HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#44 Kings vs Stars 1/12/12, Post Game S/O Loss, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2012, 01:41 AM
  #51
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
The Stars are cheap players.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:41 AM
  #52
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
LaRue, one of the refs tonight, was one of the two refs for the worst refereed game I ever saw the Kings involved in.

That was back when Jason Allison was the #1 center about 10 years ago, and the Kings were called for like 10 minor penalties vs 1 or 2 for the Avs and lost the game because of it.

Those of you who remember it, can recall Kings fans throwing things on the ice after the game against the refs Hasenfratz & LaRue.

I see LaRue isn't much better now than he was back then.

Ya know what...I heard via twitter that LaRue said he was going to fix the game tonight, "Just like he did back in 2003"

It's truth, you can ask Bob Mackenzie.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM
  #53
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,714
vCash: 500
Awards:
Morrow will get in no trouble, nor should he.

The reason we lost was because Richards stepped up for his teammate. And I am COOL WITH THAT. That's just what it is. I'm cool with losing because we have a guy who will step in for his teammate when he sees his guy down. That's what it's all about. That's why I don't understand why Richards was getting grief earlier in the broadcast. You know that if some **** goes down and Mike Richards is on the ice, he'll step in to fight anyone and step up for his teammates.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM
  #54
Leo W
Registered User
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Just sayin that he better be aware, he'll be the marked man next time these two meet. That's all.
If only we still had Simmonds. Damn I miss that chocolately *******, but Richie was worth it.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM
  #55
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Souray just about pulled a Bertuzzi on Doughty. That should be looked at by the league.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM
  #56
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
I don't remember the last time I've been this angry

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM
  #57
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
lol suuuuuure.


Again cause that is how it works.


Refs did fine. Jesus, can we ever just say we lost? Someone around these parts always has to roll out the blame game on officiating. It's pathetic.

That was a crazy physical game and for the most part...pretty evenly called. Pretty fairly called.
Believe what you want, but not everything you say is holy scripture. I hardly ever blame the officiating, but that was bad, all around. The refs didn't do fine. Yes we lost. The refs didn't help the situation but we didn't lose because of them.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:43 AM
  #58
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Morrow will get in no trouble, nor should he.

The reason we lost was because Richards stepped up for his teammate. And I am COOL WITH THAT. That's just what it is. I'm cool with losing because we have a guy who will step in for his teammate when he sees his guy down. That's what it's all about.
This.

Sucks to lose, but what were they gonna do? Nothing? **** that.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:43 AM
  #59
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Kopitar hit


Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
  #60
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Am I the only one thinking that Doughty played pretty terrible tonight?
"Terrible" is too strong. Despite his mistakes, I liked seeing Doughty's edge. I would rather have Doughty playing with some passion like he did tonight.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
  #61
Omni Owl
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,232
vCash: 500
Kopitar got destroyed. Bust out the benzo's boys!

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
  #62
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
I don't like complaining about refs, but in my opinion that was terrible officiating. It's interesting how different our opinions are. As I said, usually when I see Kings fans complaining about refs, I disagree, or at least I think it's overreacting. But this time I have had the feeling Kings were screwed.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
  #63
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
This game was like bizarre-o world. When's the last time you saw the Kings give up 3 goals on odd man rushes? Then you counter that with multiple PP goals. Who are these guys?

The bright spot was obviously the PP. It took Bernie Nichols 2 days to totally revamp a PP that Kompon couldn't figure out in 2 years. Excited to see what kind of damage DD and JJ can do with this new puck moving PP the rest of the year.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
  #64
Leo W
Registered User
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Souray just about pulled a Bertuzzi on Doughty. That should be looked at by the league.
Come on man, are you serious?

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
  #65
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Morrow will get in no trouble, nor should he.

The reason we lost was because Richards stepped up for his teammate. And I am COOL WITH THAT. That's just what it is. I'm cool with losing because we have a guy who will step in for his teammate when he sees his guy down. That's what it's all about. That's why I don't understand why Richards was getting grief earlier in the broadcast. You know that if some **** goes down and Mike Richards is on the ice, he'll step in to fight anyone and step up for his teammates.
He won't get in trouble and I don't think he should but technically he could've been called for boarding.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:45 AM
  #66
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
But wow, Lewis SH goal. Awesome.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:45 AM
  #67
Alternate Jersey
Registered User
 
Alternate Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
"Terrible" is too strong. Despite his mistakes, I liked seeing Doughty's edge. I would rather have Doughty playing with some passion like he did tonight.
missed the first period, but worth mentioning is the deke he put on right before the huge brawl happened. he even got a pretty good shot off.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:46 AM
  #68
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,535
vCash: 500
Where was Tebow when we needed him?

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:46 AM
  #69
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Come on man, are you serious?
Fox said so himself, it should be looked at by the league. Doughty wasn't facing Souray, it was a strong punch that luckily missed Doughty's melon. That would suck to lose two of our best players in one game. Just thinking about those two plays gets me pissed off, hope Sutter suits up Wesgarth in the next Stars game.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:47 AM
  #70
ShattStar03
Registered User
 
ShattStar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Good game by the guys, I don't think the Kings were outplayed (except in the first period and the beginning of the second).

It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances that hit the Kings with Kopi going down causing the 4 min penalty. Bad luck for the Kings and a gift to the Stars.

No problem with Morrow but Souray is a dirty piece of ****

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:47 AM
  #71
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Points in 5 of 6 on the home stand.

I'll take that.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:47 AM
  #72
cheap77
Go Kings!
 
cheap77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Ref had nothing to do with that loss? Change the title, embarrassing.
You either didn't watch the game or your live in Dallas. That was a ****ing terrible game. I hope Dallas enjoys the point that was gifted to them. I mean ffs. Everyone that had anything to do with officiating in that game needs to be fired right away.

And also. Those Dallas ****s would be doing and saying the same stuff if that happened to them. So honestly... You can take those "That's just whiny LA" comments **** off.

cheap77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:48 AM
  #73
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS
 
BehindEnemyLines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: OC, CA
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Come on man, are you serious?
Did you see it? He jumped on his back and start punching...

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:48 AM
  #74
ShattStar03
Registered User
 
ShattStar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Where was Tebow when we needed him?
Good question, JJ didn't do the Tebow.. Coincidence?

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:48 AM
  #75
Leo W
Registered User
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Fox said so himself, it should be looked at by the league. Doughty wasn't facing Souray, it was a strong punch that luckily missed Doughty's melon. That would suck to lose two of our best players in one game. Just thinking about those two plays gets me pissed off, hope Sutter suits up Wesgarth in the next Stars game.
Sure, it was questionable but Bertuzzi? Too extreme of an example.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.