always been like that. Fiery, but principled. I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that LA isn't looking at Hemsky. Lombardi is looking for a homerun player, not waste products and hand-me-downs. He is looking at players like Parise and Carter, not Hemsky. Let's see what happens.
Well, he had a pretty good look at Penner last year. Hemsky is better than Penner.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:

Could it be possible that this is some sort of agreement that has been in place since the NHL ruling on the Smyth trade and nothing more than that? That was my first thought at least. Never know though.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Well, he had a pretty good look at Penner last year. Hemsky is better than Penner.
Penner was signed another year and had no injury concerns. Lombardi is looking for a star, solid, and character winger. He is clearly looking for a home run. A rental Hemsky is not the answer.

Old
I am the Liquor

Quote:
I'll give him credit when he does it in his own media market. I have always been a big Lombardi fan, as you know. What he did last summer was juvenile.
Why would he do it in his own market?

Who would he be apologizing to?

Old
Shellz

I doubt Dean gets Hemsky. Magnus or bust

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Penner was signed another year and had no injury concerns. Lombardi is looking for a star, solid, and character winger. He is clearly looking for a home run. A rental Hemsky is not the answer.
He might be the bpa.

You might have to apologize to me if he becomes a King.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
He already did. He already admitted he was wrong with his public frustrations a while ago earlier in the season. This is just a formality and a result of his character to issue a public apology with his first Edmonton interviews as the two teams meet.

Old
theoil

Quote:
He's overstepped his bounds, but let's not forget that the Oilers were made to even things out and to take responsibility for what actually happened. It is not like he made it up or it was just the Doughty situation set him off. There is no need to re-hash memories. Everyone takes hardships differently, but it is not like it came out of thin air. LA was forced to give up one of their best wingers for practically free and the Oilers didn't make it any easier.
I agree the Oilers didn't make it easy. No doubt about it.

But the bolded part is wrong. Before the hearing the Oilers offered to cover a few thousand in hospital bills. In a 100 million dollar a year business this is like me dropping a dollar to a guy sitting on the street with his hand out.

As you say he overstepped and now he has apologized. I'll wait to see if he does it to your beat writer who covered this whole fiasco.

Old
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
No offense to Oiler fans, but can this weird semi-creepy chronic trade partnering end already? XD
I didn't think any trade was going to happen but this apology is far to "timely" for my liking.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zeus3007*

Quote:
I'm sure he is looking at Parise and Carter. Probably Selanne too. But when he realizes that those players either aren't available (Carter, Selanne) or will cost him a stupid amount to get (Parise), its highly likely he comes to the best available rental forward who is not in the untouchable category. And that is Ales Hemsky. We already know from last year that he likes Hemmer too. The only things that need to be sorted out is the fair price...which nobody on HF will ever agree, and Lombardi and Tambellini may or may not agree on.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
I didn't think any trade was going to happen but this apology is far to "timely" for my liking.
It does seem pretty strange.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:

1. Tambellini was a liar - Fraser wasn't healthy when the regular seasons started. But I'm fine dumping Smyth as he is a 3rd liner making 6mio$ at this point in his career.

2.Doughty is signed long term, same Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Johnson... Tambellini (or the next Oilers GM) has yet to do so for your core because I doubt Khabibulin/Horcoff/Smyth is a solution for the future.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote