HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#41 - 01.12.2012 | Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
01-13-2012, 04:05 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If we had somebody like Loui Erikkson we'd be better than Boston.

Richie is playing with lesser linemates, as much as I love Cally.
This is why we need Kreider to become a top 6 forward soon.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:28 AM
SensontheRush
Rik Rondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
Woof Boyle would be a 30 goal scorer if he didn't have feet for hands.
I just want to say I love this post

But yeh, I came here to say that Hagelin is a gem. Impressed every time I see him....and there is no way to deny we got lucky tonight, good game.

SensontheRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:24 AM
Raymones

Just finished watching. Solid game by Ottawa, gotta give credits where it is due.

None of the Rangers top players stepped up tonight. Hagelin was the best forward IMO. However he has to bring the puck in front of the net more frequently. Twisting and turning behind the goal is all good, but he can be way more effective making more pushes to the net.

The PP is frustrating to watch. I don't see why Girardi is on the top PP unit. He is one helluva hockeyplayer but really isn't a top PP player. And why are the coaches splitting up Del Zotto/Strålman on the PP? They seem to have chemistry, as has McD/Girardi. I'd stick with the pairings and start with MDZ/AS. They are more talented, offensively.

The hate on Boyle here is a bit ridiculous. He might not be a goalscorer, but he brings his game every night. His line was the best line on the Rangers tonight and brought what they are supposed to. Just finished Tortorella's postgame, and I think it was spot on.

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:06 AM
pld459666

What's that, like the 10th loss in the last 41 games. dam bumbs. We should not be losing but once every 20 games or so.

Richards = Overrated
Gaborik = Overrated
Lundqvist = Overrated

Get rid of them all.

I don't want to hear nothing about a bad game. There should be NO BAD GAMES by anyone on the team. They need to be perfect all night every night. anything less is unacceptable.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Claxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I'm already past this one.

But damn, I want them to beat the Leafs. Maybe most of you don't know what it's like for us Canadian guys when the Rangers come out second best to the Leafs or the Habs.

Go Rangers.
Nothing worse than losing to Toronto, especially when you're near the heart of their fanbase. They NEED to beat the Leafs and Habs

Claxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:16 AM
lebear
I have no idea

I actually thought Wolski started out pretty nice. Torts obviously thought otherwise, hence the limited minutes later in the game.

Boyle wasn't brutal, or maybe he was just notable because of the ice-time and number of shots (attempts). He's a brutal finisher though and shouldn't come close to the minutes he got tonight. But that's a message to the top 6 I guess, not him deserving it.

Stepan, Feds, Girardi, Staal, MDZ, McD all had a solid game and to be honest, Gaborik was good to but Ottawa was even better at shutting him down.

Overall most of our guys had a good game, with the exception of not being able to create any quality chances (Boyle, McD and Staal were the ones with the best opportunities, the two latter being so close..).

This was really more of a 0-1 game than 0-3 game so I'm not really that disappointed. Moving on.

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Crease

Rangers ran into a hot team and a hot goalie. We outplayed and outchanced them for the most part. Just couldn't beat Anderson. Tip your hat to him and move on.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
I really missed Dubi yesterday. Down by 1 with 10 to play is where he's best

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Gotta lose sometime!

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Occidentalist
Beernerd

Three things I'm sure of:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Rangers can't win at Montreal or at home vs. Ottawa

Occidentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
lebear
I have no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Rangers ran into a hot team and a hot goalie. We outplayed and outchanced them for the most part. Just couldn't beat Anderson. Tip your hat to him and move on.
Pretty much this.

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't know how anybody takes anything this guy says seriously anymore.

They really need to make it so you can't see quotes from people you've ignored.
I don't think anyone does. It's so way beyond stupid that it's not even worth getting upset over. However, had enough so he'll be the first person to be on my ignore list!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
If Avery were playing they would have won the game.

Khelvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:15 AM
MSG the place to be*

Next game I challenge anyone to keep a log of all the positive moments Gaborik has and I will do the same for the resident whipping boy, Brian Boyle.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Agree. Frustrating, but the Rangers played better than the Sens for 90% of the night. Sens capitalized on their chances and the Rangers didn't, end of story.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:36 AM
MAYO

Agreed, we played against a team who's on a streak of their own. If Dan Cement Hands Boyle scores the partial empty netter it's a 1-1 game, instead, it becomes a turn over and they head up ice and make it 2-0! Also, unlike some of you, I thought W.W. looked aweful!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Can we get Olivia Munn to get back together with BR?

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
msv957

Richards needs to be the first line center on a line with Gaborik. This is what he is. A first line center who produces around top 10-15 in points in the NHL.

He is being paid the big bucks to be the star along with Gaborik.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
To be fair, Dallas fans warned you guys that Richards wasn't as good as he was being hyped on these boards.

Richards is weird this year. He's not racking up PPPs like he was in Dallas playing with a pure passer like Riberio on the half-wall. Richards got a ton of points playing on the point and just being the shooter with Morrow in front of the net providing a screen. Riberio was really the one making the crazy plays, Richards was just always open on the point for the one timer or his patented SHAS to Eriksson or Riberio for the wide open net.

He also doesn't have the luxury of playing with a talented winger like Eriksson regularly. Richards needs players on his wings who can win puck battles on the boards, but also be in the right place at the right time for his cycling pass. As good as Dubi/Cally have been for him, I don't think they have that hockey intelligence that Eriksson does, and therefore a lot of the grinding goes to waste. What has impressed me is how Richards has changed his game to match his linemates, and become more of the shooter on the line. Where as in the past he'd just continue to cycle until Loui or Neal finished the play.

I'm not sure he'll ever be a PPG player in New York, unless the PP gets fixed drastically. Part of that involves him playing on the point with another great playmaker on the halfboards IMO. Torts is too manic with his PP units, needs to stick with a setup that works for quite a few games to find chemistry:

Callahan in front of the net.
Stepan on the halfwall, directing traffic.
Gaborik along the boards for the cycle, shifts to the hashmarks when we have control.
MDZ or Girardi on the RD for shots or to get it to Stepan/Richards.
Richards on the Left point, for either one timers or shot-passes to Gaborik in open shooting lanes.
When we signed Richards back in July, posters on the forum were penciling him in for 90+ points and I replied back then, "Who the heck is he going to pass to?" We don't have anywhere near the finishers that Dallas has had while Richards was there piling up points. Don't get me wrong, I love Cally and Duby but they pale in comparison to guys like Neal, Ribiero, Erickson and Benn as offensive players.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
This is why we need Kreider to become a top 6 forward soon.
We have so much riding on the potential of Chris Kreider that I dare say what he becomes to this team can either make or break us. I believe Kreider(who has all world tools) can in fact become that 25-35 goal scorer that we so desperately crave and need to reach the next level. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Old
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Richards needs to be the first line center on a line with Gaborik. This is what he is. A first line center who produces around top 10-15 in points in the NHL.

He is being paid the big bucks to be the star along with Gaborik.
Richards is being paid the big bucks to elevate everyone else's game who play around him. Doesn't matter if it's 1st or 2nd line, he should be putting up points...especially when he's on the power play.

It's not happening.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Weiss View Post
Richards is being paid the big bucks to elevate everyone else's game who play around him. Doesn't matter if it's 1st or 2nd line, he should be putting up points...especially when he's on the power play.

It's not happening.
Exactly right. He's being paid big bucks to elevate the game of whomever he plays with. Besides, Stepan has been just fine with Gabby(although a little stale lately) and for my money, he's the best all around forward on our team.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Pizza

Missed the game. Any objective takes on how Wolski played? I'd like to know if he was at least hustling out there.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Missed the game. Any objective takes on how Wolski played? I'd like to know if he was at least hustling out there.
Started out well but then his play tailed off a bit in the second half of the game. He lost some puck battles in the neutral zone during the 3rd period so he saw his minutes cut in the 3rd.

I think he's earned another game, in part because Anisimov has really floundered on the first line as of late.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Weiss View Post

It's not happening.
I do agree that the stars should elevate the other players. Messier was great at this. However.......

Richards is putting up real good points playing on a 2nd line. Not many 2nd line centers will have 60-70 points that Richards should get this year on the 2nd line. I also don't see Richards getting lots of first line Power play minutes. Stepan is getting most of that time

However, on the first line with Gabork. Richards would get 75-85 points.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote