HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 2-1 versus Bruins

Old
01-12-2012, 10:52 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
This is hilarious.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Buried in the ado about the Cammalleri trade and the reaction to Gauthier's seeming abruptness was the fact that as usual, the Habs played a competitive game on the Bruins' home ice. They didn't look like a team that had given up. As for the absence of Cammalleri in the third period, they didn't miss him.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Trading a player in the middle of a game against a division rival.....just when you think you've seen it all.

PG's timing is suspect to say the least.
He's scum.

Imagine one of your coworkers getting fired in the middle of a sales presentation or something like that.. how would you feel?

Gauthier is a graceless ****.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:04 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Pilkington View Post
He's scum.

Imagine one of your coworkers getting fired in the middle of a sales presentation or something like that.. how would you feel?

Imagine your co-worker that does nothing all day telling everyone in the office that they are losers and come to work with a losing mentality.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

It's encouraging to see that Subban is starting to play more physical as evidenced by the Jackman hit on Tuesday and the hit on Krejci tonight. Supposedly Rene Bourque plays a physical game, still don't like the trade at all though.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Imagine your co-worker that does nothing all day telling everyone in the office that they are losers and come to work with a losing mentality.
Everything I see about Cammy suggests to me he doesn't have a losing attitude. What his problem is is he gets frustrated by the weaknesses of others. Our team is weak this year. He had an outburst but an organization run by a true leader would never get this point, a player with such an important role on the team would never be reduced to this. Cammy just got publicly spanked by Gauthier. I don't mind the trade, that's fine.. Cammy is better off elsewhere and we got Bourque.. What's inhumane is that he couldn't ****ing wait until the game was over - both teams played tonight and don't play again until Saturday. The intent from Gauthier is clear no matter what he says.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
patsbury

First time I see so little response in a PGT after a loss to the Bruins Hilarious

Everybody talking about the trade; ouuuuuh, aaaaah; Let's be real, the game vs Blues was a MUST win since every other team outside a playoffs spot. We are now at 10.9% chance to make the playoffs, Habs need to play for more than 0.7 (approximation). This is just IMPOSSIBLE, I wish we could pull a "NJ Devils" like last year, but with our asset and an injury plagued team, it is not gonna happen. I hope we are seller at trade deadline and will not mortage the future (read 1st & 2nd round draft pick) to try to fix a non-problem. A full rebuild isn't the solution, re-tooling is; Habs need a big star center who can pull 30+ goals/season.

All thing considered, I do not hate the trade, but I'm pissed considering the position the team is right now.

Habs played "great" tonight, deserved at least 1 point, but the best team won, that is for sure. Also, I hate stachion

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
He's scum.

Takes two to make a trade, and Bourque has been serving a suspension.
If you're on the other side, and you finally agree to the deal, would you want the player you're now getting to keep playing??

As much as PG made some mistakes, the man gets criticized for every single move he makes. He also gets criticized for every single move he doesn't make. He even gets criticized for re-signing the players that are must keep.

The man just can't catch a break.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:44 PM

Didn't watch the game but saw the thread on the NHL board.. will Subban be suspended or is it just Bruins fans whining for nothing?

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:46 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

I apologize before hand as I know that, as a Bruins fan, I am probably not the most welcomed person on this board. I just wanted to offer my honest opinion from the Subban-Krejci hit. To be blunt, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the hit. I did not see it live and relied on replays before I over-reacted and formed a biased opinion. Bruins bias aside, I don't see a problem with the hit. I saw that play as Krejci carrying the puck and Subban lining Krejci up for a check along the boards. I saw Krejci last minute make a cut back as to try and open up a passing lane, and I saw Subban, who I believe was already commited to a body check, throw a body check. With that being said, with a penalty already being called on Subban, I would have rather seen two minutes a side instead of an extra two for Ference. I have zero problem with Subban not fighting in that circumstance as, like I said, I don't have a problem with the hit. I also don't have a problem with Ference jumping in, just because he saw Krejci get flattened without the source of a replay to see that the hit wasn't dirty. I thought the Subban reaction was funny in a sense of an LOL not as in a Subban turtle type of way. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't expect a Bruin to fight because I don't think it was a dirty play. With that being said, I apologize if I wore out my welcome here but I just wanted to post my opinion of the play. Cheers.

