HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Schneider Available???

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2012, 11:16 AM
  #1
BJFan1
Registered User
 
BJFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Schneider Available???

I saw this on the Trade Thread boards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Even tho most people already assumed this, Bob just said on Insider Trading that....

"Vancouver Canucks are getting significant offers for Cory Schneider. " - Bob McKenzie.

Chances canucks trade him at the deadline = slim, but you never know.

My question becomes... I believe he is a RFA at the end of the season. If the Canucks are thinking of moving him for some more fire power going into the playoffs, is there a chance the CBJ could make an offer at him to try and resign him as our #1 moving forward??? Do people still feel he can be a legitimate #1 goaltender???

I was curious how other CBJ fans felt about this as I did not see many CBJ responses in that thread... but here's an idea...

What kind of offer would the CBJ throw at them???

BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:17 PM
  #2
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
I saw this on the Trade Thread boards...




My question becomes... I believe he is a RFA at the end of the season. If the Canucks are thinking of moving him for some more fire power going into the playoffs, is there a chance the CBJ could make an offer at him to try and resign him as our #1 moving forward??? Do people still feel he can be a legitimate #1 goaltender???

I was curious how other CBJ fans felt about this as I did not see many CBJ responses in that thread... but here's an idea...

What kind of offer would the CBJ throw at them???
I think that if the Canucks trade him, it will be for more than Columbus is willing to give up. Also, if the Canucks trade him, it means they feel that Luongo can take them to a cup.

It will be interesting to see what they do because if they keep Schneider, I would have to think that Luongo will be available in the offseason.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
  #3
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
When I saw the thread I first thought it was about Mathieu Schneider

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
  #4
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
When I saw the thread I first thought it was about Mathieu Schneider
Or


__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
  #5
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Here we go again. Not that I want to add nothing of value, but I am. I'm not going to speculate on this. Unless the offer is too good for them to refuse there is no reason to move him. At that price, I don't want him.

Van has no cap space to work with an he makes little money. That makes the return in the form of picks or prospects, unless it's part of a bigger deal.

Not to mention Van would have to replace him.

I don't get the obsession with people thinking Van wants to move him (or has to).

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
  #6
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Or

Ah, memory lane

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
  #7
CrazyCanucks
Registered User
 
CrazyCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: India
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Here we go again. Not that I want to add nothing of value, but I am. I'm not going to speculate on this. Unless the offer is too good for them to refuse there is no reason to move him. At that price, I don't want him.

Van has no cap space to work with an he makes little money. That makes the return in the form of picks or prospects, unless it's part of a bigger deal.

Not to mention Van would have to replace him.

I don't get the obsession with people thinking Van wants to move him (or has to).
Half of the city wants the Canucks to keep him as the new starter and trade Luongo.

I think the Gilles can set a high price for him as he knows that he can fetch a good return back. It would have to include someone significant back, as they are in Cup win mode right now for the next 2-3 years.
The Salary cap issues they can work around. Ballard is not playing right now and he is eating up 4 million on the cap right now, so I think he would be involved in some sort of transaction with someone. Or he could just be sent to the minors and his cap hit is then gone.

I don’t know what on the CBJ the Canucks would need. If there was a player on the CBJ, someone like Carter to shore up the top 6 would be ideal.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
  #8
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Half of the city wants the Canucks to keep him as the new starter and trade Luongo.
Not one person has given me a good reason why a cap starved team wants to get rid of an ELC goalie that can start at the NHL on a Cup contending team.

I can see Luongo as it offers as cost savings and you can get a backup easily enough.

But you aren't getting another Schneider for less than 1 million.

You are competing for a Cup and you can trade him this off season just as easily as you can now.

You guys are inventing trades and needs that don't exist. There is zero reason to change up your mix right now. Someone like Cater to shore up your top six? What the hell kind of hole you going to create with that move? Luongo is about it and I'm not sure you can move that contract.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  #9
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,128
vCash: 50
Can't think of any good reason to trade significant assets for a very unproven goalie that gets to play behind one of the leagues best defenses.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
  #10
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
When I saw the thread I first thought it was about Mathieu Schneider
Me too

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:08 PM
  #11
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,783
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Here we go again. Not that I want to add nothing of value, but I am. I'm not going to speculate on this. Unless the offer is too good for them to refuse there is no reason to move him. At that price, I don't want him.

Van has no cap space to work with an he makes little money. That makes the return in the form of picks or prospects, unless it's part of a bigger deal.

Not to mention Van would have to replace him.

I don't get the obsession with people thinking Van wants to move him (or has to).
Not sure about right now but going into the season, they were high on Eddie Lack. I think they're comfortable for him to slide into the backup role in the NHL if need be.

That Canucks fan mentioned adding Ballard into the deal to make a trade work if they were getting high priced players in return. I don't want any part of him, even if it means getting Schneider.

I know you have to give to get and I wouldn't but would anyone trade Ryan Johansen for Schneider? I could see them asking for him because he is a Vancouver native.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:28 PM
  #12
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Not sure about right now but going into the season, they were high on Eddie Lack. I think they're comfortable for him to slide into the backup role in the NHL if need be.

That Canucks fan mentioned adding Ballard into the deal to make a trade work if they were getting high priced players in return. I don't want any part of him, even if it means getting Schneider.

I know you have to give to get and I wouldn't but would anyone trade Ryan Johansen for Schneider? I could see them asking for him because he is a Vancouver native.
I would not want to trade a high-end center prospect for an unproven goalie (or maybe even a proven one!).

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 02:26 AM
  #13
CrazyCanucks
Registered User
 
CrazyCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: India
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I would not want to trade a high-end center prospect for an unproven goalie (or maybe even a proven one!).
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:05 AM
  #14
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,783
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
Maybe unproven=never played a full season as a starter in the NHL.

A lot of the fans think that Schneider's play/numbers is based on playing on a elite team. They feel if he was playing in Columbus, his numbers wouldn't be as great. Which is may or may not be true.

I think they would be willing to trade something good for a proven goalie(Miller,Ward,heck, maybe even Luongo) but not someone young(Schneider,Bernier,Lehner). Mind you the 3 proven goalies have NTC. Is Luongo's a complete 100% NTC or is it limited to a list of teams/doesn't kick in until the future? My dream is to get Jacob Markstrom but he's Florida's future number 1 goalie and yes he's young and unproven but I like him and would give a lot to land him.

I would offer a contract to Vokoun and see if he takes it. He's getting up their in age so a nice final retirement contract might entice him to sign here. Word from the fans here said that Vokoun did state he would move to Ohio when he retires. Think Dublin, Ohio, not sure how far apart the two cities are. I would then somehow move Mason and bring in a younger goalie to be the backup so he can learn and take over Vokoun when he retires.

It's to bad St Louis is in the same division as Columbus. The way Elliot is playing, I wonder if they would trade Halak. Also, Elliot is a UFA after this season, I would not want Columbus to go after him.


Last edited by punk_o_holic: 01-14-2012 at 03:15 AM.
punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 04:43 AM
  #15
CrazyCanucks
Registered User
 
CrazyCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: India
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Maybe unproven=never played a full season as a starter in the NHL.

A lot of the fans think that Schneider's play/numbers is based on playing on a elite team. They feel if he was playing in Columbus, his numbers wouldn't be as great. Which is may or may not be true.

I think they would be willing to trade something good for a proven goalie(Miller,Ward,heck, maybe even Luongo) but not someone young(Schneider,Bernier,Lehner). Mind you the 3 proven goalies have NTC. Is Luongo's a complete 100% NTC or is it limited to a list of teams/doesn't kick in until the future? My dream is to get Jacob Markstrom but he's Florida's future number 1 goalie and yes he's young and unproven but I like him and would give a lot to land him.

I would offer a contract to Vokoun and see if he takes it. He's getting up their in age so a nice final retirement contract might entice him to sign here. Word from the fans here said that Vokoun did state he would move to Ohio when he retires. Think Dublin, Ohio, not sure how far apart the two cities are. I would then somehow move Mason and bring in a younger goalie to be the backup so he can learn and take over Vokoun when he retires.

It's to bad St Louis is in the same division as Columbus. The way Elliot is playing, I wonder if they would trade Halak. Also, Elliot is a UFA after this season, I would not want Columbus to go after him.
Do you watch any Canuck games, or just Oil and CBJ? If so, you must have seen him play at some point, and what do you think of his play? Would you say most CBJ fans that say they dont want Schneider because he is unproven dont want to be stuck with another Mason?

How did you become a fan of both those teams and not the Nucks?
Why would Vokun retire to Ohio? Family?

Here's a list of UFA Goalies, slim pickings.... Trade route and paying a hefty price is probably the only way to get a good goalie for next year... Howson or whoever takes over needs to make the G priority #1. You cant go into a 4th year with Mason. He is done.

Huet, Cristobal » G CHI 36 $5,625,000 2012 (UFA)
Brodeur, Martin » G NJD 39 $5,200,000 2012 (UFA)
Roloson, Dwayne » G TBL 42 $3,500,000 2012 (UFA)
Niittymaki, Antero » G SAN 31 $2,000,000 2012 (UFA)
Mason, Chris » G WIN 35 $1,850,000 2012 (UFA)
Leighton, Michael » G PHI 30 $1,550,000 2012 (UFA)
Vokoun, Tomas » G WAS 35 $1,500,000 2012 (UFA)
Ellis, Dan » G ANA 31 $1,500,000 2012 (UFA)
Gustavsson, Jonas » G TOR 27 $1,350,000 2012 (UFA)
Hedberg, Johan » G NJD 38 $1,250,000 2012 (UFA)
Clemmensen, Scott » G FLA 34 $1,200,000 2012 (UFA)
Auld, Alex » G OTT 31 $1,000,000 2012 (UFA)
Biron, Martin » G NYR 34 $875,000 2012 (UFA)
Backlund, Johan » G PHI 30 $800,000 2012 (UFA)
Conklin, Ty » G DET 35 $750,000 2012 (UFA)
Harding, Josh » G MIN 27 $750,000 2012 (UFA)
Raycroft, Andrew » G DAL 31 $650,000 2012 (UFA)
Danis, Yann » G EDM 30 $650,000 2012 (UFA)
McElhinney, Curtis » G PHO 28 $625,000 2012 (UFA)
Montoya, Al » G NYI 26 $601,000 2012 (UFA)
Elliott, Brian » G STL 26 $600,000 2012 (UFA)
Sanford, Curtis » G CLB 32 $600,000 2012 (UFA)
Johnson, Brent » G PIT 34 $600,000 2012 (UFA)
Emery, Ray » G CHI 29 $600,000 2012 (UFA)
Nabokov, Evgeni » G NYI 36 $570,000 2012 (UFA)
Lawson, Nathan » G MTL 28 $550,000 2012 (UFA)
McKenna, Mike » G OTT 28 $550,000 2012 (UFA)
Leggio, David » G BUF 27 $525,000 2012 (UFA)
Sabourin, Dany » G WAS 31 $525,000 2012 (UFA)
Bacashihua, Jason » G PHI 29 $525,000 2012 (UFA)
Munroe, Scott » G PIT 29 $525,000 2012 (UFA)
Climie, Matt » G VAN 28 $525,000 2012 (UFA)
Mannino, Peter » G WIN 27 $525,000 2012 (UFA)
MacIntyre, Drew » G BUF 28 $525,000 2012 (UFA)

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:04 AM
  #16
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Not sure about right now but going into the season, they were high on Eddie Lack. I think they're comfortable for him to slide into the backup role in the NHL if need be.
Yeah, that's what you do on a legitimate chance for the puck, trade who might be the better goalie and remove your goal tending depth.

If they are going to consider moving him, I don't see it until the end of the year when they start looking at his new contract. At that point they might try and move Luongo first.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:39 AM
  #17
Friedrich
This is not my hat.
 
Friedrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salzburg
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
He said he didn't want to trade a very high-valued center prospect for a goalie. Not that he wouldn't trade for a goalie at all.


I like the Vokun idea. Plus we have a lot of money coming off the cap next year.

It baffles me how we traded or lost to UFA our two best defensive defensemen (not that that says much) and replace both of them with.... Martinek. I was never for trading Klesla especially. Now he's 1-7-8 +5 in 38 games. Halfway through our miserable season last year he was 3-7-10 +10. I think he would have complimented Wiz nicely.

