HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is untouchable?

View Poll Results: Who do you not want traded?
Matt Read 37 48.68%
Brayden Schenn 59 77.63%
Wayne Simmonds 20 26.32%
Jakub Voracek 40 52.63%
James Van Riemsdyk 26 34.21%
Matt Carle 5 6.58%
Marc-Andre Bourdon 4 5.26%
Erik Gustafsson 7 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-13-2012, 08:02 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
No one on this poll, or even this team.
So who would you trade Giroux for?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
achdumeingute

Schenn, Voracek, and Simmonds on this list.

It would have to be a great deal to get one of these guys IMO, lopsided.

Schenn and Voracek have the talent, and Simmonds has been our best forward the last 2 weeks...and he plays HARD every shift. I'm excited to see what he becomes in 2 more years...I do hope he's able to put some weight on that body.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
No one on this poll, or even this team.
I consider G a true "Franchise" player who is just getting into his prime years. But I guess you do not have the same opinion.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
i think there are untouchable people

i'm pretty sure richards and carter were traded because they refused to play in laviolette's system and because we needed goaltending

i would bet money that giroux and couturier never get traded unless their performance becomes much worse, who could we possibly get that's worth giroux?
You are proving my point with this post... Richards was signed for a dozen more seasons and then Carter was signed for a decade or so, each with NTC that would have kicked in upon their being allowed under the Current CBA... They were when signed believed to be here for the duration, unless circumstances changed and changed the Organization's minds. Circumstances changed... whether to get a goalie, them not fitting in with Lavy's System, or anything else... and they were gone.

Presently Giroux and Couturier... and more than likely other players... are probably believed by the Flyers to be the core of the future, and Giroux and JvR have nice extensions in place. Circumstances in the future could change the Flyers minds... they could be given an offer that they couldn't refuse in a package deal that would make the Flyers better going forward --what if a young Prongeresque D-man was offered for Couts?... What if The Bolts offered Stamkos and St. Louie for Giroux and Voracek? -- The point I'm making that I don't think there is a person on here who thought BOTH #17 AND #18 would be traded and there would be near a dozen rookies on the roster this season.

I stand by my belief that no one is untouchable... I would NOT have said that at this point last year.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:39 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
I don't think any of those listed are untouchable.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:38 PM
EagleFlyer

Only Matt Read

As for the rest - have at'em!

EagleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Couturier Post

Read should be untouchable as he could be a 25-30 goal scorer signed for near league minimum for 3 years, which is pretty damn valuable to a team up against the cap.
All other players on the list could be moved in the right circumstances.

Couturier Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:43 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturier Post View Post
Read should be untouchable as he could be a 25-30 goal scorer signed for near league minimum for 3 years, which is pretty damn valuable to a team up against the cap.
All other players on the list could be moved in the right circumstances.
people hate read because he's 25, apparently if you do well at age 25 it's too late to mean anything

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
people hate read because he's 25, apparently if you do well at age 25 it's too late to mean anything
Im probably Read's biggest fan on here (been pumping him up since I saw him play his first AHL game. Was one of the few people who said he was going to make the team out of camp) but I dont think he is untouchable. I wont be too happy if he is traded, for I do think a player who can score goals, put up some points and be one of the teams best defensive players (I dont think anyone would disagree there. Couturier and him (along with Talbot) are probably the teams best). He is also making just 900k where his value towards the team is more than trade wise.

That being said, I think the word untouchable is thrown around way to much. The only guy I think is untouchable is Giroux. Next to him, I think, would be Couturier. To watch a 19 yr old play like he is already a vet in the league is hard to come by nowadays. That along with him being the team's best defensive player at a young age (and with his offensive skill) I think he going to be solid in a few years.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Toews Not that I'd do it now, but if such a trade happened I wouldn't oppose to it.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:41 AM
ELab2

None of them are untouchable, or even particularly close to it. I am least likely to trade Voracek followed by JVR but I would trade either in the right deal.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:42 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Toews Not that I'd do it now, but if such a trade happened I wouldn't oppose to it.
I wouldn't do this.

And if it did happen, I would object strongly until he either changes the spelling of his name to T-A-V-E-S or changes the pronunciation of his name to how it is spelled... TOES (like the ones on your feet).

If he agreed to change the spelling or pronunciation, I would only mildly object.

Also, his contract is only 1 year longer than Giroux's and is pretty much 2x the cap hit... pass on that. Just not good value for G IMO.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Couturier Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im probably Read's biggest fan on here (been pumping him up since I saw him play his first AHL game. Was one of the few people who said he was going to make the team out of camp) but I dont think he is untouchable. I wont be too happy if he is traded, for I do think a player who can score goals, put up some points and be one of the teams best defensive players (I dont think anyone would disagree there. Couturier and him (along with Talbot) are probably the teams best). He is also making just 900k where his value towards the team is more than trade wise.
His salary only has value trade-wise if we were trading him to another cap-ceiling team. If, for example, were we trading for a #1 defenceman from Nashville (take your pick who) he wouldn't be that valuable as an asset as the Preds are near the cap floor.

Couturier Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I wouldn't do this.

And if it did happen, I would object strongly until he either changes the spelling of his name to T-A-V-E-S or changes the pronunciation of his name to how it is spelled... TOES (like the ones on your feet).

If he agreed to change the spelling or pronunciation, I would only mildly object.

Also, his contract is only 1 year longer than Giroux's and is pretty much 2x the cap hit... pass on that. Just not good value for G IMO.
Yeah, I agree, it's his cap hit that's the reason for me saying I wouldn't do it at the moment. But I meant more in general, since in a couple of years I'm pretty sure Giroux is going to get paid a lot more.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Kaktus*

How come Bryzgalov was not included?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:18 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I consider G a true "Franchise" player who is just getting into his prime years. But I guess you do not have the same opinion.
Whoever can win us a cup. I care about the logo on the front, not the name on the back.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
How come Bryzgalov was not included?

he won't get traded because nobody would want him

Quote:
Whoever can win us a cup. I care about the logo on the front, not the name on the back.
well that's dumb, sports would be extremely boring if you didn't care about the players at all

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
well that's dumb, sports would be extremely boring if you didn't care about the players at all
I care if our players do well; but I care more about winning . I guess we don't think alike, and since we don't think alike it must be dumb....

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote