HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MTL/CGY] Cammalleri, Rämö & 2012 5th for Bourque, Holland & 2013 2nd ‎(Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Was watching the Rene Bourque press conference, and he said something along the lines of "i'm shocked to be traded, but if there is one place i would want to play is montreal"
Then few minutes later, someone asks him if he had anything to do with the trade, and he responds "i wrote down teams i prefer to get traded to, and montreal was not on that list"
Lol?
You misheard, he said he wrote down the teams he doesn't want to play for. Cammalleri had a similar no trade clause.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This is good asset management. You might not like Bourque but we played the picks as well as you can when dealing with a terrible contract. Next year Calgary stands a good chance being worse than they are this year, and I've heard good things about the class of 2013.
Appearntly that's impossible in Montreal.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Chris Stevenson @CJ_Stevenson
Another thing I like about Ghost getting Bourque is upgrade in physical play. Bourque has outhit Cammy 229-42 over last 2-1/2 seasons.
Again,

this is a crazy thinking..

How many guy did Gretzky out hit?

Trying to compare hits between Bourque and Cammy? LOL

Hitting wasn't Cammy's game so what!

But when you dress the all smurf team??? It stands out, and you got crazy people thinking he should be a rugged forward ...

nutts.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
The Habs moving up 3 round is what?tremendous
Yeah, we're moving on up,
to the east side.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You misheard, he said he wrote down the teams he doesn't want to play for. Cammalleri had a similar no trade clause.
Makes more sense, thanks for that.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
I dont hate the team , i dislike the GM ....which i feel is more than right ,as he has brought the entire org a BLACK EYE on and off the ICE.

ALso we did move up to get Latendresse , trade picks with NY Rangers.. that is why i asked him if he was a Habs fan, cause he said we didn't .

And to anyone saying who hoo we get to move up 3 rounds for Cammy, and is excited about it? nutts.
Well you do give yourself a black eye for thinking this is all Gauthier fault.

Gauthier is patching what Gainey did in 2009.

But I guess your just too dumb to understand that, or just have no life to come troll the board for more than 1 hour.

Even if Gauthier was our Pro-Scout, he wasnt the voice of the organisation at that time, now it's his and he's doing a good job shipping the dead wood.

Gomez is next.

Old
andy28

Quote:
Again,

I'll say. Crazy thinking we just traded Gretzky.

Bourque has also outscored him.

Old
yianik

I haven't seem Bourque play much so I have been reading up on the comments. Lots of negatives about him being the dumbest player and taking stupid penalties. I looked at his stats and he averages less than 80 min a year, which doesn't mean he isn't taking bad penalties but I thought it'd be alot more given the comments. I also read he's terribly slow but he scored 4 SHG last year ( or year before) and 5 SHG a couple of years before that . Usually you need some speed to score short handed. Any comments appreciated.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Was watching the Rene Bourque press conference, and he said something along the lines of "i'm shocked to be traded, but if there is one place i would want to play is montreal"
Then few minutes later, someone asks him if he had anything to do with the trade, and he responds "i wrote down teams i prefer to get traded to, and montreal was not on that list"
Lol?
That's not what he said.

He said that Montreal was not on the list of teams he would refuse a trade to.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Maybe PG could have gotten more for Cammalleri...

But having Bourque instead of Cammalleri + a 2nd (for a 5th) + a prospect is a positive step in a rebuilding process.

People can't get their dislike of PG or PG's other moves blind them.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Well you do give yourself a black eye for thinking this is all Gauthier fault.

Gauthier is patching what Gainey did in 2009.

But I guess your just too dumb to understand that, or just have no life to come troll the board for more than 1 hour.

Even if Gauthier was our Pro-Scout, he wasnt the voice of the organisation at that time, now it's his and he's doing a good job shipping the dead wood.

Gomez is next.
WHAT DO YOU mean what Gainey did?

You don't think GAUTHER didnt have HIS HAND in what Gainey did?
Gauthier just sat in the corner ?

Come on now ....

Janne Niminiaaaa says hi to ya .....

What has Gauthier done since Gainey steps out?

Nothing but gave our org a bad name leauge wide.....

Got us to near bottom of standings

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-13-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
ThaDevilGirl

In the end it's still a "meh" trade unless PG is committed to shipping the dead wood off.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Charkey

Is uiCK Bertrand Raymond

Old
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
LastRide

If Bourque can get his head together the trade might end up being ok. We save a few million to land a bigger fish. Cammy was becoming useless. He was horrible defensively, in the corners, and coughs the puck up. The other players have to do all the work to set him up so he can fire the puck wide. I think he's more concerned with golf and the protein crap he was selling.

There are a couple other players that need to move on. Gomer needs to go for anything, even for free. That will save us a ton of money. Subban is a big head case, arrogant ******* who's disappeared this year. Unless I am getting a big young stud back I'm keeping him. I actually think Kostitsyn is playing some of his best hockey this year despite playing on a poor team. If the return is good I would do a trade. I'm not sure trading Plek's is a good idea. He is still one of our better players.

We need tougher guys on defense. Get rid of Gill. He is useless now. Campoli can go fly a kite too. Diaz shows some promise but he's a whimp when it comes to the rough stuff. I don't know what to make of him right now. PG should never have picked up Kaberle. He has put up a few points, but the contract is a killer for the production you get out of him. He's a liability on defense too.

Last edited by LastRide: 01-13-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Charkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
If Bourque can get his head together the trade might end up being ok. We save a few million to land a bigger fish. Cammy was becoming useless. He was horrible defensively, in the corners, and coughs the puck up. The other players have to do all the work to set him up so he can fire the puck wide. I think he's more concerned with golf and the protien crap he was selling.

Thee are a couple other players that need to move on. Gomer needs to go for anything, even for free. That will save us a ton of money. Subban is a big head case, arrogant ******* who's disappeared this year. Unless I am getting a big young stud back I'm keeping him. I actually think Kostitsyn is playing some of his best hockey this year despite playing on a poor team. If the return is good I wpuld do a trade. I'm not sure trading Plek's is a good idea. He is still one of our better players.

We need tougher guys on defense. Get rid of Gill. He is useless now. Campoli can go fly a kite too. Diaz shows some promise but he's a whimp when it comes to the rough stuff. I don't know what to make of him right now. PG should never have picked up Kaberle. He has put up a few points, but the contract is a killer for the production you get out of him. He's a liability on defense too.
Good stuff LastRide

Old
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:

Nothing but gave our org a bad name leauge wide.....

got us to near bottom of standings
So blinded by the PG hate it's so funny.

Oh ya, I remember, Gauthier is lacing them up each game to play!

Yeah, Gauthier fault for Cammalleri having only 1 goal on the PP, Only Gautheir fault for Subban taking dumb penalty & ****ing lobbing the puck center ice everytime. Gauthier fault for Gomez playing like a 3 line center. Gauthier fault for Plekanec having 4 points in his last 14 games. Gauthier fault for the habs unable to score more than 1 goal a night.

Please.

Your just blinded by your hate. Your not a fan.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Great trade for you guys.

Bourque has a cap hit of $3,325,000 and Cammalleri has a cap hit of $6,000,000 so you are already ahead.

Cammalleri didn't want to be there and really has cried his way out of a couple NHL teams.

A second from the Flames will be close to the 40th pick so another win for the Habs.

Great trade all in all.

The only thing strange will be seeing the name Bourque on a Habs jersey, hahaha.

Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkey View Post
Is uiCK Bertrand Raymond

yes, i misheard

Old
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Again,

But when you dress the all smurf team??? It stands out, and you got crazy people thinking he should be a rugged forward ...

nutts.
Just think about it. I mean REALLY reflect hard on this ;

YES Cammalleri's role was to score goals and he wasn't expected to do any physical play.

The Habs have a boatload of players like this ; Gionta, Gomez, Plekanec, Desharnais and on defense Diaz, Campoli and Weber.

