HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi on Team 1260

Old
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
^ This for the most part.

I would leave Vey where he is only due to the fact that he has proven throughout his playing career that he takes time to develop but once he figures things out he becomes a very very good player.

I can't see why we haven't given Kozy his call up. I thought he would have had a cup of tea with the team based on last years performance alone but no need to rush him. We should either call up King or decide that he is only ever going to be an AHL fixture for us which might be the case.

A Mart is said to believe that he has been trade bait for the better part of this season so he would be a logical choice that is coveted by a couple of teams, the Islanders and Rangers (Snow and Slats) GM's have both made comments about A Marts play over the past season and a half at one time or another as I remember.

He would be a solid piece to be moved as part of a package or as a very good young forward for a very good young pmd type of deal. Not world beaters but very good still the same.
Something around AMart and Grabner perhaps?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:51 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
yeah because this team/organization lacks Teubert like prospects & long term projected 2nd pairing defensman (Hickey, Forbort, Deslauriers, Muzzin, Campbell...). Lol. What would have Teubert, Klefbom and that 3rd rounder provided that this team so lacks now anyways? Nothing.
Teubert is a good prospect. He obviously wasn't working out in LA's system though, so I say no loss by the Kings. Klefbom is a projected #2 d-man, not second pair. He just had an awesome WJC, and is getting more ice time in Sweden because of it. Remember, this is the SEL here, he's competing for ice time with pros, its not the AHL. Prospects always start at the bottom in the SEL and have to work their way up. He's doing so. The Oilers are very happy to have him, project or not. I don't think the Kings got ripped off too bad on the deal, its not like they expected The Flying Fridge to poo his pants as badly as he has this year.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

So you guys would be totally agaisnt Hemmer for Bernier? Cause I wouldnt mind doing that straight up.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Would certainly not send Bernier to Edmonton

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
So you guys would be totally agaisnt Hemmer for Bernier? Cause I wouldnt mind doing that straight up.
I would be 100% against the idea. I mean holy cow talk about over payment. JB is ready to take over as a starting goalie and looks to be an exceptional one at that, no possible way that I would consider it.

People can argue goalies haven't much value blah blah blah but when they are special enough they do. This one is worth way more than a rental player, let alone one as fragile as Hemmer.

You guys throw in MPS and we would consider it but just no way in hades that we would deal JB straight up for Hemmer, not close.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:42 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Yeah, I would be dead set against that. The Kings should not be moving Bernier or Quick until one of them is signed to a reasonable long-term deal. That can't happen for a while, so unless Lombardi gets an offer for Bernier (likely he would have to be included in a package) that knocks his socks off, he shouldn't trade him.

Would Hemsky knock your socks off?

Old
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Something around AMart and Grabner perhaps?
Quote:
Yeah, I would be dead set against that. The Kings should not be moving Bernier or Quick until one of them is signed to a reasonable long-term deal. That can't happen for a while, so unless Lombardi gets an offer for Bernier (likely he would have to be included in a package) that knocks his socks off, he shouldn't trade him.

Exactly.

Oh and Grabner would be on my want to have list all the way.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Exactly.

I think acquiring a player like Grabner is exactly the kind of under the radar deal that Lombardi should be looking for. The Iginla, Hemsky (unless he comes extremely cheap), Nash, and Parise stuff needs to be forgotten.

Old
01-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
I would be 100% against the idea. I mean holy cow talk about over payment. JB is ready to take over as a starting goalie and looks to be an exceptional one at that, no possible way that I would consider it.

People can argue goalies haven't much value blah blah blah but when they are special enough they do. This one is worth way more than a rental player, let alone one as fragile as Hemmer.

You guys throw in MPS and we would consider it but just no way in hades that we would deal JB straight up for Hemmer, not close.
Quote:

Quote:
Exactly.

Hmm I'm getting the sense you guys wouldnt do Bernier for Hemsky

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You'd have to ask Oiler fans. Back when he was drafted, I remember the reports saying that growing up he was atrocious at defense and had no willingness to backcheck, but at the time of his drafting they said that he was working hard at it and was a much more complete player than he had been in the past. I don't know if that is true or has changed for the last year and a half in Edmonton.

I am fine with having a forward that isn't the greatest defensively as long as he can produce offensively. He has the skill.
When he was younger he actually played defense, got converted to a forward when he was 15ish. He's actually above average defensively and is always the first forward back (he actually sometimes cheats defensively which effects his offense).

Kind of have it backwards, his defensive play is good - he just needs to work on his offense and willingness to drive the net like he was in his rookie season.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

It's so funny how DL apologizes and now we fans on HF are all at peace too.

Personally, I would love to get rid of every ex-Oiler on the Kings. Fraser excluded as we have yet to give him a real chance. The best ex-Oiler from this generation of Oil was Smyth and he's gone now. I wouldn't mind moving all of those guys, Stoll, Greene, Penner, etc. for picks. Then take that significant amount of money and go after a real impact player like Parise and/or Weber in the UFA market.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:43 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
It's so funny how DL apologizes and now we fans on HF are all at peace too.

Personally, I would love to get rid of every ex-Oiler on the Kings. Fraser excluded as we have yet to give him a real chance. The best ex-Oiler from this generation of Oil was Smyth and he's gone now. I wouldn't mind moving all of those guys, Stoll, Greene, Penner, etc. for picks. Then take that significant amount of money and go after a real impact player like Parise and/or Weber in the UFA market.

- R
I strongly agree.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:56 AM
SFKingshomer

DL should be fired if he trades for twinkle toes Hemsky

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Then TECHNICALLY, it wasn't a three way trade. O'Sullivan was trade to Carolina, who turned around and swapped him and their own pick for Cole. No Oiler assets ended up in LA. It was two separate deals, using the same pieces.

As per the Gretzky sale...the big winner of that one was the ******** who owned the Oilers at the time...he avoided bankruptcy.

I'm not upset about the Visnovsky trade either. We traded our expendable plugs for a legit #1 d-man who played well for us for a while, and got us another good d-man in trade. Even up I think, as our plugs turned into good role players for you.
1. O'Sullivan never had the Huricanes jersey on his body and the whole deal was announced as a 3-way-deal. And you got O'Sullivan who played for the Kings that year. Btw, like after every other trade your fanbase was claiming to win that trade.

2. Visnovsky was frustrated from the get go to go to EDM and your brilliant GM traded him for Whitney - who is a big primadona that plays mostly on Randy Jones teritory, hence he was traded away from the Pens & Ducks....

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:44 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
1. O'Sullivan never had the Huricanes jersey on his body and the whole deal was announced as a 3-way-deal. And you got O'Sullivan who played for the Kings that year. Btw, like after every other trade your fanbase was claiming to win that trade.

2. Visnovsky was frustrated from the get go to go to EDM and your brilliant GM traded him for Whitney - who is a big primadona that plays mostly on Randy Jones teritory, hence he was traded away from the Pens & Ducks....
Based upon something I dealt with previously--I dispute number 2 that vis had a problem with the oilers---there is a back story to why the oilers traded him--but it had to do with vis and a personal family issue

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Tarpit*

I give Lombardi credit today for what he did, thumbs up. Hemsky and MPS would be a bad fit for the Kings because they are in the need of a player that can play a physical game and neither can. They should of never included Simmonds in that trade, IMO he was the Kings spark plug and they lack his type of player this year.

Last edited by Tarpit*: 01-13-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:27 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It's easy to say that now. Penner was a goal scorer. I don't blame Dean for making that trade or even dealing Smyth.
I said it at the time too. No one was more critical of the trade than me at the time and I took a lot of flak for it. I'm not playing hindsight GM here. I did blame DL for the Penner deal, and still do.

SMyth trade was a totally different story. Either way though, regardless of the circumstances, we got royally taken on both deals in terms of value and to argue otherwise, as Minor Boarding is, is ridiculous.

Quote:
yeah because this team/organization lacks Teubert like prospects & long term projected 2nd pairing defensman (Hickey, Forbort, Deslauriers, Muzzin, Campbell...). Lol. What would have Teubert, Klefbom and that 3rd rounder provided that this team so lacks now anyways? Nothing.
Firstly, you are wrong. A guy like Teubert would certainly be of a great asset to this organization. We are constantly debating on this board about who could step in to fill in for guys like Scuderi, Mitchell and Greene if they don't resign or were traded. Outside of Muzzin, there's almost no one who plays a similar style as those three, especially Greene. Having teubert there would certainly provide some extra depth and the ability to bring up someone who can add some muscle if needed on the backend.

Klefbom is not part of this, the 1st round pick is. We didn't draft Klefbom, and in all liklihood DL would have drafted someone else. We gave up whoever that player is.

And the 3rd is a 3rd, but considering we also don't have our 2nd this year either, it makes us especially thin at the draft this year and hinders DL's ability top make a trade at the deadline.

Even if we still only have Teubert, Klefbom/whoever we drafted and a our 3rd, it'd be a lot more assets to use in a trade and likely would fetch a better player this time around than what Penner is/has done.

Back to the main point though, to come in here and start talking smack about a trade (trades counting the Smyth deal) in which we clearly got taken is just ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
You have it backwards. He is pretty solid defensively for a young player, and always picks up his guy while backchecking. But he has little offensive confidence and like HA101 said, is scared of being hit.
I wanted MPS/MSP/whatever for a while. I view him as a guy who could turn into a Jere Lehtinen type of player. Two-way effort and could be a very reliable defensive forward with 25 goal upside. He might not turn into that good of player (Selke nominee/30+ goal guy) but he could be a very useful player that can be a 3rd liner that would still look comfortable on the 2nd line and draw key matchups and plenty of PK time. Very valueable type of player and if the oilers were dealing him, I'd be very interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeep View Post
I give Lombardi credit today for what he did, thumbs up. Hemsky and MPS would be a bad fit for the Kings because they are in the need of a player that can play a physical game and neither can. They should of never included Simmonds in that trade, IMO he was the Kings spark plug and they lack his type of player this year.
I hated losing Simmonds as well, but sign me up for Richards any day of the week.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:00 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

1. The deal was initially announced as a three team trade, but then TSN retracted it and reported it as two deals. No Oilers assets made it to LA, therefore, it wasn't a three team trade, it was two trades. We were claiming to have won that trade at the time because we got a good prospect and a 2nd round pick for a upcoming UFA who had made it known he was leaving town. We then swapped the 2nd for another UFA who worked out better in Edmonton for the rest of that season anyway (Kotalik). Or, because that trade happened on the same day, was it a 4 team trade?

2. Whitney has played very well for the Oil when healthy. The problem is his health, and we certainly couldn't have predicted those problems. Whitney hasn't played a single shift in Edmonton like a prima donna.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
lol no

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:21 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
1. The deal was initially announced as a three team trade, but then TSN retracted it and reported it as two deals. No Oilers assets made it to LA, therefore, it wasn't a three team trade, it was two trades. We were claiming to have won that trade at the time because we got a good prospect and a 2nd round pick for a upcoming UFA who had made it known he was leaving town. We then swapped the 2nd for another UFA who worked out better in Edmonton for the rest of that season anyway (Kotalik). Or, because that trade happened on the same day, was it a 4 team trade?

2. Whitney has played very well for the Oil when healthy. The problem is his health, and we certainly couldn't have predicted those problems. Whitney hasn't played a single shift in Edmonton like a prima donna.
Yes, who could have seen a recurring injury problem when he had a congenital/chronic foot condition and that he already had surgery on one foot?

Just came right of the blue, that one.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:01 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a guy like JVR than Hemsky

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a guy like JVR than Hemsky
Me too, btw JVR has just gone down with a concussion

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote