HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Would Cammalleri have been a fit here?

Old
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Would Cammalleri have been a fit here?

Interesting trade. He's hot/cold and somewhat injury prone. But he's hit 80 pts a couple of times.

Not itching to make a move, but adding offense to this team would be good thing before the deadline

Who would we have to give up that's comparable to Rene?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
jniklast

As a player I think he would've been a good addition giving us another proven scorer and veteran presence.

His six million cap hit through 2014 makes him a no no.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
MSG the place to be*

If fans want another high priced, non-dominant player then said fans are not allowed to complain after games like last night where our dominant line was Feds-Boyle-Hags.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:52 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
If fans want another high priced, non-dominant player then said fans are not allowed to complain after games like last night where our dominant line was Feds-Boyle-Hags.
So you are saying he's not a Torts kinda guy?

Not really complaining about last night. It's a long season. I am starting to think the team could compete for the Cup though. We have depth that leans towards the grit. We could use a vet on the Blueline and more scoring....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:04 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

No.

Small. And apparently throws his teammates under the bus when things don't go his way.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
NYR Viper

I think he would fit in really well on the Rangers, but not at his contract.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
MadHookUp

I think you are going to get a lot of the same answer. Wouldnt be a bad fit for the Rangers roster, but at 6m cap hit? no way.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
3Four3

From what I heard from Canadien fans all season long, he's apathetic and glides without emotion on the ice.

Nothing more than a team player when things are going great and a headcase when things are not.

Even if he had a $4 million cap hit, PASS!

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:21 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Weiss View Post
From what I heard from Canadien fans all season long, he's apathetic and glides without emotion on the ice.

Nothing more than a team player when things are going great and a headcase when things are not.

Even if he had a $4 million cap hit, PASS!
Sounds about right.

The guy who throws his teammates under a bus traded for the guy who would rather "hit up" concerts the night before a game.

Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
No.

Small. And apparently throws his teammates under the bus when things don't go his way.
Rather keep Dubinsky at that price cause it would moat likely cost him for Camm....if all it took was zuccarello and Wolski then maybe but the Rangers need big bodies guys like Lucic Clowe Clifford Benn guys like that... not another small finesse non physical soft forward....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:22 AM
ruckus*

I think if the Habs move him they'd want assets that we would not want to give up. I would not mind Cammalleri on this roster at all. I think it's hard to knock him for all the supposed things that have been going on. Let's not forget that the Habs organization did this to themselves. They're the chicken ***** that have thrown their interim coach under the bus and made him a lame duck. None of us follow that team daily and none of us really know what's going on there. It's an awkward position all the way around. Him commenting about his ice time didn't bother me. I didn't think he said anything too outrageous. It was a little passive aggressive but unfortunately that's kind of how you have to be with the media when discussing things. Let's not forget, he HAS been a dominant post season player. The guy has been a stud.

EDIT: My apologies. I did not realized he was traded. I was wondering why the thread title was worded the way that it was.

Last edited by ruckus*: 01-13-2012 at 10:37 AM.
ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Stepanformayor*

No!! High priced, overrated.

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I wouldn't like to commit $6 million for another two years, but his scoring pedigree is tempting. Good playoff record too.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
No!! High priced, overrated.
He's had a pretty good career. All UFA's get overpaid. He's a PPG player in the playoffs so at least he's shown to come up big when the games matter the most.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

We could have given the Habs the same thing in exchange: a guy who used to score goals (Wolski) and a guy who has been suspended multiple times this season for dangerous hits (Deveaux), but they would get two players instead of one. We could even throw in Eric Christensen if they need spare parts to repair Markov.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:48 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Sigh...there's no conceivable way that the Rangers could afford to devote that much of the cap to a non-essential piece, and this is coming from someone who loves Cammi. No $6 million dollar one dimensional players are a fit on this team, regardless of how much they may excel in one particular dimension.

On that note, have any of you watched a Canadiens game lately? What exactly did he say about his teammates that was inaccurate? They were playing like garbage, and they're a really poorly constructed roster to begin with. No one knows what goes on in their locker room, either.

I don't think he threw his teammates under the bus. I think he was frustrated because his team stunk and everyone knew it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
The Mouth

I asked Sean Avery about Cammelleri when he was a UFA and he said he liked his swag and he played with an edge. So at this point I gotta say no.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
mike14

Like many of said, he would probably have gone ok, and may have been the finisher that B Rich needs, but the cap hit is far to high to even consider it

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Live in Montreal, and see a lot of Habs games.

I don't think he's what we'd be looking for at all. I'm not a fan of him in general, but this is me answering objectively. I just don't see what line he'd fit in with, and I don't think he would transition easily into our system.

Pacioretty on the other hand, is someone I'd love to see with us. Would cost too much to get though.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Player-wise, of course. Price-wise, no.

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Vitto79

Can this be moved to the Trade Proposal thread?

Also yea on paper he's a fit but cap wise he's not.........the throwing players under a bus is Montreal media crap

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:46 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Sigh...there's no conceivable way that the Rangers could afford to devote that much of the cap to a non-essential piece, and this is coming from someone who loves Cammi. No $6 million dollar one dimensional players are a fit on this team, regardless of how much they may excel in one particular dimension.

On that note, have any of you watched a Canadiens game lately? What exactly did he say about his teammates that was inaccurate? They were playing like garbage, and they're a really poorly constructed roster to begin with. No one knows what goes on in their locker room, either.

I don't think he threw his teammates under the bus. I think he was frustrated because his team stunk and everyone knew it.
Only 7.5 Million and up

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Weiss View Post
Not that I'd necessarily want him but how many players don't canadien fans say that about?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Player-wise sure. Not with his contract though.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
JayQueensNY88*

NO! With what he said about MTL( true or not ),some **** you just keep to yourself.Im the last one that thinks you shouldnt speak your mind.But he could have chose his words more wisely..... Sounds like a ********* to me.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote