HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Kostityn to Penguins

Old
01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostityn to Penguins

What would the pens offers the Habs to get A.K. I think he would fit in well with their system and they have injuries so they could use him. For the right price I could see him being available.

EDIT: 500th post !

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
poetryinmotion

AK is staying to play with Eller who is our own version of Staal. For me, there is probably nothing enticing enough that the pens would offer for his services, especially with him being a free agent.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:12 AM
wej20

Tangradi + could be a possibility.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:03 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
AK is staying to play with Eller who is our own version of Staal. For me, there is probably nothing enticing enough that the pens would offer for his services, especially with him being a free agent.
Thank you. I have made such a comparison before between J.Stall and L.Eller, getting "meh not quite" type of remarks. I still think it is quite obvious that we have a 3rd Center in the mold of what J.Stall is.

The trade proposal I had made before the Pens acquired Kunitz was something around the lines of AK+ to the Pens for J.Stall. We didn't have Eller at that time.

Anyways, MTL would be foolish to let go AK. Sign him long term in the range of 3.5-4M per. We know exactly what we will get in return a (min.) 20-20 hard hitting forward with upside that is not a liability and that can still break out. Not a dime a dozen.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:01 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

I could see the pens being interested but I highly doubt the habs would let him go, unless they fall off and are clearly out of it at the deadline.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:19 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I think MTL will try to resign him, if not a deal like this would be most ideal. A prospect that is ready for a 3rd line role, with the potential to be a 2nd liner.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
If the Habs think he's unsignable and they go into sell mode, that would be a good basis of a deal. The thing is, if Pittsburgh goes into add mode, one would think they might want to add now with Staal, Neal and Crosby being out. I don't think the Habs would trade AK right now to the Pens unless it was a ridiculous overpay senario.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:33 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
If the Habs think he's unsignable and they go into sell mode, that would be a good basis of a deal. The thing is, if Pittsburgh goes into add mode, one would think they might want to add now with Staal, Neal and Crosby being out. I don't think the Habs would trade AK right now to the Pens unless it was a ridiculous overpay senario.
Personally I think they wait and see how Staal and Neal heal up before making a major move. Tangradi should get good time with the injuries so now will be Pens best time to judge him.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:55 AM
FanHabtic

I would like to see AK re-signed as he has chemistry with Eller who is just starting to demonstrate his offensive potential. I'm not sold on Tangradi at all.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

If the Habs do end up selling AK, I sure hope it's right after a couple of games like the last couple with those sickly awesome one-man puck control clinic shifts he's had. Those are the things that used to make us Habs fans dream of the perennial 40-goal stud powerforward player AK 'ought to be'. Of course, Habs fans have seen it often enough now that we no longer believe in that upside. But it would be nice to dream that somebody out there hasn't become so jaded from extended AK exposure and can catch a couple of suchlike games and gives us a nice maximal return.

Then again, maybe we better just wait and see what the non-Jacques Martin-abused version of AK can do over a longer stretch. The dream is still alive...? ?

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
ghozzt

Simon Despres + Keven Veilleux and I'm in.

ghozzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghozzt View Post
Pittsburgh are out as soon as Despres enters.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
neofury*

At this point it would take overpayment for me to trade AK. I've always been a big AK fan but he's showed the past 2 years that he's a more complete player and that he cares about this team.

I for one want him re-signed, if he's traded to a conference rival I wouldn't take less than 2nd + prospect or 1st. That is pretty big overpayment for a pending UFA. Would much rather we give him a 3-4 year deal immediately but if Pens made an offer we could not refuse I'd obviously take it.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
OneSharpMarble

I would rather keep Kostitsyn than trade him for his real market value. Unless it is overpayment like Despres I doubt the habs move him.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:41 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghozzt View Post
I'm sure you would be . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I'm not sold on Tangradi at all.
That's okay, neither am I. I'm more than willing to use him and a pick to get another forward at the deadline.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:23 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
What would the pens offers the Habs to get A.K. I think he would fit in well with their system and they have injuries so they could use him. For the right price I could see him being available.

EDIT: 500th post !
first round pick?

we just added bourque a similar second line 20 goal scorer. he is signed and kostitsyn is not. habs not in playoffs this year we could use extra pick at draft and extra 3 million with 3 million saved on cammy to pursue a big name on free agent market. plus if trade helps pens beat laffs for that last playoff spot be icing on cake for us

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote