HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Ramo & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 07:59 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I still don't get this. What part of the pronoun "we" don't people understand? "WE are playing like losers" ... isn't that what we're all dwelling on here? Are there particular jabs at specific players that I'm missing here? I'm still in the information gathering stages here.
During the interview, he did on occasion say, WE, but he also said that he has been better than ever, and would continue to prepare the way he does....

The interview was a shot at the coach and his teammates, even though he seemed to somewhat include himself. The good teammates and leaders start with themselves, and say " I have to play better, and we as a team have to play better "

There have always been selfish connotations about Cammy, but the guy is a sniper, and when producing at least he has always been able to back it up. When he is not scoring, he is doing ZERO for the team, and he is way too small for 5 on 5 play and to be making 6.0M bucks...he is frustrated and so are his team mates, but you don't go public with that stuff, you do it in a players only meeting, with the coach or the GM....he is an offensively good player, but that's it, and seems to have been suling ever since Gio got the C...I am glad he is gone....

Old
01-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You knew about Kopitar having 2 goals in 22 games recently..

So what Cammy had a little rough patch , the team was in TURMOIL.(fired coaches)..you expect that ..

Anyways , the joke continues on...
Did you really compare Cammalleri with Kopitar... ?!

Old
01-13-2012, 08:01 AM
neofury*

To all the people whining about Cammy's playoff production and how will we ever replace it, the way Cammy was playing we wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year or next.

The guy is a glory hog who only shows up in the playoffs and he had little to no effort most shifts all year long. Somebody needs to fax Cammy the memo, you need to actually make the playoffs through working hard before you can perform in them.

I understand he was frustrated and all but I have to agree when people say he was among the biggest or the biggest loser on the team. The reason I say it is the effort. I'm a huge Kostitsyn fan and have defended him for years. I understand he sometimes doesn't give a full effort (more-so 2+ years ago) but even that is blown out of proportion. I find it funny that Kosty who gives an honest effort most every night now a days and who also wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be previously still gets flack but guys like Cammy can do basically the exact thing those haters don't like, give 0 effort for like an entire season, and somehow those people only connected the dots once the media started saying stuff about him.

It's laughable how some folks form their opinion based purely on word of mouth, anti-chambre and the local pub the night before. Andrei has been a monster for us and even last season was very good in terms of effort. Cammy has on and off given no effort for years, he seems to only show up in the playoffs and even then because of his lackluster efforts this year we likely won't even make them. But only a small minority gave him flack ever and Kostitsyn has been **** on for the last 2 years even since he's become a much more complete player giving an honest effort each night. It's just sad imo.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yantropov View Post
Did you really compare Cammalleri with Kopitar... ?!
SLUMPS MAN SLUMPS

Old
01-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
During the interview, he did on occasion say, WE, but he also said that he has been better than ever, and would continue to prepare the way he does....

The interview was a shot at the coach and his teammates, even though he seemed to somewhat include himself. The good teammates and leaders start with themselves, and say " I have to play better, and we as a team have to play better "
It's it closer to the truth to say that he actually always used "we", and never singled out anyone specifically? I mean, if there's anything specific I've missed, please point it out to me. In the absence of anything of the sort, it's little more than insinuation/interpretation/projection on the part of those of us being fed information by the media and forming our opinions thusly.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
To all the people whining about Cammy's playoff production and how will we ever replace it, the way Cammy was playing we wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year or next.

The guy is a glory hog who only shows up in the playoffs and he had little to no effort most shifts all year long. Somebody needs to fax Cammy the memo, you need to actually make the playoffs through working hard before you can perform in them.

I understand he was frustrated and all but I have to agree when people say he was among the biggest or the biggest loser on the team. The reason I say it is the effort. I'm a huge Kostitsyn fan and have defended him for years. I understand he sometimes doesn't give a full effort (more-so 2+ years ago) but even that is blown out of proportion. I find it funny that Kosty who gives an honest effort most every night now a days and who also wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be previously still gets flack but guys like Cammy can do basically the exact thing those haters don't like, give 0 effort for like an entire season, and somehow those people only connected the dots once the media started saying stuff about him.

It's laughable how some folks form their opinion based purely on word of mouth, anti-chambre and the local pub the night before. Andrei has been a monster for us and even last season was very good in terms of effort. Cammy has on and off given no effort for years, he seems to only show up in the playoffs and even then because of his lackluster efforts this year we likely won't even make them. But only a small minority gave him flack ever and Kostitsyn has been **** on for the last 2 years even since he's become a much more complete player giving an honest effort each night. It's just sad imo.
Even Michel Bergeron is realizing that Kostitsyn ain't that bad after all, now that tells you something

Old
01-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

Easy now...

Vinny and ST Louis and Stamkos ,won't make playoff this year.

Saku ,Ryan, Perry, Getzlaf ,Selanne won't

you get my drift?

How are you pinning this all on Cammy?

Old
01-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Would Cammy be considered one dimension Boston?

I don't think.

Cause he would be surrounded with people who could hit and open up space up for him to DO HIS JOB ....

IN MTL you ice a top 6 full of guy who aren't historical physical, then you see dimensions.....
Then you get dummies complaining Cammy isn't physical?....lol just like people going nut when Darche plays top lines, people could see he doesn't belong there....on the 4th line you don't see he is out of his element as much ..

This is where Montreal failed...

The best player in NHL was one dimensional player....Gretzky scored.....
Gretzky one dimensional??? really??? He could skate faster than most, win face off, control the puck, set up his wingers, was deadly on PK, was deadly on PP......all things Cammie cannot or did not do consistently for us......

Dude....Gretzky and Kopitar are very bad point of reference in speaking of Cammie....

Old
01-13-2012, 08:12 AM
MJN79

Say what you want, you make trades based on player production. You don't look back at 3 years ago and say, OMG how can we trade a 39 goal scorer. You want to look back, look at the production of these 2 players for the past 2 years. Bourque has same goal totals. I was shocked to learn that following trade.
And one thing I am fed up with, GM's saying they didn't know he was available. Its probably because they didn't ask Gauthier for him. They saw he was a having a bad season, saw his cap hit, saw his salary left for next 2 years and didn't bother calling Gauthier. How many teams could have taken on his salary? The Flames were crazy enough to do it. The fact is Cammy has 9 goals this season, he looked like he didn't want to get hurt anymore. Bourque plays with an edge at least and his cap space is very manageable. Yes the term is long but we can use cap space.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:14 AM
llamateizer

Rene bourque said in his conference that Gauthier told him that he was trying to get him for the last 3 weeks.

Its maybe coincidence.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Gretzky one dimensional??? really??? He could skate faster than most, win face off, control the puck, set up his wingers, was deadly on PK, was deadly on PP......all things Cammie cannot or did not do consistently for us......

Dude....Gretzky and Kopitar are very bad point of reference in speaking of Cammie....
We can at least definitely agree on this one. I would change the bolded, though, to say that he could get to the puck faster than most. He really wasn't that fast/great of a skater (even/especially compared to his peers), but anticipation+agility=looking like he covered more ice than he actually did in Gretzky's case.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Habbadasher

The Trade:

From a Montreal perspective:

We got a guy who is bigger, more physical, has scored more goals over the last 4 years, and 2 years, and fits better with the style of play in the East. And we saved 2.7M. We gave up on a guy who will never play for us. We got a prospect, and a decent pick in the second round.

From the Flames perspective:

They got the bigger name, a proven playoff performer, who fits better with the style of play in the West. The got a guy who can be a potential replacement for Kipper. And a potential prospect.

You be the judge who got the better deal.

IMHO, I would have preferred getting a first rounder than a warm body in return, but the deal is decent. We got something for today, and tomorrow.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
Rene bourque said in his conference that Gauthier told him that he was trying to get him for the last 3 weeks.

Its maybe coincidence.
Mr. Bourque

Old
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
llamateizer

Cammalleri would've not be traded to an EASTERN team.

that leaves 15 teams ...
how many teams can afford Cammalleri in the west?

Old
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Habbadasher

Any GM who says that he did not know Cammy was available is a bad GM or was simply not interested. The sharks have been circling around MTL for awhile now.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Any GM who says that he did not know Cammy was available is a bad GM or was simply not interested. The sharks have been circling around MTL for awhile now.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are to go after Kostitsyn. I remember rumors earlier this year regarding him and now that they've lost Havlat I wouldn't be surprised. If Kostitsyn isn't signed now to deadline he is gone

Old
01-13-2012, 08:21 AM
KingRoy33

What a lot of people need to understand in regards to the deal being made with Calgary is this:

I truly believe this deal was in the works for a while but Gauthier didnt want to pull the trigger just yet, but after Cammys comments you need to remove the cancer from the room so it heated up and he pulled the trigger

Secondly Cammy has a limited no trade clause which allows him to pick 7 teams he can be traded to so in saying that Gauthier doesnt get much of an option to put out the word and get a King's ransom. Think about it you are trying to find a buyer who will take on Cammy 6 million dollar cap hit without having to take back the same amount of money back with only 7 teams to work with, I think he did a good job and got what everyone has been complaining about, Size!

PS Production is the same from both players, with Bourque actually doing a bit better.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post

hey Gretzky wasn't physical...like Cammy..Im sure Habs fan would be complaining about that ..

.drive them both out to the airport,so many dimensions....

All I'm saying is alot of Montreal fans don't appreciate anything ...Management is totally out to lunch .

We finally get a sniper...they screw it up .

Bring back Bulis and Zed and Patrick Poulin, Chad Kilger with Saku .

Old
01-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
We can at least definitely agree on this one. I would change the bolded, though, to say that he could get to the puck faster than most. He really wasn't that fast/great of a skater (even/especially compared to his peers), but anticipation+agility=looking like he covered more ice than he actually did in Gretzky's case.
Without being argumentative, I did not say he skated faster than Messier, Anderson and Kurri, I said he could skate faster than most....which is an accurate depiction especially in the perspective of hockey in the early 80s. That said, he would be a good skater at best in today's perspective...

Old
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoy33 View Post
What a lot of people need to understand in regards to the deal being made with Calgary is this:

I truly believe this deal was in the works for a while but Gauthier didnt want to pull the trigger just yet, but after Cammys comments you need to remove the cancer from the room so it heated up and he pulled the trigger

Secondly Cammy has a limited no trade clause which allows him to pick 7 teams he can be traded to so in saying that Gauthier doesnt get much of an option to put out the word and get a King's ransom. Think about it you are trying to find a buyer who will take on Cammy 6 million dollar cap hit without having to take back the same amount of money back with only 7 teams to work with, I think he did a good job and got what everyone has been complaining about, Size!

PS Production is the same from both players, with Bourque actually doing a bit better.
Bourque is playing better, and brings more to the table if and when he is not scoring...oh, and he is a lot bigger than one of the smurfs...remember guys, we are looking for size up front...Cole didn't work out too badly.

Closed Thread