James

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
I apologize before hand as I know that, as a Bruins fan, I am probably not the most welcomed person on this board. I just wanted to offer my honest opinion from the Subban-Krejci hit. To be blunt, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the hit. I did not see it live and relied on replays before I over-reacted and formed a biased opinion. Bruins bias aside, I don't see a problem with the hit. I saw that play as Krejci carrying the puck and Subban lining Krejci up for a check along the boards. I saw Krejci last minute make a cut back as to try and open up a passing lane, and I saw Subban, who I believe was already commited to a body check, throw a body check. With that being said, with a penalty already being called on Subban, I would have rather seen two minutes a side instead of an extra two for Ference. I have zero problem with Subban not fighting in that circumstance as, like I said, I don't have a problem with the hit. I also don't have a problem with Ference jumping in, just because he saw Krejci get flattened without the source of a replay to see that the hit wasn't dirty. I thought the Subban reaction was funny in a sense of an LOL not as in a Subban turtle type of way. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't expect a Bruin to fight because I don't think it was a dirty play. With that being said, I apologize if I wore out my welcome here but I just wanted to post my opinion of the play. Cheers.

James
Thanks sir.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:57 PM
habtastic

Quote:
He's scum.

Do you not understand that the conference call was finalized during the game and thus Cammalleri could no longer play for the Canadiens. You can't put him out in the third once the deal is finalized, it might void the deal.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
There was a game?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

There was a trade?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
We lost three games by one goal against them this year. Typical story. More shots than the Bruins but Thomas just dominates.
Yeah and their inability to touch a rebound against the bruins doesnt help either considering that is how you are going to beat thomas when he comes 3 feet outside his crease most of the game.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:40 AM
sheed36

A 2 page PGT after a Habs/Bruins game..

Anyway last nights game was a decent effort from the Habs.. Sucks that Price and the Habs always seem to be on the short end of lucky bounces like both Bruin goals were last night.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
A 2 page PGT after a Habs/Bruins game..

Anyway last nights game was a decent effort from the Habs.. Sucks that Price and the Habs always seem to be on the short end of lucky bounces like both Bruin goals were last night.
At this point what do you want to do. Nothing is going our way this season except for us falling deeper and deeper, at least we might get a top pick!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
At this point what do you want to do. Nothing is going our way this season except for us falling deeper and deeper, at least we might get a top pick!
Even if the Habs were to tank and at this point I think it might be a good idea, I still want to beat the Bruins and Leafs.. Old habits I guess..

Old
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Protest the Hero

Watching the Subban-Krecji hit in slow motion, I think a lot of people overreacted to the "elbow". Subban's arm is against his body, until after the hit where he extends his arm.

It does look like the first contact is Subbans bicep/shoulder to Krecji's head though, and if I had to guess, I'd say he gets suspended for 1-3 games. Of course, the whole thing gets overshadowed by the Cammalleri trade, so maybe Shanahan forgot about it entirely.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:53 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Watching the Subban-Krecji hit in slow motion, I think a lot of people overreacted to the "elbow". Subban's arm is against his body, until after the hit where he extends his arm.

It does look like the first contact is Subbans bicep/shoulder to Krecji's head though, and if I had to guess, I'd say he gets suspended for 1-3 games. Of course, the whole thing gets overshadowed by the Cammalleri trade, so maybe Shanahan forgot about it entirely.
I wasn't paying much attention to the game in the 3rd and didn't realize it was a questionable hit to be honest. Must go look at a video of the hit.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
I wasn't paying much attention to the game in the 3rd and didn't realize it was a questionable hit to be honest. Must go look at a video of the hit.
Neither was I to be honest, but I was reading these boards and there was mention of the Bruins fans exploding in anger over the hit.

http://youtu.be/heF3OY2Pnoo#t=2m20s

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Even if the Habs were to tank and at this point I think it might be a good idea, I still want to beat the Bruins and Leafs.. Old habits I guess..
At the end of the year those 5-6 pts can be huge, I this point I don't even mind losing to those teams

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Neither was I to be honest, but I was reading these boards and there was mention of the Bruins fans exploding in anger over the hit.

http://youtu.be/heF3OY2Pnoo#t=2m20s
If that's the case then it must have been bad then.. Bruin fans get angry when they look at themselves in the mirror in the morning so that doesn't mean much really..

Edit.. Just watched the video and it might be a little questionable but not suspension worthy IMO.. If that hit warrants a suspension you may as well take hitting out of the game completely.. Just my 2 cents.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
At the end of the year those 5-6 pts can be huge, I this point I don't even mind losing to those teams
You have a point.. Normally it still sucks to lose to the Leafs and Bruins but this year it might work out for the best I guess.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Hugo Sham

boston pov

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/...ry-losing-edge

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruin...bans-character

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote