HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's difficult being a Canuck fan on the internet isn't it?

Old
01-11-2012, 03:02 AM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningreb View Post
Life is a four way intersection and everyone who stands on a corner and sees a car accident will see it from different views and angles. Every single one of them will say that they saw it correctly and anyone who disagrees with them is wrong.

I have been lurking on this site for almost 3 years, the usually hockey site I was a poster shut down because the owners ran "other" stuff as well. We had a good community there and a few of us are considering starting it up as an invite only site where you can not even read the board unless you are a member.

My statement is a blanket statement about all 30 fan bases on this site. One reason i was hesitant to register here and start posting is, that on any given day, all 30 fan bases are whinning little children that feel as though the entire internet is against them.

Ask any leaf fan how it is when they post something good about their team, 29 fans bases attack. When Oiler fans defend the fact they are not tanking but losing because 5 of their top 8 players are injured--they are attacked. Ask any fan of the southern expansion teams when they suggest that hockey is working down xouth, Canadians on mass attack.

I look at the statement "It is tough being a canuck fan on the internet" and think of the four corners of an intersection and think that the car crash the canuck fan saw is seen from a different perspective then the four other eye witnesses to the crash.

Seems to me ALL fan bases scream the cry of innocents and NOT ONE fan base will take the blame when the mods on this site spend hours cleaning up discussion that turned into the third world war. "IT wasn't us, it was the other guys who started it". Is said nearly everytime a clean up occurs.

My only comment is this (and then feal free to attack me) the vancouver fans are just as bad as other fans when it comes to picking fights and are just as quick to say "we did nothing". There are some very good posters on this board and there are some posters on this board who view it as their job to troll other fans into fights. This can be said about all boards on this site. There are good posters and their are bad poster and it is tough to a fan of any team on this site.

When a team is winning they are ridicules and when a team is losing they are laughed at.

With that I have not other comment because experience has tought me never argue with the blind when they say they can see.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:17 AM
cjcanucks

Quote:
Life is a four way intersection and everyone who stands on a corner and sees a car accident will see it from different views and angles. Every single one of them will say that they saw it correctly and anyone who disagrees with them is wrong.

I have been lurking on this site for almost 3 years, the usually hockey site I was a poster shut down because the owners ran "other" stuff as well. We had a good community there and a few of us are considering starting it up as an invite only site where you can not even read the board unless you are a member.

My statement is a blanket statement about all 30 fan bases on this site. One reason i was hesitant to register here and start posting is, that on any given day, all 30 fan bases are whinning little children that feel as though the entire internet is against them.

Ask any leaf fan how it is when they post something good about their team, 29 fans bases attack. When Oiler fans defend the fact they are not tanking but losing because 5 of their top 8 players are injured--they are attacked. Ask any fan of the southern expansion teams when they suggest that hockey is working down xouth, Canadians on mass attack.

I look at the statement "It is tough being a canuck fan on the internet" and think of the four corners of an intersection and think that the car crash the canuck fan saw is seen from a different perspective then the four other eye witnesses to the crash.

Seems to me ALL fan bases scream the cry of innocents and NOT ONE fan base will take the blame when the mods on this site spend hours cleaning up discussion that turned into the third world war. "IT wasn't us, it was the other guys who started it". Is said nearly everytime a clean up occurs.

My only comment is this (and then feal free to attack me) the vancouver fans are just as bad as other fans when it comes to picking fights and are just as quick to say "we did nothing". There are some very good posters on this board and there are some posters on this board who view it as their job to troll other fans into fights. This can be said about all boards on this site. There are good posters and their are bad poster and it is tough to a fan of any team on this site.

When a team is winning they are ridicules and when a team is losing they are laughed at.

With that I have not other comment because experience has tought me never argue with the blind when they say they can see.
I might have been part of the community that was shut down. Did it end this past summer (run by Chris)? I wasn't a hugely active poster but logged in to find the "goodbye" message. If this sounds like the board that you were on I'd love to be part of it again. If so, please message me.

cjcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:04 AM
AmazingNuck

I love the Canucks hence I will accept them as they are. If that means I have to put up with diving comments, insults of no cup and riot jokes then so be it. Such is the life of a Canucks fan.

But really, if I wasn't a Canucks fan I would despise them.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Hopeless Unbeliever

Try being a Scotland based Canucks fan where 99.9% of people do not care about hockey at all, so the only thing close to reasonable discussion you get is on the internet. Nevertheless, despite all the Canucks hatred on these boards, it's still better than CDC.