MAYBE replacing a weak goal scorer that doesn't score goals with a strong but streaky power forward means we replaced a player of a kind we had too much with a type of player we need. At the same time we shed 3m of salary. Furthermore Bourque at 3m is going to be relatively easy to move should he fail here, there isn't much risk. Can't say the same about Cammalleri at 6m.

And did you REALLY expect Cammalleri to :

A. Be traded for a better sniper (makes no sense because he has low value)
B. Be traded ONLY for picks and prospects (makes no sense because he has a cap hit of 6m and playoff teams are all against the cap)
C. Stay with the Habs so that he could help us in the playoffs (we won't make the playoffs this year, and maybe not next year)

Your obsession on this deal is completely irrational Habaneros, you are blinded by your hate of Gauthier. I'm done here.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Rysmo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Again,

nutts.
Ok, what was Cammalleri's game? Scoring? Bourque has more goals than he does for three straight seasons. Face it, Cammi was going nowhere and fast, at least now we have a guy who will put up a similar goal total, hit more, and give us cap room.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post

YES Cammalleri's role was to score goals and he wasn't expected to do any physical play.

The Habs have a boatload of players like this ; Gionta, Gomez, Plekanec, Desharnais and on defense Diaz, Campoli and Weber.

MAYBE replacing a weak goal scorer that doesn't score goals with a strong but streaky power forward means we replaced a player of a kind we had too much with a type of player we need. At the same time we shed 3m of salary. Furthermore Bourque at 3m is going to be relatively easy to move should he fail here, there isn't much risk. Can't say the same about Cammalleri at 6m.

B. Be traded ONLY for picks and prospects (makes no sense because he has a cap hit of 6m and playoff teams are all against the cap)
C. Stay with the Habs so that he could help us in the playoffs (we won't make the playoffs this year, and maybe not next year)

Your obsession on this deal is completely irrational Habaneros, you are blinded by your hate of Gauthier. I'm done here.
Stop quoting him you are killing the usefulness of my ignore list.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
So blinded by the PG hate it's so funny.

Oh ya, I remember, Gauthier is lacing them up each game to play!

Yeah, Gauthier fault for Cammalleri having only 1 goal on the PP, Only Gautheir fault for Subban taking dumb penalty & ****ing lobbing the puck center ice everytime. Gauthier fault for Gomez playing like a 3 line center. Gauthier fault for Plekanec having 4 points in his last 14 games. Gauthier fault for the habs unable to score more than 1 goal a night.

Please.

Your just blinded by your hate. Your not a fan.

You got to be related to him?

You got NO PP QB and your complaining about Cammy not doing it on PP?

You had Plek as a PP QB and your complaining Cammy couldn't get it done ?

Darche on PP, and Cammy couldn't get it done ...

There is something wrong man .....

Old
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Rysmo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Buddah!

WE GAVE CALGARY a 5th!

They gave us back a 2ND....

we didnt get a PURE 2ND ..

We got the right to move up 3 ROUNDS!!!

That is it ..

Your in a line in 5 spot...i say hey Budda come take my spot in 2nd...You moved up 3 SPOTS..
Your know in 2nd I'm in 5th .

That's all the Habs got for Cammy...JUNK
This was already said, but it's nothing like moving up in a line from 5th to 2nd. It's moving up in a line from #150 to #50. Look back to 2007. We drafted PK Subban in the 2nd round. You know who we took in the 5th? Joe Stejskal.

Yeah, I guess the 2nd is junk. *facepalm*

Old
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
According to hockeyfights.com .. Bourque has one more career fight than Kostitsyn.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post

Just so people know, if you look at capgeek.com it has projected cap space available per team at the deadline, and as of today 28 teams are projected to have more than $2.8 million in cap space at the deadline, Cammy's hit will be around $1.5 roughly as he has $2.7 remaining today. 16 teams also have more than $6 million in cap space 12 of them in or nearly in the playoffs right now.

Closed Thread