HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Eller vs. Kadri

View Poll Results: who's the better overall player.
Hab fan votting Eller 21 17.07%
Leaf fan votting Kadri 42 34.15%
Non- Hab fan voting Eller 26 21.14%
Non-Leaf fan voting Kadri 34 27.64%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
  #26
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Kadri had yet to play a full NHL season.

So for now I gotta go with Eller.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has yet to play a full NHL season.

So for now I gotta go with Brett Lebda.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
  #27
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,946
vCash: 460
Leaf fan saying Kadri. I will say this though: I'm still annoyed JFJ traded that pick for Toskala. Me and my friend were excited as Eller was supposed to fall right in the 13th pick that was moved to San Jose and later flipped to the Blues. He's going to bite Toronto in the ass someday. I wish he was a Leaf.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
  #28
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
He's definitely no "beast" defensively. He's a player who seems to have some of the makings of a very good 2-way center, however. But even then, not at like a household-name defensive beast/Selke candidate level, I don't think. No Ryan Kesler to play against, for example. Maybe somebody less-known but quietly very effective for those who follow him, I don't know, Hanzal or somebody like that. But that's still in the upside department. Right now, he's no beast, and I don't even think I'd classify him as "above-average" defensively at the NHL center ice level. Which is fine, since he's a young player who has never had any serious responsibilities on the team yet. I'm confident he'll continue to develop the traits he has and as he gains more responsibility, he'll be known as a solid 2-way guy who is clearly well above-average defensively. I think he flashes enough for us to be confident he'll get there. But I don't feel like it's fair to suggest that he's already there.

The cool thing with the new coaching change in Montreal is that there is more of a balance now in icetime for players. Under Martin, players like Eller and Kostitsyn were basically guaranteed to be shuffled all over the place or have their minutes docked in favour of the big-salary veterans, pretty much independent of how they were playing. So far under Cunneyworth, it looks like there might be more of a balance in icetime across the lines, and maybe the lines will even be allowed to stick together long enough for the chemistry to set in. In a very short time sample, Eller and Kostitsyn seem to be major benefactors of this. But it might just be a coincidental hot streak. I don't think it's just coincidental... I think Eller *is* going to blossom into the player that many Habs fans already seem to be talking about him being. I just think it's a little premature to be talking like he's already definitely there or like there's no risk at all that he won't make it. There's always risk. Most young players in fact DO NOT pan out the way their respective fanbases hope they will.
Thank you for clarifying and I agree with you on all fronts.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:59 AM
  #29
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Really? Since Kadri was last called up he has like 4 points in 7 games (Or somewhere close to it, my bad if im wrong.) Didn't have to be so rude. Eller is good, but right now he probably looks better then he is after ihs 4 goal night, Kadri would be the same.


Also I like the way the OP did the voting, never seen it before but smart idea. If people are honest.
It's not hard to pick out the Dishonest ones. You already have at least 3 Leafs voting in the non -Leaf fan section.Typical on this forum lately.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:20 AM
  #30
Stephen23
Registered User
 
Stephen23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Leaf fan saying Kadri. I will say this though: I'm still annoyed JFJ traded that pick for Toskala. Me and my friend were excited as Eller was supposed to fall right in the 13th pick that was moved to San Jose and later flipped to the Blues. He's going to bite Toronto in the ass someday. I wish he was a Leaf.
I was extremely upset that day too because I was really hoping for Couture (Sutter was 2nd on my wish list)

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 07:55 AM
  #31
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,885
vCash: 500
Kardi I guess. More upside.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
  #32
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,866
vCash: 500
Kadri.

That's no knock on Eller though, he's solid.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:35 PM
  #33
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
He was drafted in 2009.This is his 3rd season. There are many already playing a steady role in the NHL from 2009 onward. He now is jbeing given a chance to crack
the line up. It's not a sure thing yet. His 5 points in 12 games to date isn't bad but he hasn't developed as fast as many claimed he would.I got my facts straight.
No, you didn't. You said it took him three years to to crack a bad Leafs team.

1. The Leafs aren't a bad team.
2. He was drafted two and a half years ago, and it's already been explained to you why he didn't make the team out of camp. He was injured. As I said before, he was drafted two seasons ago, not three. He is exactly where he needs to be in his development.

Frattin was demoted, Armstrong is done for who knows how long, and Lombardi is injured as well. They're all third/fourth liners, and are unlikely to displace Kadri on a scoring line when they come back unless he drops the ball.

You can backtrack and try to weasel your words all you want, but the fact is you're wrong and don't know what you're talking about. The fact that your posts are changing in tone is evidence enough that you're backing down. Good decision.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:19 AM
  #34
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
No, you didn't. You said it took him three years to to crack a bad Leafs team.

1. The Leafs aren't a bad team.
2. He was drafted two and a half years ago, and it's already been explained to you why he didn't make the team out of camp. He was injured. As I said before, he was drafted two seasons ago, not three. He is exactly where he needs to be in his development.

Frattin was demoted, Armstrong is done for who knows how long, and Lombardi is injured as well. They're all third/fourth liners, and are unlikely to displace Kadri on a scoring line when they come back unless he drops the ball.

You can backtrack and try to weasel your words all you want, but the fact is you're wrong and don't know what you're talking about. The fact that your posts are changing in tone is evidence enough that you're backing down. Good decision.
This is his 3rd yr in trying to make the Leafs lineup.Thats right his 3rd yr.He's not a full fledge NHL player yet and he could still be sent back
The Leafs are playing better this season but they stunk the last two season,
He's played 12 games out of the 42 games the Leafs have plaved .Thats not what i call making the team.I don't want to hear excuses why he didn't make the team .FACT IS he didn't and now in his 3rd yr is still attempting to.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:47 AM
  #35
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
This is his 3rd yr in trying to make the Leafs lineup.Thats right his 3rd yr.He's not a full fledge NHL player yet and he could still be sent back
The Leafs are playing better this season but they stunk the last two season,
He's played 12 games out of the 42 games the Leafs have plaved .Thats not what i call making the team.I don't want to hear excuses why he didn't make the team .FACT IS he didn't and now in his 3rd yr is still attempting to.
You said it took him three years to make the team. It didn't. Being in your third year, and taking three years are two different things, and you're backpeddling by changing your story. That's like saying it took RNH a year to make the Oilers. Just so we're clear, you're suggesting it took RNH to do exactly that?

You also stated that he couldn't make a team that is currently bad, and the standings say otherwise. You used both these arguments to suggest he was a year behind schedule in his development. Since you've been called out, you're trying to backpedal by spindoctoring your original comment.

You know everyone can see what you actually wrote, right? Just admit you don't know anything about Kadri, or the Leafs, and move on.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
  #36
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
This is his 3rd yr in trying to make the Leafs lineup.Thats right his 3rd yr.He's not a full fledge NHL player yet and he could still be sent back
The Leafs are playing better this season but they stunk the last two season,
He's played 12 games out of the 42 games the Leafs have plaved .Thats not what i call making the team.I don't want to hear excuses why he didn't make the team .FACT IS he didn't and now in his 3rd yr is still attempting to.
Being injured is a pretty reasonable excuse as to why he didn't make the team. Keep reaching.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:09 PM
  #37
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,581
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has yet to play a full NHL season.

So for now I gotta go with Brett Lebda.
Nugent-Hopkins was never sent down to the AHL.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
  #38
TML4eva*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
This is his 3rd yr in trying to make the Leafs lineup.Thats right his 3rd yr.He's not a full fledge NHL player yet and he could still be sent back
The Leafs are playing better this season but they stunk the last two season,
He's played 12 games out of the 42 games the Leafs have plaved .Thats not what i call making the team.I don't want to hear excuses why he didn't make the team .FACT IS he didn't and now in his 3rd yr is still attempting to.
I guess you don't know what burke is like. This is a guy who send down both Geztlaf and perry to the minors. He take his time with propect to develope properly.

Oh and I think we should back a few season why kadri didn't make it in his first year mainly because he wasn't ready yet. Experts predicted that he should go back ohl and put more weight on. The 2nd year in preseason he was a disapointment because he lost so much speed by putting the weight he was asked. He played 8 games and was a disapointment so he was sent down to regain the speed and after 40 game were he put up near ppg, the management decided to call him up and he was clealy better than his 1st stint so they kept him playing till the end of the season. In his third year, he worked offseason to try to reduce his turnover. In his first pre-season game, he was a beast recording three point. Unfortunately, he was injured about three-four week after his first pre-season game. Clearly you haven't seen the depth of the leafs this season with player like bozak,army,rosehill,orr,lombardimboyce,crabb. A really tough time for management to decide. Frattin made a case for himself and so did gardiner and they both earn themselve a spot on the leafs lineup. After kadri was healed, he sent down to the ahl and put up again a ppg was the ahl player of the month. Clearly he should have been playing over dupuis but management thought he should stay there until he was ready. Kadri was really making a case for himself and finally getting called up were he scored in three straight game.

I'm sure you wouldn't know because you intend to learn what was really happening. I don't blame you though, the kadri hate here
is ridiculous.

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:36 PM
  #39
ephmrl
#tanknation
 
ephmrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Going with Eller.
Like his two way game and his offensive potential is not far off from Kadri's.
I think Kadri will be the better offensive player but Eller will have the better overall game. Both great players and you can't go wrong with either.

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.