Hopeless Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Number8

Quote:

This is an excellent post! And I'm just as guilty as others in terms of some of the points made.

In a perfect world this would be required reading on the main board and each team board -- not sure if that would happen, but it would be good.

That said, I'm going to use it as a reminder to try and tone down my blind defense of my team. I'm also going to try and not take the bait as much as I do.

And to the point another person made about anonymity and the problems associated with same -- I agree with that too.

Jay Spence
Boston Bruins Fan

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:13 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcanucks View Post
I might have been part of the community that was shut down. Did it end this past summer (run by Chris)? I wasn't a hugely active poster but logged in to find the "goodbye" message. If this sounds like the board that you were on I'd love to be part of it again. If so, please message me.
nope ran out of Seattle and was seized by the US government for piracy law violations last month(that and the fact he also hosted "adult educational" websites as well)--so you can not even log on to the site when you go to the site all you see is "seized by" notification

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Guardian452

I look at it as anyone who wants to trash another poster for being a fan of <insert whatever other team that I don't like> or another team is a loser and is beneath me. All the, "when was the last time your team won" smack talk is no more than the "my dad is bigger than your dad" talk that 6-years old engage in during recess at the school yard. While seeing the Canucks and all my other favourite sports teams win makes me happy for a day, in the grand scheme of things, the outcome of a game neither makes me worse off or better off.

Guardian452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

It would be eazy If we just won one single ****ing cup

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Abaddon*

Doesn't anyone else think winning the Cup is overrated? It's just like an endurance contest. Sometimes I think this team should just play 5 Kenyans 60 minutes a game for the regular season in front of Luongo then play the real players for the playoffs. Just let them do laps.

Abaddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Johnny LaRue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammer View Post
If you are saintly enough to manage it, try to model good behavior. Otherwise, just keep your expectations nice and low. By definition, half of the people you meet are below average!
Your reasoning seems accurate only assuming that no two people are equal. In most cases there is a bell curve when assessing things like intelligence and knowledge.

In terms of intelligence, most people are just north of 100 IQ. There is a big clump of people between 100 and 110. That accounts for the majority of the population. Those above and below account for a much smaller portion of the population.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniversary View Post
Doesn't anyone else think winning the Cup is overrated? It's just like an endurance contest. Sometimes I think this team should just play 5 Kenyans 60 minutes a game for the regular season in front of Luongo then play the real players for the playoffs. Just let them do laps.
Think long and hard about that statement. after thinking about it I have a few questions. Why do players play the game? why do fans worship the game? Why is rating triple in the playoffs? It is all about winning and until you hoist the cup it means nothing--once a team wins the thing once, the monkey is off their back and it if gone.

Old
01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless Unbeliever View Post
Try being a Scotland based Canucks fan where 99.9% of people do not care about hockey at all, so the only thing close to reasonable discussion you get is on the internet. Nevertheless, despite all the Canucks hatred on these boards, it's still better than CDC.
I had to check three times to make sure I hadn't written this. Yeah, it's annoying having nobody to talk to especially if you're a hardcore fan of a west coast team.

Although pretty much every one I know had heard about the riot. Not exactly something I'd like them to associate with Vancouver or hockey in general, but never mind.

EDIT: I'm also terrified of accidentally saying "He just went into beast mode!" over here. Means something VERY different.

Last edited by jimmythescot: 01-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.
jimmythescot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

I have swagger and I don't care.

There's always the option of being internet tuff guy.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:41 PM
cotillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
I have swagger and I don't care.

There's always the option of being internet tuff guy.
I just laugh at people claiming the nucks suck. They just hate the fact the nucks have been blowing **** up for the last 2-3 years.

Yes we haven't won a cup (as the canucks, go millionaires!) but that makes it so much sweeter with anticipation

cotillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:45 PM
ddawg1950

It was tougher being a Canuck fan before the Internet because we didn't win very much. Like Hitchcock just said, if they want to stop the hatred they should start losing.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
billvanseattle

Quote:

edit - and having been a major fan for the first 20 years you can't believe people expectations today. We ***** about our 8th D man and our 4th line back up wingers.

People like you should be banned from this board. You are clearly way to intelligent and reasonable for this site.

In terms of intelligence, most people are just north of 100 IQ. There is a big clump of people between 100 and 110. That accounts for the majority of the population. Those above and below account for a much smaller portion of the population.

For those of us up in the mid 200's it a major challenge

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
People like you should be banned from this board. You are clearly way to intelligent and reasonable for this site.

For those of us up in the mid 200's it a major challenge
nice edits in the original statement

Old
01-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Stefan It Up

baleeted

Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote