HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi on Team 1260

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
  #76
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
You mean you think Lombardi only apologizes when he wants something? Because that is how this sounds.
Bitter critter on board

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
  #77
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Hehe, Oilers fans incoming...


Who won the Gretzky trade? The Visnovsky trade? The O'Sullivan trade?

You won the Penner trade based on what? That Teubert made the bottom pairing on one of the worst defenses in the league? Klebfom can't make the regular lineup over in Sweden and will at best be a 2nd pairing defensman. You still have a 3rd rounder tho
Smyth trade? He wanted home and is going MIA again after December and Fraser has been a fine 4th liner and the 6mio$ of cap space we got was usefull to aquire Gagne.
Technically we dealt with Carolina for O'Sullivan

__________________
The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
  #78
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He's overstepped his bounds, but let's not forget that the Oilers were made to even things out and to take responsibility for what actually happened. It is not like he made it up or it was just the Doughty situation set him off. There is no need to re-hash memories. Everyone takes hardships differently, but it is not like it came out of thin air. LA was forced to give up one of their best wingers for practically free and the Oilers didn't make it any easier.
this is the part where Lombardi and Tambo had thier falling out. I believe that Dean felt forced by Smyth. I also believe that Tambellini felt forced to make the deal when it leaked out that Smyth wanted to come home.

At the time, SMyth was an aging vet with a huge contract who was going to take ice time from the kids. I don't think Tambellini wanted him but the public outcry was immidiate and he was forced to do the deal.

That is why he try to screw over Dean by giving him less than nothing in return. Tambellini is not that shrewd or vindictive. This whole deal is out of charactor and this is the only explanation that makes sense to me

btw, it would not surprise me if Penner was part of any deal. He is not a Sutter kind of guy and there probably aren't a whole lot of options for Dean based on his poor year.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
  #79
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
But I sure as hell wouldn't pay another 1st
I too hope we not trade our 1st this year. If we do that then we have NO picks in the 1st three rounds. Maybe DL would move the 2013 1st?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
  #80
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningreb View Post
Hemsky and MPS for Thomas Hickey, Vyacheslav Voynov and a first?
Cut out Hemsky and his price and I would consider MPS for Hickey. Something about MPS screams Filatov to me though, but LA could definitely use a promising left wing in the system. As long as we can send him down to get more seasoning, it could work out.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
  #81
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Technically we dealt with Carolina for O'Sullivan
Was a 3-way-deal:

On March 5, 2009, Williams was traded by the Hurricanes to the Los Angeles Kings for Patrick O'Sullivan and Calgary's 2nd round draft pick. O'Sullivan was then dealt with Carolina's 2nd round draft pick to Edmonton for Erik Cole.


Btw: Tehnically Radek Bonk was a member of LA Kings too.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
  #82
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Hehe, Oilers fans incoming...


Who won the Gretzky trade? The Visnovsky trade? The O'Sullivan trade?

You won the Penner trade based on what? That Teubert made the bottom pairing on one of the worst defenses in the league? Klebfom can't make the regular lineup over in Sweden and will at best be a 2nd pairing defensman. You still have a 3rd rounder tho
Smyth trade? He wanted home and is going MIA again after December and Fraser has been a fine 4th liner and the 6mio$ of cap space we got was usefull to aquire Gagne.
Nice trolling.

We've won some trades, but Edmonton won the Penner deal and the Smyth deal, regardless of the circumstances. DL got bent over the table for Penner especially.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
  #83
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Nice trolling.

We've won some trades, but Edmonton won the Penner deal and the Smyth deal, regardless of the circumstances. DL got bent over the table for Penner especially.
It's easy to say that now. Penner was a goal scorer. I don't blame Dean for making that trade or even dealing Smyth.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
  #84
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Nice trolling.

We've won some trades, but Edmonton won the Penner deal and the Smyth deal, regardless of the circumstances. DL got bent over the table for Penner especially.

yeah because this team/organization lacks Teubert like prospects & long term projected 2nd pairing defensman (Hickey, Forbort, Deslauriers, Muzzin, Campbell...). Lol. What would have Teubert, Klefbom and that 3rd rounder provided that this team so lacks now anyways? Nothing.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
  #85
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Cut out Hemsky and his price and I would consider MPS for Hickey. Something about MPS screams Filatov to me though, but LA could definitely use a promising left wing in the system. As long as we can send him down to get more seasoning, it could work out.
I would love if we traded for MPS, though I don't see him as a DL type of player. I'm not sure about his defensive qualities. Is he a two-way player?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
  #86
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
I would love if we traded for MPS, though I don't see him as a DL type of player. I'm not sure about his defensive qualities. Is he a two-way player?
You'd have to ask Oiler fans. Back when he was drafted, I remember the reports saying that growing up he was atrocious at defense and had no willingness to backcheck, but at the time of his drafting they said that he was working hard at it and was a much more complete player than he had been in the past. I don't know if that is true or has changed for the last year and a half in Edmonton.

He has the skillset we are looking for, and youth. He just needs to work on a few things, needs more seasoning and development. I know little about his current struggles though. Don't know why he is sitting with a mere 3 points on the year on an offensively gifted Oilers team. Gotta check with their fans. But he would be someone I would make a lateral trade for while utilizing our defensive assets. Win-Win.

At this point, I don't care about DL players. We are a team filled with them. I think it is okay to start looking outside the comfort zone and find ourselves some skill players that maybe don't necessarily fit the mold. We are defensively gifted and have very solid goaltending. I am fine with having a forward that isn't the greatest defensively as long as he can produce offensively. He has the skill.






Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
  #87
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Wouldn't salary have to be sent back even if the Kings traded for Hemsky?
Not necessarily. Gagne to LTIR might do the trick.

Also, it depends on how close to the deadline the deal is done. I think the Kings were ~1mm under the cap to start the season. Effectively, they could pick up a ~$4mm player at the deadline because the cap is pro-rated. (note I haven't calculated all the roster moves with the AHL guys (the Russians), so that may have eaten into the cap buffer quite a bit.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
  #88
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You'd have to ask Oiler fans. Back when he was drafted, I remember the reports saying that growing up he was atrocious at defense and had no willingness to backcheck, but at the time of his drafting they said that he was working hard at it and was a much more complete player than he had been in the past. I don't know if that is true or has changed for the last year and a half in Edmonton.

He has the skillset we are looking for, and youth. He just needs to work on a few things, needs more seasoning and development. I know little about his current struggles though. Don't know why he is sitting with a mere 3 points on the year on an offensively gifted Oilers team. Gotta check with their fans. But he would be someone I would make a lateral trade for while utilizing our defensive assets. Win-Win.

At this point, I don't care about DL players. We are a team filled with them. I think it is okay to start looking outside the comfort zone and find ourselves some skill players that maybe don't necessarily fit the mold. We are defensively gifted and have very solid goaltending. I am fine with having a forward that isn't the greatest defensively as long as he can produce offensively. He has the skill.





MPS in my opinion is a little soft. In order for him to be successful he needs to use his speed and strength and drive to the net. More often than not instead he will drive along the boards and take a weak shot on net. Has the tools but so far hesitant to use them.

Now it could be that he just doesn't realize that if he drives to the net the only way he gets taken down is by the other team taking a penalty but the jury is still out in my mind.

Won't hurt you defensively, fairly responsible in his own end and not lazy on the back check.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
  #89
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You'd have to ask Oiler fans. Back when he was drafted, I remember the reports saying that growing up he was atrocious at defense and had no willingness to backcheck, but at the time of his drafting they said that he was working hard at it and was a much more complete player than he had been in the past. I don't know if that is true or has changed for the last year and a half in Edmonton.

He has the skillset we are looking for, and youth. He just needs to work on a few things, needs more seasoning and development. I know little about his current struggles though. Don't know why he is sitting with a mere 3 points on the year on an offensively gifted Oilers team. Gotta check with their fans. But he would be someone I would make a lateral trade for while utilizing our defensive assets. Win-Win.

At this point, I don't care about DL players. We are a team filled with them. I think it is okay to start looking outside the comfort zone and find ourselves some skill players that maybe don't necessarily fit the mold. We are defensively gifted and have very solid goaltending. I am fine with having a forward that isn't the greatest defensively as long as he can produce offensively. He has the skill.





You have it backwards. He is pretty solid defensively for a young player, and always picks up his guy while backchecking. But he has little offensive confidence and like HA101 said, is scared of being hit.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
  #90
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
You have it backwards. He is pretty solid defensively for a young player, and always picks up his guy while backchecking. But he has little offensive confidence and like HA101 said, is scared of being hit.
How ironic. Fascinating how these things turn out. Still sounds like a DL project to me

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
  #91
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,405
vCash: 50
It is easy to apologize when the player received in said trade has become a fixture in the lineup. That has a part to play as well.

If we were to acquire Hemsky or any other player, we need to remember that someone has to be sent down or dealt in said deal to create roster space.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
  #92
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,272
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It is easy to apologize when the player received in said trade has become a fixture in the lineup. That has a part to play as well.

If we were to acquire Hemsky or any other player, we need to remember that someone has to be sent down or dealt in said deal to create roster space.
Send down one of the plugs. Are any of them not waiver eligible? That would be the guy. Either way, I dont think a Lewis or Richardson would be claimed by anyone do you?

I would probably forget about Paajarvi. A rebuilding team isnt likely to give up a young prospect on an elc. Although with Lowebellini, anything is possible. Tambellini is very conservative. He wouldnt do something like that imo. Its Hemsky that is available I would have to think.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
  #93
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,405
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Send down one of the plugs. Are any of them not waiver eligible? That would be the guy. Either way, I dont think a Lewis or Richardson would be claimed by anyone do you?
None of them are waiver eligible. Richardson probably would be claimed on the basis of his performance in last year's playoffs. Lewis, I don't know. I don't really care for either of the two but the organization doesn't seem to feel the same way as me.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
  #94
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
They would both get claimed and we sure as hell aren't going to send Loktionov or Voynov back down. It doesn't matter, we aren't trading for rentals. We don't even know if we are going to make the playoffs. If we need a rental just to make the playoffs there is much more to be done and those assets would be better spent on long term solutions.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:03 PM
  #95
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Thanks.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:06 PM
  #96
Njoy Oilers
Registered User
 
Njoy Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Alberta.
Posts: 3,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Penner was signed another year and had no injury concerns. Lombardi is looking for a star, solid, and character winger. He is clearly looking for a home run. A rental Hemsky is not the answer.
As are a few other teams. Oilers being one f them. In our case its a D-man.

Carter would xeem like the logical choice though.

Cheers

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
  #97
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
No interest in Hemsky, not the scorer we need.

No interest in moving our #1 this year either.

Not sure what is out there but I don't expect much at all this deadline for LA.

Never thought Penner would play this bad, big move that has set the Kings back in their quest for becoming a top NHL team.

Shop Stoll + Bernier + Martinez around for potential offensive upgrades

Trade Penner for a pick at this point.

Recall Vey or Kozun.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:20 PM
  #98
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
I would love if we traded for MPS, though I don't see him as a DL type of player. I'm not sure about his defensive qualities. Is he a two-way player?
Until the Kings actually WIN a division championship and/or a playoff series or 2, or even more, I have no idea if being a "DL type of player" is a good thing or a bad thing - nor do I even know what it is or if it exists.

I'm sure all GMs have their own ideas of what their "type of player" is.

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM
  #99
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
No interest in Hemsky, not the scorer we need.

No interest in moving our #1 this year either.

Not sure what is out there but I don't expect much at all this deadline for LA.

Never thought Penner would play this bad, big move that has set the Kings back in their quest for becoming a top NHL team.

Shop Stoll + Bernier + Martinez around for potential offensive upgrades

Trade Penner for a pick at this point.

Recall Vey or Kozun.
^ This for the most part.

I would leave Vey where he is only due to the fact that he has proven throughout his playing career that he takes time to develop but once he figures things out he becomes a very very good player.

I can't see why we haven't given Kozy his call up. I thought he would have had a cup of tea with the team based on last years performance alone but no need to rush him. We should either call up King or decide that he is only ever going to be an AHL fixture for us which might be the case.

A Mart is said to believe that he has been trade bait for the better part of this season so he would be a logical choice that is coveted by a couple of teams, the Islanders and Rangers (Snow and Slats) GM's have both made comments about A Marts play over the past season and a half at one time or another as I remember.

He would be a solid piece to be moved as part of a package or as a very good young forward for a very good young pmd type of deal. Not world beaters but very good still the same.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:47 PM
  #100
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Was a 3-way-deal:

On March 5, 2009, Williams was traded by the Hurricanes to the Los Angeles Kings for Patrick O'Sullivan and Calgary's 2nd round draft pick. O'Sullivan was then dealt with Carolina's 2nd round draft pick to Edmonton for Erik Cole.


Btw: Tehnically Radek Bonk was a member of LA Kings too.
Then TECHNICALLY, it wasn't a three way trade. O'Sullivan was trade to Carolina, who turned around and swapped him and their own pick for Cole. No Oiler assets ended up in LA. It was two separate deals, using the same pieces.

As per the Gretzky sale...the big winner of that one was the arsehole who owned the Oilers at the time...he avoided bankruptcy.

I'm not upset about the Visnovsky trade either. We traded our expendable plugs for a legit #1 d-man who played well for us for a while, and got us another good d-man in trade. Even up I think, as our plugs turned into good role players for you.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.