HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Busy Week

Old
01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Busy Week

McGrattan is going to be earning his money over the next 8 days. With Philly coming in here on Saturday i would like to see the him set the tone early and show that we are not going to get pushed around by a bigger NE team. Following that we go to NY for two games and complete the week next Saturday at home vs the Hawks.
McGrattan is going to be earning his paycheck this week. (I hope)

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Legionnaire11

Flyers aren't anything close to their reputation anymore. Hartnell is their big tough guy now. Zac Rinaldo if he dresses, at 5'11 180 he's not a heavyweight and his fights last about 5 seconds, and many seem planned and go off in the first minute of a game. He might go with Tootoo if anyone, he's actually a lot like a younger Tootoo, but not as skilled with the fisticuffs.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Busy week for McCrappan? Absolutely. He should be busy writing thank you notes to Trotz and Poile for giving him a job.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Nitrous Mafia

I would rather us just clear the crease after puck freezes and stand up for horns instead of fighting.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think it's going to be a much busier weak for Rinne than for anyone else. It will be entertaining hockey (I hope)

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Flyers aren't anything close to their reputation anymore. Hartnell is their big tough guy now. Zac Rinaldo if he dresses, at 5'11 180 he's not a heavyweight and his fights last about 5 seconds, and many seem planned and go off in the first minute of a game. He might go with Tootoo if anyone, he's actually a lot like a younger Tootoo, but not as skilled with the fisticuffs.
Check out the rosters much older and bigger team than the Preds. I would also say in a poll the Flyers are still regarded as a tough team and more rugged than the Preds. Its going to be a tough week. haha third man Peks is busy every night they play!

Old
01-13-2012, 01:55 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I am not saying Philly is soft, but they aren't exactly the broad street bullies. They have tough guys-Simmonds, Hartnell, Carle, their grinders. But cooter, Schenn, Briere, kimmo, etc are all average to soft

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
NoNecksCurse

this is definitely going to be a stretch where mcgrattan can earn his paycheck.. flyers are 5th in the league in fighting majors, rangers are 1st in fighting majors.. islanders in between those two.. and then 2 games against the bj's and blackhawks alike. we all know those games can get chippy at times. no way we want weber in that mess (see moen, travis or his recent injury).. and then other than weber there is tootoo.. and he has arguably been one of our best forwards for quite a stretch. mcgrattan definitely needs to set the tone if anyone gets out of line during this stretch. especially with the flyers since we will see them less than 3 weeks later in philly.. other than tootoo and weber, this team is incredibly soft.. so i hope to see mcgrattan letting people know often that if anyone doesnt anything suspect, he will be waiting

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
predfan24

Flyers are a skill team. Enforcers are a dying breed. Detroit goes without an enforcer so does Van and Chicago and plenty of other teams. The team is going fine right now. I'd much rather see Bourque on the ice. Hopefully Mcgrattan and Hille stay in the press boxes where they belong

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Legionnaire11

It's so much about perception/reputation. Flyers are not the bullies anymore, Preds are not the smurfs anymore. On the flip side the Flyers aren't "soft" and the Preds aren't "tough"... but both rosters get the job done.

In fact, as often as we assume that the Preds need McGrattan to set the tone against strong teams, I bet those teams assume they need to leave the tough guy at home and focus on the Preds skating game.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
NoNecksCurse

hold on.. isn't smithson out? i thought mcgrattan was a lock to play these next couple of games.. i must have missed his injury update or forgot.

Old
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Klein is not soft. Fisher is not soft. Smithson is not soft. Just cause they're not giants that can push people around does not equate to soft.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Klein is not soft. Fisher is not soft. Smithson is not soft. Just cause they're not giants that can push people around does not equate to soft.
agree that they are not "soft" but still. smithson i would qualify as soft.. fisher and klein probably not.

Old
01-13-2012, 03:25 PM
zellthemedic

I would like to point out that I see Fisher topping the hits chart a lot, so he's not exactly a softie.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:41 PM
NoNecksCurse

just because you hit doesn't mean you're not soft..

Old
01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
NoNecksCurse

and since were on hitting..

NSH is 29th in the NHL in hits with 756 and 30th (last) in hits per game at 17.6..

i am in no way saying that makes us the softest team in the league. just bringing up a statistic after the fisher hits comment

Old
01-13-2012, 04:04 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
this is definitely going to be a stretch where mcgrattan can earn his paycheck.. flyers are 5th in the league in fighting majors, rangers are 1st in fighting majors.. islanders in between those two.. and then 2 games against the bj's and blackhawks alike. we all know those games can get chippy at times. no way we want weber in that mess (see moen, travis or his recent injury).. and then other than weber there is tootoo.. and he has arguably been one of our best forwards for quite a stretch. mcgrattan definitely needs to set the tone if anyone gets out of line during this stretch. especially with the flyers since we will see them less than 3 weeks later in philly.. other than tootoo and weber, this team is incredibly soft.. so i hope to see mcgrattan letting people know often that if anyone doesnt anything suspect, he will be waiting
Exactly no neck. People can twist it anyway they want. Fact is the Preds have a tough bunch to go up against here in the next eight days. I will be looking for MG to do what he was brought here to do and hope we come out of the week in one piece.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:38 PM
predfan24

Quote:
agree that they are not "soft" but still. smithson i would qualify as soft.. fisher and klein probably not.
Smithson isn't one to drop the gloves but he is far from soft. He is one of the grittiest players on the roster. He takes the body and battles a long the boards physically

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Detroit hasn't had an enforcer in years and they're never considered soft.

Want to set the tone against Philly? Score goals. Outside of Hartnell, (injured) Pronger and Rinaldo/Shelley there's not much on the enforcing end to... you know, enforce.

McGrattan should just be in Milwaukee right now looking after the kids.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Smilidon

Quote:
just because you hit doesn't mean you're not soft..
Just because you punch the other teams captian in a playoff game.

Smilidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Should be a great game between these 2 teams. Philly not as " tough " without Pronger and Marchant in the line up, but do not underestimate them! Still tough and really skilled!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:39 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

As someone else already mentioned, isn't Smithson still out? If so, McGrattan is in anyways right?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote