HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Stats of Swedish Players in the NHL 2011-2012

Old
11-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Hockeyfrilla

vCash: 500
David Ullström had a assist - his first NHL point.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Klingberg recalled by Jets.

Old
12-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Hockeyfrilla

hattrick by D.Sedin, and Ullström with his first goal.

Old
12-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Pääjärvi reassigned to Oklahoma.

Old
12-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Pääjärvi reassigned to Oklahoma.
About a year to late lol, he's still playing hockey that's for big ice, will be interesting to see if he changes his game.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:23 AM
WayneBruce

Good for Paajarvi, should have happened a lot earlier.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Hockeyfrilla

thoughts on Rundblad being traded? (again)

Old
12-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Looks like a weird trade especially with the 2nd thrown in for.. Turris?

Though I guess Ottawa had doubts about his NHL potential.. I've had doubts for some time too..
Not a good sign to already have been traded twice. maybe he's not mentally really in it? He seems like such a relaxed guy on the ice and in interviews, but that's just amateur psychology.

Hell of an entertaining player when he's on his game though. But maybe he will pan out as more of a Euro star like a Mange Johansson rather than a Karlsson.

Last edited by Pentothal: 12-17-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:22 PM
WayneBruce

Weird trade in many ways. Why would the coyotes need another defenceman? Why would the sens give up Rundblad + a second rounder for Turris? And why did the Senators not give Rundblad some time in the AHL to begin with?

The sens knew all along that Rundblad played a risky style and that he would probably need some adjustment. He definitely struggled in these 24 games but that was almost expected, they must really have seen red flags in his game.

Old
12-20-2011, 08:11 AM
SurMartin

Rundblad's going to Phoenix where he can't wear number 7. Obviously I hate it.
Nah, but I think it's good that he got traded from Ottawa, just wish the team on the receiving end was different as he might end up in the same situation again.

Still find it strange that Ottawa didn't send him to AHL, I think the general consensus was that he'd need at least half a season there to adjust and from what I've read in interviews that's what he had expected. Traded twice can't be good for his confidence... and a Rundblad playing without confidence is not a good hockeyplayer.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Weird trade in many ways. Why would the coyotes need another defenceman? Why would the sens give up Rundblad + a second rounder for Turris? And why did the Senators not give Rundblad some time in the AHL to begin with?

The sens knew all along that Rundblad played a risky style and that he would probably need some adjustment. He definitely struggled in these 24 games but that was almost expected, they must really have seen red flags in his game.
Maybe they felt that he plays too similar to EK65. When you have one player of that calibre that can play almost the full two minutes on the PP, having a Rundblad could become moot. Rundblad's absolute strengths come along when dictating the PP and Karlsson has that spot locked up.

Still, I think Ottawa gave too much.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Thricecube

Joakim Andersson playing his first game tonight for the Wings.

Thricecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Land of the assist! 4/5 top 5 assist getters are Swedes.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Henrik Sedin leading NHL in total points, D.Sedin tied 2:nd with Giroux.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Maybe they felt that he plays too similar to EK65. When you have one player of that calibre that can play almost the full two minutes on the PP, having a Rundblad could become moot. Rundblad's absolute strengths come along when dictating the PP and Karlsson has that spot locked up.

Still, I think Ottawa gave too much.
I think anyone that watched Turris play in Phoenix knew there was a good player to be had and that's why the interest was significant around the league. So far so good.

With another 2 assists Karlsson goes to 39 points in 42 games...on a 76 point pace and has 13 points in his last 10.

To illustrate how impressive this is up until this point, relative to league scoring (in order to control for era), no 21 and under Dman has ever scored at this pace over 82 games in history. Although keep in mind Orr led the NHL in scoring at 22 . The last 21 and under Dman to score over 70 points is Brian Leetch in the 80s....in a season where Lemieux scored 200 points.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

What EK is doing is simply insane. For so long now I've been expecting his pace to drop, but it seems like it's just keep getting more outrageous for every game that passes.

It's safe to say that we've never seen a player quite like him from our shores.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
What EK is doing is simply insane. For so long now I've been expecting his pace to drop, but it seems like it's just keep getting more outrageous for every game that passes.

It's safe to say that we've never seen a player quite like him from our shores.
I made a thread a little while back asking what happens if he puts up 70 points (regarding Norris)...in that thread I also explained if anything is more likely, based on the law of averages it's very possible his pace actually goes up. Sure enough, that 1% shot percentage went upward as he scored 4 goals in December. It's also something to note that despite leading Dmen in shots....he wastes a lot of chances in prime scoring opportunities with high and wide shots.

He went on a tear over a 3 game span where he took 24 shots on goal and attempted over 40. Kinda funny because he's far from a selfish player and sometimes overpasses the puck. He's just always got the puck.

I think throughout his career he's one of the few Dmen you can expect to put up points nightly. Maybe he goes through cold streaks...but he's also capable of putting up 2-3 points in a period.

All the freedom in the world because he can skate like this:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...1&event=BUF242

Old
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I made a thread a little while back asking what happens if he puts up 70 points (regarding Norris)...in that thread I also explained if anything is more likely, based on the law of averages it's very possible his pace actually goes up. Sure enough, that 1% shot percentage went upward as he scored 4 goals in December. It's also something to note that despite leading Dmen in shots....he wastes a lot of chances in prime scoring opportunities with high and wide shots.

He went on a tear over a 3 game span where he took 24 shots on goal and attempted over 40. Kinda funny because he's far from a selfish player and sometimes overpasses the puck. He's just always got the puck.

I think throughout his career he's one of the few Dmen you can expect to put up points nightly. Maybe he goes through cold streaks...but he's also capable of putting up 2-3 points in a period.

All the freedom in the world because he can skate like this:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...1&event=BUF242
He's my favorite player to watch in the whole NHL. Can't say enough good things about him. Not perfect defensively, but steadily improving. It will be interesting to see how he responds to the big contract he'll no doubt land. Hope he will keep giving it his all, trying to get better. Under Alfie's watch you'd think he would!

Old
01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
He's my favorite player to watch in the whole NHL. Can't say enough good things about him. Not perfect defensively, but steadily improving. It will be interesting to see how he responds to the big contract he'll no doubt land. Hope he will keep giving it his all, trying to get better. Under Alfie's watch you'd think he would!
He's got such a promising character. And he always raises the level of game in the most crucial of moments or games. His relationship to Alfie is important here but he's all ears sitting beside Gonchar and I can only imagine he's got all the time in the world for Paul Maclean coming from Detroit. MacLean is adamant he can get as good as he wants.

If Tobias Enstrom learned how to play at a near-Norris level of defense...there's no reason Karlsson can't or perhaps even better. Gotta just sit back and cross your fingers because it's been a long time since the league's seen a young talented defensemen of this caliber. Sky really is the limit.

Another two points tonight (and +5) and a goal coming off a strip of a lifeless Jagr in the Ottawa zone. Puts his pace at 77-78 and 15 in his last 11 and +14. Really can't say enough about how fun it is to watch a superstar blossom...especially one that's developed so much since day 1.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Pääjärvi recalled by Oilers. (Eberle injured) In 10 games with OKC he had 1+9

Rundblad sent down to Portland also. Way better than being a healthy scratch in Phoenix.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Pääjärvi recalled by Oilers. (Eberle injured) In 10 games with OKC he had 1+9

Rundblad sent down to Portland also. Way better than being a healthy scratch in Phoenix.
Rundblad should have started in AHL anyway, playing lots of minutes, building confidence, adjusting to rinksize and using his PP-skills (he didn't get much pp-time for Ottawa).

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Viktor Stålberg hattrick vs Columbus.

Old
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Rundblad still in Phoenix, will play vs Detroit.

Old
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Rundblad still in Phoenix, will play vs Detroit.
Thought he was sent down to the AHL. Why did ottawa and now the coyotes not send him to the AHL and give him 20 games there instead of keeping him as a healthy scratch? Hopefully he can maintain his spot but I really think he should be given big minutes in the AHL to score some points and raise his confidence. Rundblad with no confidence and icetime is not a good hockeyplayer. Really think he could be a great defenceman in the NHL with some patience from his coaches.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Peter The Great

This has to be best season all time for Swedish players in the NHL so far?

So many players and a lot of them doing great.

I thought it would be difficult with a new generation after Forsberg, Sundin etc... but I was truly wrong. We are looking stronger than ever before.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote