HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Holland

Old
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
From the link/comment thread:

Quote:
WhiskeySeven -1 points 1 hour ago
You gotta have more balls than that man. You're in the A next year with a chance at the bigs. Come on, grab it.
Welcome to the Land of High Expectations, Patrick!

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
So down to earth and takes the time to chat with people. Hard not to like the guy.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by twochromic View Post
All right: I'm out here in Tri-City, Washington (ex MTL, many years ago!) and I've been watching Holland play here for a bit over three years in the WHL. The team is #1 in the CHL right now.

He's developed into a leader, and is a speedy kid, able to carry the puck well out of his own end, and through the defenders. This year he has 17 goals and 40 assists. Makes accurate passes, and occasionally even mixes it up!

Sad to hear how badly the Canadiens are being managed right now, but you're getting an excellent prospect. Will he be good in the NHL? Who knows, but he has all the tools to be a solid player.

There's 2 other Tri-City players on the Montreal roster right now: one named Price, and one named G***z. I think Holly's attitudes match more with Price than the other!
Where did you hear such nonsense?

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:19 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show

Patrick Holland is number 9 in the WHL scoring, 2 spots up on Brenden Gallager

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
So down to earth and takes the time to chat with people. Hard not to like the guy.
Seeing his responses on ****** and twitter makes me really want to root for the guy. He seems really genuine.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Hammerklavier
Can you still drop back to r/hockey every once in a while after you get called up?

[–]patrickhollandwhl[S]
It's not very likely that I ever make the NHL, but I'll do my best and if I ever do I'll be sure to redo this AMA.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:57 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

He's a very similar player to Michael Bournival - at least in the 3-4 games I've seen him play.

Good defensively, smart player, some offensive upside, and quick.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:35 AM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
[–]patrickhollandwhl[S]
It's not very likely that I ever make the NHL, but I'll do my best and if I ever do I'll be sure to redo this AMA.
It's official. Bust.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:42 AM
twochromic

Quote:
Where did you hear such nonsense?
I was hanging around a Rooskie web-board. Habs are all the rage in Chelyabinsk.

twochromic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:02 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Hammerklavier
Can you still drop back to r/hockey every once in a while after you get called up?

[–]patrickhollandwhl[S]
Inspiring.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Hammerklavier

[–]patrickhollandwhl[S]
Loser mentality....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Loser mentality....
this proves Cammy right..

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:49 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Inspiring.
It's the truth, how many guys in the late rounds ever make the NHL and if they do ever have a huge impact? Sure there are the Datsyuk's of world but for everyone of him there are 28 other guys from the same round in the draft that never touch NHL ice.

I really hope this kid will be an exception and be useful to the habs one day but I am not holding my breath.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
It's the truth, how many guys in the late rounds ever make the NHL and if they do ever have a huge impact? Sure there are the Datsyuk's of world but for everyone of him there are 28 other guys from the same round in the draft that never touch NHL ice.

I really hope this kid will be an exception and be useful to the habs one day but I am not holding my breath.
by the sound of it neither is he.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Hammerklavier

[–]patrickhollandwhl[S]
From what I remember of him and from what my colleagues told me of him, he is a good kid, smart kid and one who's living a dream. Hockey is plan A, but he's always been smart enough to have a plan B somewhere in his brain. I say he does play for the Habs someday, that's if he can sign a contract before the draft.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Kjell Dahlin

"… Amateur scouts I talked to said Holland is by no means a can't-miss prospect. None suggested he's a potential top six NHL forward but many said he does have a legitimate chance to play in the NHL as a solid third- or fourth-liner..."

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=384950

Thus far, I like his progression.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:57 AM
WestIslander

This kid will be a third line player in the NHL as per Bob McKenzie.

So, Holland might be a Maxime Lapierre type player with more skill to score goals and setup other players.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
This kid will be a third line player in the NHL as per Bob McKenzie.

So, Holland might be a Maxime Lapierre type player with more skill to score goals and setup other players.
Way to make stuff up.

He said he's talked to amateur scouts and the feeling is that he could become a solid third or fourth line player. McKenzie didn't have his own opinion.

However, from what I've seen, like I said before, he's very comparable to Michael Bournival.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Leo Getz

All the Swayze on twitter. This is a kid that is after my own heart. New favourite member of the Montreal Canadiens.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Way to make stuff up.

