HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Boone says/Subban says/Pacioretty says

Old
01-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Mike Boone says/Subban says/Pacioretty says

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/about-last-night-50

Quote:
I wouldn’t be astonished were the team to trade Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn – even P.K. Subban, another player who is not universally adored by his teammates.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
If we trade Subban riots imo

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:00 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
If trading Subban+ get us Getzlaf then I am for it.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:02 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Where do I sign?

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:03 AM
TheBuriedHab

I love reading boone but when the hell did he get sources? Just random thoughts from him imo.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I love reading boone but when the hell did he get sources? Just random thoughts from him imo.
That quote was entirely his opinion, he doesn't even pretend it's a rumor of some sort.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Plekanec and Subban for Getzlaf and ?

I love PK but if we'd get a C like Getz I'd be all over that.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Kriss E

Makes no sense at all.
I believe Bourque might be viewed as a replacement for AK, not necessarily Cammy.
If he does well, then AK could become more expendable and PG might be looking at the free agency to replace Cammy.
Plekanec makes sense only if we get a better center in return, which would likely mean he'd be packaged.

As for PK, completely idiotic to move him.
Price wasn't really well liked by some of his teammates too at some point. PK will settle down. I think the media likes to hate on PK a lot more than his teammates actually do.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
Plekanec and Subban for Getzlaf and ?

I love PK but if we'd get a C like Getz I'd be all over that.
Plek and PK would have to fetch us a huge, huge return, in order to be moved.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Optimus Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Plek and PK would have to fetch us a huge, huge return, in order to be moved.
And Getzlaf is not a huge, huge return ? Getzlaf is exactly what we need as the true #1C this team is lacking since more than a decade.

Optimus Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:18 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That quote was entirely his opinion, he doesn't even pretend it's a rumor of some sort.
oh ok, I just thought it was big news because of the thread.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:22 AM
NewHabsEra*

Subban is going nowhere, if he is hated from some of his teammates thats because he takes too much space for a so young guy but they will have to learn to deal with cause when this kid gets his confidence back, he will be one of the best defensemen in the league, just a matter of time surrounding him better..

I really doubt Plekanec gets traded unless the return is huge.. This season reminds me the one he played with Kovy when the guy was quite off, this year he played mostly with Cammalleri and just like it was the case with Kovalev, the chimestry isnt there.. We all know how much Pleks can bring to the table, give him some decent hard work wingers and he will get back on the right track..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
oh ok, I just thought it was big news because of the thread.
Well I think the point is that the club is open to almost anything right now, but I don't think it's as dramatic as some people are hoping. Realistically nobody is off limits because we don't have any superstars except maybe Price and that's the nature of the game, but Boone isn't trying to break a total liquidation of the team here.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:36 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

I don't think Subban is going anywhere. Yes, he's having a horrible year but he's far from the only one. I think it would be a mistake to trade him. Dealing Plekanec would also be incredibly stupid imo.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
well Subban and Pacioretty basically are callin out Gauthier...so watch for a trade ,because we won't be getting Tougher!Wiz said the same thing(good team but need more toughness) last year and wasn't resigned....Not an offer.

This is what really irks me , YOU KNOW the players want a tougher team,one that can bash and stand up, but the GM lets them keep takin the beats time and time again ....Gauthier said he got Kaberle to fix the PP ,cause players we're skating to bench with heads down...What about getting beat and bashed around? does he take enjoyment watching that??

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...s-arent-dirty/

Quote:
Max Pacioretty, who had his season ended last year by a shove from Zdeno Chara, said when asked if he finds the B’s to be dirty. “To some extent, I wish we played a little more like them. Maybe not as much as they do, but they’re definitely an intimidating team to play against.

Quote:
Said Subban of the B’s: “They’re in your face, you know what I mean? They’ve had a lot of success over the year. They’re Stanley Cup champions, and they’re playing some good hockey this year. Whatever they’re doing, they’re doing something right. Whenever you play them, you know they’re going to be in your face, they’re going to finish their checks and they’re going to work hard.

“They’ve got some tough guys on that team. Some real tough guys. They play the game hard. Our team, we’re not built to kind of brawl it out every night. We’re going to stick up for each other as a unit as a group.”

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old
01-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Subban for Marchand.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well Subban and Pacioretty basically are callin out Gauthier...so watch for a trade ,because we won't be getting Tougher!Wiz said the same thing(good team but need more toughness) last year and wasn't resigned....

This is what really irks me , YOU KNOW the players want a tougher team, but the GM lets them keep takin the beats time and time again ....Gauthier said h got Kaberle to kix the PP cause player we skating to behcn with heads down...What about getting beat around? does he take enjoyment in that??

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...s-arent-dirty/
Finally some people see the light. HOW MANY YEARS HAVE I BEEN ASKING FOR THIS! No, I'm not a Bruins fans, but I'm a fan of their style. And the Habs were just going the total opposite way. We,ve got to back to the roots. You need the greatest of mix between talent and toughness. Boston has it. We still don't by a mile.

So now that players are asking for it, can we take it now seriously?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Finally some people see the light. HOW MANY YEARS HAVE I BEEN ASKING FOR THIS! No, I'm not a Bruins fans, but I'm a fan of their style. And the Habs were just going the total opposite way. We,ve got to back to the roots. You need the greatest of mix between talent and toughness. Boston has it. We still don't by a mile.

No he will trade away the one's making the request...

I mean if the Habs built a team and sheltered Gomez Cammy Gio with tough team, we wouldn't all be hearing tank talk....or Cammy for Bourque

Gauthier is a fail...

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old
01-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:

When are we gonna have a real 4th line? Blunden, Darche, Nokelainen.. WTF is that? We also need toughness in the top 9 and the D.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
When are we gonna have a real 4th line? Blunden, Darche, Nokelainen.. WTF is that? We also need toughness in the top 9 and the D.
Ahl .....KHL....ECHL....

Old
01-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well Subban and Pacioretty basically are callin out Gauthier...so watch for a trade ,because we won't be getting Tougher!Wiz said the same thing(good team but need more toughness) last year and wasn't resigned....Not an offer.
Pleks also complained about toughness last year. If I recall correctly, it was fairly early too. Even mentioned that he personally had asked PG to get bigger and grittier players. He wanted one to play with on his line. Pleks was still re-signed. And now, he's probably going to have his big gritty player who stands in front of the net, unless they somehow decide not to put Bourque with him.

We didn't re-sign Wiz, most probably because PG didn't want to offer him as much he's being paid right now.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:03 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Subban for Marchand.
If Marchad joined the Canadiens I'd...

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Pleks also complained about toughness last year. If I recall correctly, it was fairly early too. Even mentioned that he personally had asked PG to get bigger and grittier players. He wanted one to play with on his line. Pleks was still re-signed. And now, he's probably going to have his big gritty player who stands in front of the net, unless they somehow decide not to put Bourque with him.

We didn't re-sign Wiz, most probably because PG didn't want to offer him as much he's being paid right now.
Wiz said there was never even an offer.....

You know, he might have took Habs money ..you just never know .

But if you never even make a call to him, then i guess writing is on the wall.

At any rate Wiz said Habs needed to get tougher....

Can you imagine what is said ,behind close doors by Habs players on this issue?

Bet there opinion of PG is real high ..

Now he get's it into his head size does matter...but it isn't the size that makes people play different against Boston ...

Just back a few year before Boston won the Cup ,Montreal used to be able to go toe to toe and bang with them..dominate them

They got tougher,won the Cup...Habs went and got wimpy and here we are.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old
01-13-2012, 06:07 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
If Marchad joined the Canadiens I'd...
Kabby for Marchand. I'd love it.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

My fave is those who bemoan not re-signing Wiz but would be flipping right now and saying Gauthier ruined this team with another bad contract if we kept him. Same goes for Streit back in the day with Gainey. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. The point should not be "Why didn't we keep Wiz?" it should be "Why is our team so incapable of scoring on the PP that losing Wiz should drop us to 30th?"

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote