HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi on Team 1260

Old
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I doubt Dean gets Hemsky. Magnus or bust
You wouldn't want to pay the price for Magnus. He'll likely cost more than Hemsky, ha ha.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If all it took for the Kings to acquire Hemsky was an apology, I'd be fine with that, but I wouldn't give up anything of significance for him. Hemsky makes Simon Gagne look like Doug Jarvis.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

There was a lot of Oiler butt kissing in that interview. A trade has to be brewing.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
I agree the Oilers didn't make it easy. No doubt about it.

But the bolded part is wrong. Before the hearing the Oilers offered to cover a few thousand in hospital bills. In a 100 million dollar a year business this is like me dropping a dollar to a guy sitting on the street with his hand out.

As you say he overstepped and now he has apologized. I'll wait to see if he does it to your beat writer who covered this whole fiasco.
He already did.......... And you said it yourself, it is nothing, they snubbed their noses like they did nothing wrong and threw a couple bucks in his face like a snob to a distressed waiter. It was the principle of the matter, not the money involved.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Young D for young forward. I like the idea of Paajarvi waaaay more than Hemsky.
Id say theres almost no chance that Paajarvi will ever be even close to as good as Hemsky.

Hemmer is UFA though and hes going to test the market so i can understand why.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You have a vivid imagination. Lombardi stated months ago that he was wrong and sorry, only makes sense to apologize during his first Edmonton interviews since.
That never made it to the Edmonton media. It's all good then.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
It does seem pretty strange.
Perhaps it is just that LA is playing in Edmonton in a few days and his apology is sincere?

We'll see.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
When is Tambellini going to apologize to season ticket holders for foisting the pile of garbage called the Oilers on them?
I believe we will both be old men waiting for that IATL.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Perhaps it is just that LA is playing in Edmonton in a few days and his apology is sincere?

We'll see.
That makes a lot more sense, imo. But then again, I never know what Dean is up to. He always seems to surprise.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Eytinge

Hemsky is better than Magnus just so you guys know. If you're trying to add offensive punch to your team why would you want Paajarvi?

I don't know if the two teams are talking but I bet Sutter likes Hemsky. He's seen him a lot in Calgary and had to respect Hemsky never backing down from Regehr during the BOA. He also loves to trade for/sign former Oilers for some reason.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If all it took for the Kings to acquire Hemsky was an apology, I'd be fine with that, but I wouldn't give up anything of significance for him. Hemsky makes Simon Gagne look like Doug Jarvis.
I wanted Hemsky last deadline. I don't want to sound like I personally don't want him. But I sure as hell wouldn't pay another 1st + prospect + pick, for a rental player who can't stay healthy to save his life. He is a lot like Gagne, someone who would be elite if they could stay on their skates for more than a quarter of the year. He isn't the bid deal LA is waiting for. I would take him if they lowered their price because even if we acquire Hemsky, we are still looking for a top winger...

Old
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I believe we will both be old men waiting for that IATL.
I thought we were already old?

I think the phrase you might be looking for is "dead and buried".

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
I wanted Hemsky last deadline. I don't want to sound like I personally don't want him. But I sure as hell wouldn't pay another 1st + prospect + pick, for a rental player who can't stay healthy to save his life. He is a lot like Gagne, someone who would be elite if they could stay on their skates for more than a quarter of the year. He isn't the the deal LA is waiting for. I would take him if they lowered their price because even if we acquire Hemsky, we are still looking for a top winger...
Plus Hemsky isn't a goalscorer which we need. I mean he has a career high of 24 goals?
I would rater get Squid back then a more fragille version of Justin Williams.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
You have a vivid imagination. Lombardi stated months ago that he was wrong and sorry, only makes sense to apologize during his first Edmonton interviews since.
Ah, I wasn't aware of the apology in the LA market.

Thanks for that info.

As I said in another post, LA is playing in Edmonton in a few days so it could be sincere.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

For those who missed Lombardi's interview on 630 CHED, you can find it here: http://www.630ched.com/Podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2254

If the Oilers would take a pair of Manchester prospects for Hemsky, then I'd be fine with that. Other than that, pass.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
For those who missed Lombardi's interview on 630 CHED, you can find it here: http://www.630ched.com/Podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2254

If the Oilers would take a pair of Manchester prospects for Hemsky, then I'd be fine with that. Other than that, pass.
But he has great chemistry with Penner.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
outofrange

This sounds like DL keeping lines of communication open in case he gets desperate enough to trade for Hemsky in the future. Not a bad idea.

LOL @ Oilers fans thinking that Hemsky is going to get any big pieces from us in this trade.

Martinez/Hickey + 1 rd pick is the MAX I would give up for a UFA china doll.

He should be had fairly cheap. I don't think many teams would go crazy going after him since he is so fragile.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Shellz

Wouldn't salary have to be sent back even if the Kings traded for Hemsky?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
outofrange

Quote:

Yeah it has to be reasonable. Maybe Hickey + Kozun/Jones/Zatkoff/Vey? Idk.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Wouldn't salary have to be sent back even if the Kings traded for Hemsky?
With Parse out all season and with Gags also looking to go that way, they might be able to fit him in.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
JohnWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Keep Hemsky away from us. He's balsa wood
Hemsky and MPS for Thomas Hickey, Vyacheslav Voynov and a first?

JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Plus Hemsky isn't a goalscorer which we need. I mean he has a career high of 24 goals?
I would rater get Squid back then a more fragille version of Justin Williams.
Pretty much. Our #1 need is a sniper/goal scorer. A playmaking Hemsky, while nice when he is temporarily put back together, still doesn't provide us with what we need. As far as team need goes, Cammy is a more attractive option, though that is where the comparison ends, as Hemsky is better is most other facets. Still, neither player helps us or is all that appealing.

Lombardi was right, which may allude hopefully to his job status as well, LA has no gun to their head to do anything. We have players that should be able to fulfill their roles, are young, signed long term and reasonably. There is no reason to panic and sell the farm for a quick fix. Though, he comes off a bit as a dreamer if he is expecting lightning to strike twice after the Richards trade. Still, with an offseason like a potential Parise out there, who knows...

Old
01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
I'll give him credit when he does it in his own media market. I have always been a big Lombardi fan, as you know. What he did last summer was juvenile.
WOW!! - Shocking! An oiler fan agreeing with another oiler fan. And on the Kings board no less. (get a room!)

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
I agree the Oilers didn't make it easy. No doubt about it.

But the bolded part is wrong. Before the hearing the Oilers offered to cover a few thousand in hospital bills. In a 100 million dollar a year business this is like me dropping a dollar to a guy sitting on the street with his hand out.

As you say he overstepped and now he has apologized. I'll wait to see if he does it to your beat writer who covered this whole fiasco.
If you don't mind me asking, could you find the source of that claim? The last thing I want to do is to start this argument all over again, however this is news to me and I am curious to hear where that comes from.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Ah, I wasn't aware of the apology in the LA market.

Thanks for that info.

As I said in another post, LA is playing in Edmonton in a few days so it could be sincere.
Yeah, I am trying to find it, but a lot of our media is muddled and buried with coaching change stuff. But he mentioned it a few times that he regretted how he handled the situation and that he was sorry it went as far as it did. It only makes sense that he would issue his apology when the two teams meet next in Edmonton and he speaks with the Oilers media. He also said that he and Tambellini already talked quite a while ago and apologized to each other and buried the hatchet.