HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
E-Train

vCash: 500
A Sauer-esque talent with Steve MacIntyre fighting ability will be a scary combination. Especially with true heavyweights become extinct, McI will have few challengers that can take a regular shift. I think he's only scratching the surface of his talents. This kid at age 25 will be the complete physical package with hopefully some more offense sprinkled in.

Old
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

I'm excited about Noreau. I didn't have high expectations from him, being a 5th Rounder and all, but he looked very solid at TC. I expected him to have some really obvious flaw in his game, or to be very raw, which didn't appear to be the case at all. His upside is probably limited, but my initial reaction was that he could be a 3rd pairing badass at some point down the road.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I'm excited about Noreau. I didn't have high expectations from him, being a 5th Rounder and all, but he looked very solid at TC. I expected him to have some really obvious flaw in his game, or to be very raw, which didn't appear to be the case at all. His upside is probably limited, but my initial reaction was that he could be a 3rd pairing badass at some point down the road.
Agreed. Noreau was a lot better than I would have expected from a 5th rd pk enforcer out of the Q. Looks to have a good all around game. If he can get quicker in the next few years, will definitely be a 3rd pair option down the road.

Throws vicious lefts ala Dave Brown, his pims are low because it looks like no one wants to fight him. Noreau as the 3rd RD and McIlrath as the 2nd RD would be an imposing defense. .

Old
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
He's good at what he does. I have seen him off balance at times-or more like on his heels with smaller players who get in underneath his defenses. His one AHL fight last year with Alex O'Neil was kind of like that. Most players just trying to stand and throw with him are going to get their ***** kicked.

BTW Samuel Noreau is really not all that different from McIlrath in the way he fights. If he can develop the rest of his game we'll have two 6'5 defensemen maybe one day who will be our version of the Bruise Brothers.
What's very encouraging is that you see these filler defensemen (Woywitka, Stralman, Eminger) stepping into our line-up and playing reasonably effective hockey for us.... Even when Eminger/Stralman have been asked to play above their heads on the 2nd pairing, they have done a pretty good job... Something about the system the coaching staff has implemented has yielded effective defensive play from a lot of our players... Bickel has filled in nicely also... Hopefully that system will facilitate the integration of prospects like McIlrath into our line-up (whenever that time comes) and work in his favor to help him play to his strengths (which as Gordie pointed out is going to be keeping things simple and being physical).

Last edited by wolfgaze: 01-12-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
WHY does anyone even bother to fight him anymore????

Seriously, almost every video I see of McI fighting is just him destroying someone. It's not even like the guy he was fighting was that horrible a fighter, McI is just a physical monster. He ragdolls other big guys with one arm, throwing them off balance constantly, and just pounds them with his free hand until they turtle. It's ridiculous.
probably our ranger homerism....if mcilrath got his ass handed to him, i doubt anyone besides ODC would post anything about it to be honest.

Old
01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
SherWood Lumber 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
probably our ranger homerism....if mcilrath got his ass handed to him, i doubt anyone besides ODC would post anything about it to be honest.
I'd be pretty pissed if he got a concussion fighting. Sure others would be too.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What's very encouraging is that you see these filler defensemen (Woywitka, Stralman, Eminger) stepping into our line-up and playing reasonably effective hockey for us.... Even when Eminger/Stralman have been asked to play above their heads on the 2nd pairing, they have done a pretty good job... Something about the system the coaching staff has implemented has yielded effective defensive play from a lot of our players... Bickel has filled in nicely also... Hopefully that system will facilitate the integration of prospects like McIlrath into our line-up (whenever that time comes) and work in his favor to help him to his strengths (which as Gordie pointed out is going to be keeping things simple and being physical).
I agree. Personally, I feel McIlrath will fit in very well here. Simple kind of player. He looked very good in camp. The coaching staff is doing a fantastic job.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Not the biggest Mac fan, but I really don't think anybody in juniors has the ability to hand his ass to him anyway.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

BC lost again. 4-0 to UMASS. They play Northeastern tomorrow at 4 in Fenway Park.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:24 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

ISS Hockey head scout is scouting the MJ game tonight

Quote:
It's hilarious how small every other player looks when on the ice with Joel Edmundson and Dylan McIlrath of the @MJWARRIORS
https://twitter.com/#!/rossmaclean/s...10974153084928

Old
01-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Zil

What's the deal with this JT Brown kid who scored a hat trick tonight for UMD? Is he someone we should sign?

Old
01-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
What's the deal with this JT Brown kid who scored a hat trick tonight for UMD? Is he someone we should sign?
Lol I was thinking the same damn thing. It looks from this game the kid has "it", whatever "it" is. Then again he is already 21, so who knows how that will translate.

Old
01-13-2012, 09:24 PM
ocarina

Quote:
He's one of the top undrafted college prospects from what I've read. I'd imagine there is going to be a lot of competition for his signature.

Old
01-13-2012, 10:13 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
I wrote a story for Howlings.net at the end of November and mentioned some talent on UMD including Brown and Connolly. There's some serious NCAA talent that often gets overlooked.

