HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#44 Kings vs Stars 1/12/12, Post Game S/O Loss, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-13-2012, 02:15 AM
jml87

vCash: 500
Mike usually takes the helmet off. My guess is he kept it on cause he was scared of getting hit too hard in the head and ending up with another concussion, but he still wanted to stand up for his teammate.

Last edited by jml87: 01-13-2012 at 02:28 AM.
jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post
Name one call that the Kings were totally hosed on. The Doughty trip? TBH, I think he dove to embellish it. The misconduct on Richards? That was an automatic call for instigating + visor rule. The Misconduct at the end of the game again involving Doughty? He lowered his shoulders into Lehtonen! What the officials did miss is Souray going ape s***t during that scrum!
Well first Tom Wandell catching the puck and then deciding where he to throw the puck was a missed call, and it was an embarrassing missed call at that, and LaRue missed that.

Doughty sure as hell dove, but call the slash. You get chopped right above the knee cap and you tell me that's not going to hurt. Call them both and make the right call.

Plus LaRue didn't give the misconduct for Doughty's charge it was obviously for something Drew said. At that point all he's doing is screwing the Kings as that makes Doughty ineligible for the shootout. Which he already made Richards when he give him an instigator penalty.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

Doughty dove. If he spent less time looking at the ref for a call and more time getting back up maybe Dallas doesn't score the 3rd goal. Sutter needs to pull him aside and turn him into a man.

The overtime play was a different story. Souray pushed Doughty into the goalie, which was ridiculous. Then what Souray did afterwards, also ridiculous, as was the fact that Benn didn't get a penalty for all the punches he threw. I'm not mad that the Kings didn't get more powerplays, they had plenty of opportunities. I'm just irritated that there weren't more consequences for Dallas for that ******** at the end. Honestly I was hoping that Johnson was going to run Lehtonen into the crossbar at the end of OT after that ********, turn to Dallas and say "that's what you get for having a ***** that throws punches at a guy who's already pinned down by someone else."

Finally, Morrow's hit was clean, Kopitar just was spinning and unfortunately landed awkwardly on his head. It will be an absolute miracle if he doesn't have a concussion.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:18 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
MRichie:
He doesnt seem too happy about the call either.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't think Loki is gonna succeed much in LA? Sure, he's been playing okay, but he really hasn't impressed me at all. He's not fit for this system. Kid needs to get stronger. Until then, he won't do jack **** on this team.
Loktionov has been playing really well since he got back into the lineup. The points haven't been there, but you cannot say he's done jack **** on this team. In fact, that 3rd line has played very well, and the points will come.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Scottkmlps

Why do I even bother reading this guys crap? Amusement maybe?

"DennisTFP Dennis Bernstein
@
@puremetal33 Kings won't finish within 10 pts of SJ. Book it. Math doesn't work."

"DennisTFP Dennis Bernstein
"@KingMofo86: @DennisTFP SJ is 3 pts up with 4 games in hand, but we do play them 3 more times. Still possible." Realistic 6 seed highest"

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:23 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Loktionov has been playing really well since he got back into the lineup. The points haven't been there, but you cannot say he's done jack **** on this team. In fact, that 3rd line has played very well, and the points will come.
I just think he's over-hyped. He definitely could shine with more skilled linemates, but he's just too easy to knock off the puck. Idk, something about him just doesn't give me much hope. Prove me wrong Loki!

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:23 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Doughty dove. If he spent less time looking at the ref for a call and more time getting back up maybe Dallas doesn't score the 3rd goal. Sutter needs to pull him aside and turn him into a man.

The overtime play was a different story. Souray pushed Doughty into the goalie, which was ridiculous. Then what Souray did afterwards, also ridiculous, as was the fact that Benn didn't get a penalty for all the punches he threw. I'm not mad that the Kings didn't get more powerplays, they had plenty of opportunities. I'm just irritated that there weren't more consequences for Dallas for that ******** at the end. Honestly I was hoping that Johnson was going to run Lehtonen into the crossbar at the end of OT after that ********, turn to Dallas and say "that's what you get for having a ***** that throws punches at a guy who's already pinned down by someone else."

Finally, Morrow's hit was clean, Kopitar just was spinning and unfortunately landed awkwardly on his head. It will be an absolute miracle if he doesn't have a concussion.
I'm starting to wonder if Doughty is starting to get a bad rep by the official when it comes to calls. I've seen that "non call" called a trip before, but with Doughty always complaining, plus a few embellishments calls, he's just not getting the calls others might.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Master Yoda
Master Deano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Doughty is starting to get a bad rep by the official when it comes to calls. I've seen that "non call" called a trip before, but with Doughty always complaining, plus a few embellishments calls, he's just not getting the calls others might.
Whether he embellished or not, it's still a trip or slash plus unsportsmanlike. The whistle should have blown leading to a PP or a 4on4, not a 3on1 rush going the other way.

Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:36 AM
bobafettish*

Souray better be a marked man next time they play.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:40 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Without doughty's penalty, the ref doesn't blow the play down and the kings score. He blew the whistle because of doughty's penalty and Fraser touched the puck.
He blew the whistle because Lehtonen had his glove covering up the puck.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:41 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
At the end their Benn blocked a shot, it hit his hand. Might be Karma cause it looked like he was injured. He was not in the shootout.
I think he would have been the third shooter.

Old
01-13-2012, 02:43 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

I didn't understand the charging call. Souray rode Doughty into his goalie. Horrible call.

Old
01-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
No need to wonder, that's exactly what's happening. And tonight it cost us a goal.

Just got back, me and son went to dinner afterwards. I must admit I was very angry at the game, as were many fans there. But in the last couple of hours, I am thinking I can give the refs a bit of a break tonight...everyone makes mistakes, and there were a couple of real glaring ones, obviously.

I will say that Nick and Daryl on the post game show had it right...the ref has to be better in explaining things to the fans. He should have explained why Richards got the extra two minutes and he should have explained what he was pointing at on that last scrum in overtime when the puck got into the net late. I figured that he blew the play down because the puck had been frozen long enough, but he never did get around to confirming that.

Our shootout this year is as anemic as last year's was dynamic. I remember thinking as I was leaving the game "Thank God no shootouts in the playoffs!" Then a sobering thought came to me...whether we will be there or not.

I keep waiting for Dallas to fade, but so far, they really haven't. My earlier prediction for Minnesota fading is obviously coming true...they are pretty much in free fall. But St. Louis looks like the real deal.

And as long as there will be 3-point games, any crawl by the Kings into a playoff spot is going to be a long one. Almost every conference game tonight was a 3-pointer.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
Souray better be a marked man next time they play.
A lot of fans are saying that the Kings will be looking for the Stars the next time around, and I understand the emotions and all, but it rarely happens that way.

Besides, the players are professional, and they realize if they don't play with the necessary discipline, then there will be hell to pay. I expect the next Dallas game to be intense, but the Kings aren't going to go out there and take a run at Ott, Benn, and Souray. If they do, they will probably deserve to lose.

They just have to keep their eye on the prize.

Old
01-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

And I agree, thread titles like the one for this thread makes up look like major crybabies.

We should be above the Vancouvers and the Montreals. We should exhibit what has always been a Kings class.

Old
01-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Randart

In the End, They got it Comin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
A lot of fans are saying that the Kings will be looking for the Stars the next time around, and I understand the emotions and all, but it rarely happens that way.

Besides, the players are professional, and they realize if they don't play with the necessary discipline, then there will be hell to pay. I expect the next Dallas game to be intense, but the Kings aren't going to go out there and take a run at Ott, Benn, and Souray. If they do, they will probably deserve to lose.

They just have to keep their eye on the prize.
Ahhm, You forgot Morrow! and win lose or draw they got it coming imho...
Just not sure our team is made up that way, if we still had McSorley and Wells etc...
Then maybe retribution would be distributed as it should be but with this group?

I seriously doubt it, though I would love to see Brownie put Ott or Morrow into the box again.
Would absolutely love to see JMFJ get some of that ol' college Brash & Bash Going!
But they got him concentrating on PP time and being on the ice not in the box after knocking people out.

Final thought is doubt there is much love lost between these two teams atm...

Last edited by Randart: 01-13-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:14 AM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

A tough loss. I hope Kopi is ok. I completely agree with what Richards did, it's just unfortunate that it had to end the way it did. I'm starting to get tired of Doughty embellishing to get calls...just stay on your feet or get up and stop looking at the ref. It's good to see Kopi and JJ putting up points. I'm also glad our PP had success tonight and that we've now scored 9 goals in the last two games. These are huge positives for us and will definitely lead to more wins.

It's funny after this whole fiasco of a game, and how disappointingly it ended for us, at the end of the night we move up to 7th and Dallas stays in 9th. At least that's something.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Can anyone put up a vid on doughtys charge call, I missed the game

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:58 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I am so angry, i was standing right there as Benn was hitting williams or whoever was getting rocked in the net, AND the ref was just STANDING there and not stopping it, i was so angry, why didnt the ref break it up, he watch williams get hammered.That was a good goal, anyone who says the refs didnt gift wrap the game to the stars just didnt see it well, man i wanted to get on the ice and smash benn. Refs you guys really suck. Double minor on richards, Bs.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:01 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

but that was hell of game. I had a blast by the ice, surrounded by awesome fans, great atmosphere. Hope to verse the stars in the playoffs if we make it. Kind of wanted brown to stand up for Kopi instead of Rick .

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:30 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

It's weird. I don't feel too bad about this game. Kings played with a lot of fire, but unfortunately they didn't come out on top.

I hope Kopitar is not out long term, but don't expect him back for Calgary at least.

If he is out long term again, Kings are gonna have to make a move now down 2 starting forwards.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:08 AM
sueroe

very unfortunate incident for Kopitar. I really hope he is not concussed or out for a lengthy period of time. Good hit by Morrow, but loved how Mike Richards just reacted on behalf of his teammate. Glad the team was able to make a come back and come out the craziness with a point.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:29 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Likely lost in the rest of the uproar is the fact that Minnesota lost in regulation last night. With that, the Kings and Wild both are on pace for 93 points and a tie for 8th place. At the moment, the Kings would win that tie with 18 non-SO wins to Minnesota's 17. To nail it down, the Kings need 44 points in the remaining 38 games, a record of 22-16, and a percentage of .579 (current percentage is .568)

To win the Pacific (and currently that would mean winning the West as well), the Kings need 110 points, or 60 more than they currently have - a record of 30-8, a percentage of .789.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings getting a point after being down 2-0 after 1 and 3-2 after 2? I'll take it. The Kings will win most games scoring more than 3 regulation goals.

The ability to come back in games is huge for playoff success. Who knows, maybe the Kings win in OT if this was a playoff game.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote