HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks 5 Oilers 0 (Its the fan's fault)

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2012, 11:33 PM
dixs35

vCash: 50
Classic Renneyism; "I don't know if we know how to stand up for themselves"

Renny is starting to sound quite similar to MacT in his last year hear.

Old
dobiezeke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
There were many references made in the third period to how discouraged the Oiler players looked . Didn't stop them from talking up the brilliant game they felt the Ducks played .

I only heard one reference to the empty seats . They said something like - don't think these seats were empty all night its just that some fans have given up early tonight . It was the twentieth straight sellout in Edmonton tonight but you have to wonder how long the faithful will stay patient .

Said he didn't know Beauchemin throws lefts . Also said - "I'm not the kind of guy who studies fights so I don't how tough guys are " .
Gagner went on to say "I asked Eager if he ever had the same problem in his fights, and all I got back was a blank stare"...

Old
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Does Tambellini even watch the games? I've never seen the camera cut to a shot of him watching the game in the press box. Seen every other GM watching the games except for our own...

Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
The first 14 games were clearly a mirage. There were many of us on this board waiting for the wheels to fall off and they did.

Its not a coincidence that losing and bad luck hang out together.
They are synonymous.
Khabi was unconscious; they were probably outshot in every one of those games.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
The first 14 games were clearly a mirage. There were many of us on this board waiting for the wheels to fall off and they did.

Its not a coincidence that losing and bad luck hang out together.
They are synonymous.
I think most of us knew it wasn't going to last. However, I don't think anyone thought it would get this bad. Statistically we're on par with those seasons but the record is inflated by a hot start. This season is much worse than last season and the only reason why it's not as bad as 2009-10 is because I don't have to watch Patrick O'Sullivan embarrass himself every shift.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
OntOilFan

Loss for words. Numb. Don't care. Good night.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
I would encourage everyone to support the Oil Kings. Good hockey, good team, very entertaining. Really good bang for the buck. They play Kootenay tomorrow night at 7pm. And the Hanson brothers are going to be there.

Old
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Welp, missed the game and it seems like a good thing that i did.

Any positivity that i was feeling about the team is officially gone and it seemed like i was one of few that was clinging on to that positivity. Well i give up, it's back to apathetically cheering for this bunch YET AGAIN!!!!!!
The sad thing is that the recent injuries will be enough of an excuse to buy these morons at least another year.

If anybody wanted to jump ship and stop supporting the team, i wouldn't blame them one bit. I will still watch the games when i can because i'm a glutton for punishment like most Oiler fans are but wouldn't be surprised if a big group of fans jumps ship.

This goes beyond just losing games, this is an infectious disease that this organization can't seem to recover from. I don't what else to say, i'm just really depressed about this whole situation, for all the other loyal Oil fans that have stuck with this team through all this crap and the players like Gagner and the kids who actually give a damn and deserve so much better.

Old
Thrill22
Feelin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I think the quote after the game was something along the lines of "I didn't know he was a lefty"

Either way. I doubt he regrets it. At least someone other than Hall is stepping up.
I know a few of the girls in the Oil front office... they better be over the boards throwin em before Hall ever does again

Old
01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev

vCash: 1722
so, who's up for the "Skills Competition" tomorrow? lol

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I would encourage everyone to support the Oil Kings. Good hockey, good team, very entertaining. Really good bang for the buck. They play Kootenay tomorrow night at 7pm. And the Hanson brothers are going to be there.
Damn right.

Unfortunately, you're also supporting the Oilers by buying a ticket.

Old
hockeyaddict101

Really don't know what to say. No passion, no drive. No response after Gagner's fight.

For the first time I found myself feeling sorry for Taylor Hall, who was trying to the very end.

I believe Gagner has more fights than Eager does this year.

Wow!

Old
SephF
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post

Old
01-13-2012, 11:37 PM
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Does Tambellini even watch the games? I've never seen the camera cut to a shot of him watching the game in the press box. Seen every other GM watching the games except for our own...
He's too busy googling yakupov, grigorenko, and murray

Old
Psychoil

This is getting hard to watch.....man...it just hurts.

Urgh, hard finding words right now....sometimes i just go to my xbox, play on my oilers dynasty and win just so i can feel what its like to win something.....sad i know

Old
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill22 View Post
I know a few of the girls in the Oil front office... they better be over the boards throwin em before Hall ever does again
I'm not talking about just fighting. Night after night he's the team's best player. He's "stepping up" by carrying the team on his back.

Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Welp, missed the game and it seems like a good thing that i did.

Any positivity that i was feeling about the team is officially gone.
The sad thing is that the recent injuries will be enough of an excuse to buy these morons at least another year.

If anybody wanted to jump ship and stop supporting the team, i wouldn't blame them one bit. I will still watch the games when i can because i'm a glutton for punishment like most Oiler fans are but wouldn't be surprised if a big group of fans jumps ship.

This goes beyond just losing games, this is an infectious disease that this organization can't seem to recover from. I don't what else to say, i'm just really depressed about this whole situation, for all the other loyal Oil fans that have stuck with this team through all this crap and the players like Gagner and the kids who actually give a damn and deserve so much better.
It's the truth.

Time for a culture change. Neoptism and the Dystopian Oiler world aren't working anymore.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:38 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I hope so. I don't care if it's done in the media. I'd love one of Hall, Eberle or RNH to do it. Lets face it...It's their team. What are the veterans doing to earn the respect of the players running the show?
Not only that but it would show that this team gives a crap.

4-15-2 in their last 21 is atrocious. Absolutely disgusting.

In the 3 years of I guess 'true rebuilding', this year has highlighted the real lack of leadership this club lacks.

None of our Vets seem to be able to stand up and lead. It's not even about skill either, Gator was a terrific leader, and that's because his demeanor. The guy was just a fantastic leader, but towards the end of his career, he wasn't that skilled, but the leadership continued.

We don't really have leaders on this club. Can anyone actually tell me one 'vet' leader on this club? Just one?

****ing disgusting.

OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

Has any team in the history of professional sports finished last in their respective league three years in a row without changing management?

Old
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
This is getting hard to watch.....man...it just hurts.

Urgh, hard finding words right now....sometimes i just go to my xbox, play on my oilers dynasty and win just so i can feel what its like to win something.....sad i know

Old
01-13-2012, 11:39 PM
monkeywrench

Sorry, but I don't how the so called die-heart Oilers fans can talk about hoping for an empty arena, or complain about the ticket prices. We as fans CALLED for this rebuild. We knew it is going to be a long process to get to become a wining team. So why are we bailiing on the team now it makes no sense to at all. Be a proud fan cheer the team. Show the players you're still passionate about this team. They will turn the corner soon enough, but come on guys it is what we called, and we got it. So learn to stick with your team even when it is painful.

Back to topic. I think Petry, Hall, and Gagner all showed up to play, and that was nice to see out of are young guns. Gagner is proving why we shouldn't trade him. He can become an important part of are team. Said no body feed off of Gagners fight, it should've sparked our team.

Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Really don't know what to say. No passion, no drive. No response after Gagner's fight.

For the first time I found myself feeling sorry for Taylor Hall, who was trying to the very end.

I believe Gagner has more fights than Eager does this year.

Wow!
But honestly, how long is it before his agent demands a trade?

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
!!!!

Oh man... we've done our fair share of supporting piss poor Oilers' teams and their "Skills Competitions" I think that we should take this year off.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Baby Nilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
But honestly, how long is it before his agent demands a trade?
Would Bobby Orr really do that..

Old
01-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Has any team in the history of professional sports finished last in their respective league three years in a row without changing management?
Only 1, NHL's Edmonton Oiler's 2010, 11 and 12.

Closed Thread