Connolly and Brown should get ATO's at the end of this season if they want them. Brown isn't draft eligible anymore he turned 21 this past July.

Howlings story

Old
01-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
A Sauer-esque talent with Steve MacIntyre fighting ability will be a scary combination. Especially with true heavyweights become extinct, McI will have few challengers that can take a regular shift. I think he's only scratching the surface of his talents. This kid at age 25 will be the complete physical package with hopefully some more offense sprinkled in.
That would be amazing if McIlrath turns out like that. Hopefully he becomes a more talented, more mean version of our Adam MacQuaid from Boston.

Old
01-13-2012, 10:27 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

BC falling apart?

Old
01-13-2012, 10:42 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Yogan with another 2 goals. (Give him an ELC!) An assist for Miller and Thomas each. Noreau also with an assist. Ceresnak scoreless, but a +2.

West coast games still going on with McColgan scoreless and McIlrath scoreless with a -3 and 14 PIM in the Dub (to be fair, it looks to be his worst game in quite a while). Fogarty has 2 goals so far for the Vees.

Edmonton isn't playing so no update on St. Croix, who's in the midst of a 3 game lull points-wise (only 2 assists!).

Old
01-13-2012, 11:46 PM
MXD

Habs fan, coming in peace.

I saw Gatineau against Baie-Comeau.

Noreau is impressive, but... I don't know, he's a guy that screams "will need quite a few years in the AHL if he's ever to make it". Doesn't have the skill to make an impact, and his defensive game is raw (to say the least). He's physical, and good thing is, defensive abilities are something you learn with experience. But he's certainly not there yet. The good thing also -- his skating is much less awkward than advertised, and he kept it really safe and made no mistake. Surprising shot -- that's where his assist came from. He took a pretty stupid penalty while crease-clearing... a 5'6 winger, but, all in all, he's probably the 2nd best D-Men overall in Baie-Comeau, and that team is actually better than its record suggests (they play in an absolutely crazy division in which ALL teams were actually buyers at the deadline, which explain their slightly-above-.500 record).

All in all, a very good 5th rounder, but I just think that he if makes it, it will take a while, due to the fact that he's playing defense.

Last edited by MXD: 01-13-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old
01-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Habs fan, coming in peace.

I saw Gatineau against Baie-Comeau.

Noreau is impressive, but... I don't know, he's a guy that screams "will need quite a few years in the AHL if he's ever to make it". Doesn't have the skill to make an impact, and his defensive game is raw (to say the least). He's physical, and good thing is, defensive abilities are something you learn with experience. But he's certainly not there yet. The good thing also -- his skating is much less awkward than advertised, and he kept it really safe and made no mistake. Surprising shot -- that's where his assist came from. He took a pretty stupid penalty while crease-clearing... a 5'6 winger, but, all in all, he's probably the 2nd best D-Men overall in Baie-Comeau, and that team is actually better than its record suggests (they play in an absolutely crazy division in which ALL teams were actually buyers at the deadline, which explain their slightly-above-.500 record).

All in all, a very good 5th rounder, but I just think that he if makes it, it will take a while, due to the fact that he's playing defense.

With the depth we have on D, we can afford to give him all the time he needs

Old
01-14-2012, 12:13 AM
CM PUNK

PentictonVees Penticton Vees
Fogarty completes his hat trick and its 8-2.Vees! #bchl #penticton
59 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by NickPerri_SNYRB

3g,1a...2nd star

Old
01-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
McIlrath will be the defense version of Lucic. Which will be a very good thing to have.

Old
01-14-2012, 12:36 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
PentictonVees Penticton Vees
Fogarty completes his hat trick and its 8-2.Vees! #bchl #penticton
59 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by NickPerri_SNYRB

3g,1a...2nd star
wow, hat trick + assist and only 2nd star? who got 1st star; Vees must be loaded

Old
01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
wow, hat trick + assist and only 2nd star? who got 1st star; Vees must be loaded
They are. They're 34-3-2, scoring five and a half goals per game. The next highest average is under four. Six of the top seven points leaders play in Penticton. Probably the most dominant team in all of Junior A.

It's just pain.
Old
01-14-2012, 01:27 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
another guy also had 3g, 1a

Old
01-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Yogan with another 2 goals. (Give him an ELC!) An assist for Miller and Thomas each. Noreau also with an assist. Ceresnak scoreless, but a +2.

West coast games still going on with McColgan scoreless and McIlrath scoreless with a -3 and 14 PIM in the Dub (to be fair, it looks to be his worst game in quite a while). Fogarty has 2 goals so far for the Vees.

Edmonton isn't playing so no update on St. Croix, who's in the midst of a 3 game lull points-wise (only 2 assists!).
No offense, but whats with the love with him? He is an overage player in the OHL, i would fully expect him to be a point a game player.

But what has he done to earn a ELC? He hasn't progressed in 3 years, in the 2008-09 season he was a point a game player and now he is still a point a game player. Yes he lost a season to injury but thats life.

He looked very average in the prospect tournament as well.

He should be given an AHL contract and let him earn an NHL contract.

Closed Thread