Anyway, I agree with Blah. It doesn't make any sense that Van would trade Schneider, especially at the deadline when he's RFA and they're making a run. It would make more sense to wait until the end of the season and trade Luongo.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:36 AM
  #18
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
As punk said, he's unproven because he has 50 starts in the NHL and never more than 25 in a season. And, as Bugg pointed out, I don't object to trading for Schnieder, only to giving up Johansen for him. Sure, I'd like to have a winner with a strong work ethic in goal; but I really have no idea if he'd be better than Mason on this team. Well, that's not true, I'm fairly sure he couldn't be worse, but that's not enough to inspire such a trade for me. Others, I'm sure, will differ.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:47 AM
  #19
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
As punk said, he's unproven because he has 50 starts in the NHL and never more than 25 in a season. And, as Bugg pointed out, I don't object to trading for Schnieder, only to giving up Johansen for him. Sure, I'd like to have a winner with a strong work ethic in goal; but I really have no idea if he'd be better than Mason on this team. Well, that's not true, I'm fairly sure he couldn't be worse, but that's not enough to inspire such a trade for me. Others, I'm sure, will differ.
We have become so jaded.

Now that we've gotten over Mason, Commodore, Wiz, et al, is there ANY player or coach we will place our trust in? (I mean, besides a non-concussed Crosby)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:54 AM
  #20
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
We have become so jaded.
True enough. It's pretty hard to resist, for even the most optimistic among us.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:19 AM
  #21
GScott
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
Funny thing is much of the same was said 3 years ago about another goalie. In fact he went on to win the Calder. How has that worked out? As many have said Schneider is unproven because he has yet to be "the guy" and play an entire season. Mason played better and for a longer stretch only to crumble under the pressure of being the franchise goalie. No guarantee Schneider will fare any better.

With that said there is no way I would trade Johansen or the #1 pick for Schneider or any other goalie. A serviceable goalie can be had during free agency. With a competent defense the CBJ do not need an elite goal tender and I certainly wouldn't give up what little offense they have to get one.

GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:37 AM
  #22
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
I think maybe there isn't clarity on the point at hand....It's not about not wanting Schneider (if it is, those people are crazy), it's about not giving up a player like Johansen to get him. Have you seen the difference in defense play between the two teams (and I'm not just talking the 6 defensemen although there is a huge discrepancy there too). I'm sure Schneider would help maks some of our significant defensive difficiencies, however, it is only one piece. The other is having a future franchise Center which many of us believe Johansen will be.

Two independent things here. Yes to Schneider, no to moving Johansen from this fans perspective.

Xoggz22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
  #23
CrazyCanucks
Registered User
 
CrazyCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: India
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I think maybe there isn't clarity on the point at hand....It's not about not wanting Schneider (if it is, those people are crazy), it's about not giving up a player like Johansen to get him. Have you seen the difference in defense play between the two teams (and I'm not just talking the 6 defensemen although there is a huge discrepancy there too). I'm sure Schneider would help maks some of our significant defensive difficiencies, however, it is only one piece. The other is having a future franchise Center which many of us believe Johansen will be.

Two independent things here. Yes to Schneider, no to moving Johansen from this fans perspective.
So what would be a good goalie to focus in on? Going back to the UFA list I posted earlier, there is not a whole lot out there. Either they are all older, like 34 and above, or career backups. Ray Emery is only 29, and he has proven to be a good goalie in the past. Other than that, not sure if Nabakov day's are past him or not, but he would be the other ok looking one.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:53 PM
  #24
v3rs3
Registered User
 
v3rs3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Think Dublin, Ohio, not sure how far apart the two cities are.
Dublin is a suburb of Columbus.

v3rs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:55 PM
  #25
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
So what would be a good goalie to focus in on? Going back to the UFA list I posted earlier, there is not a whole lot out there. Either they are all older, like 34 and above, or career backups. Ray Emery is only 29, and he has proven to be a good goalie in the past. Other than that, not sure if Nabakov day's are past him or not, but he would be the other ok looking one.
I think Schneider would be great. I like several other "backups" ready to start - maybe Lidback, Enroth, Holtby and I'm sure there are a few others. I'd like to see what Dekanich offers when healthy. I just don't think Johanssen is the price to give up. I would move Carter before Johanssen if we had to.

Xoggz22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.