He said he's talked to amateur scouts and the feeling is that he could become a solid third or fourth line player. McKenzie didn't have his own opinion.

However, from what I've seen, like I said before, he's very comparable to Michael Bournival.
So you noticed that too huh?

"BOB MCKENZIE SAYS HES A LEGIT NHLER DERP DEE DERP"

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

I have scouted and written about Patrick Holland for HF before changing to write about the Habs prospects. Here's my take on Holland.

This young kid was a 7th round pick and has improved his game every year in junior. He has the speed, quick and smooth skating style while being very strong on his skates for his light weight but also has offensive skill to play with the better players and is very solid defensively. The two-way forward can play all the forward positions, is a playmaker with a quick release and can play the power play and excels on the penalty kill. He was a one of Tri-city's best penalty killers in his first three seasons and has continued to improve even more this season. Holland has slowly move up the line-up into the Top-six over the last two seasons. He has shown the most improvement in his total overall game for the Flames' prospects. Before Calgary drafted him, in his rookie WHL season, Holland was asked to play his off-wing(he's a right-hand shot) for the entire season and really impressed his coaches and the Flames' scouts as it is rare that a Junior coach will put a rookie in that spot.

Holland did attend the Summer camp for Team Canada Juniors and was not out of place one bit. He started slowly this season for Tri-city as he learned to shed the more intense checking that was put on him this year. He was flying under the radar the past few seasons as he was just not flashy and seemed to go unnoticed by other teams but seemed to always be on the score sheet somehow at the end of the game.

Holland played on the top line for the Flames with Sven Baertschi and Max Reinhart in the Young prospect tournament against the Oilers and Canucks. He was never out of place speed wise, covered defensively for them most of the time while setting them up for goals and burying most of his chances. This kid can do it all so he's not going to be a liability if he's not scoring and he's has an edge to his game, will drive the net hard and is not intimidated by anyone on the ice. He put on 15lbs over the past summer and continues to gain weight with muscle mass this season.

In my opinion, Patrick Holland should make the NHL and could be a Plekanec type player quite easily. He will be the sleeper in this trade even if Rammo decides to come back to the NHL which is quite doubtful. That's my two cents.

David Thicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
I have scouted and written about Patrick Holland for HF before changing to write about the Habs prospects. Here's my take on Holland.

This young kid was a 7th round pick and has improved his game every year in junior. He has the speed, quick and smooth skating style while being very strong on his skates for his light weight but also has offensive skill to play with the better players and is very solid defensively. The two-way forward can play all the forward positions, is a playmaker with a quick release and can play the power play and excels on the penalty kill. He was a one of Tri-city's best penalty killers in his first three seasons and has continued to improve even more this season. Holland has slowly move up the line-up into the Top-six over the last two seasons. He has shown the most improvement in his total overall game for the Flames' prospects. Before Calgary drafted him, in his rookie WHL season, Holland was asked to play his off-wing(he's a right-hand shot) for the entire season and really impressed his coaches and the Flames' scouts as it is rare that a Junior coach will put a rookie in that spot.

Holland did attend the Summer camp for Team Canada Juniors and was not out of place one bit. He started slowly this season for Tri-city as he learned to shed the more intense checking that was put on him this year. He was flying under the radar the past few seasons as he was just not flashy and seemed to go unnoticed by other teams but seemed to always be on the score sheet somehow at the end of the game.

Holland played on the top line for the Flames with Sven Baertschi and Max Reinhart in the Young prospect tournament against the Oilers and Canucks. He was never out of place speed wise, covered defensively for them most of the time while setting them up for goals and burying most of his chances. This kid can do it all so he's not going to be a liability if he's not scoring and he's has an edge to his game, will drive the net hard and is not intimidated by anyone on the ice. He put on 15lbs over the past summer and continues to gain weight with muscle mass this season.

In my opinion, Patrick Holland should make the NHL and could be a Plekanec type player quite easily. He will be the sleeper in this trade even if Rammo decides to come back to the NHL which is quite doubtful. That's my two cents.
Sounds good.

I hope he's gonna have a bit more impact than Pyatt or Maxwell.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:00 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Holland

That's a cool name

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:07 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Wow thx for the amazing report!!! Lots of positives!!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
That may be laying it on a little thicke. ;-)

Grant McCagg is online now   Reply With Quote