HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weekend GDT - Bingo 2 @ Bridgeport 3 | Sunday Jan 15th, 2012 | 3:05 pm w/ stream

Old
01-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I just hope Lehner isn't coasting cause he thinks he'll be playing in Ottawa next year regardless (I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but its worth some speculation I think).
Ultimately, regardless of the hype that's been generated for him and the success he's had in the past couple of years, he's still 20 years old. For a point of perspective, most CHL drafted goalies his age would be playing in their first AHL season this year. He's already won Playoff MVP in the AHL, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to work on. It's easy to look at last season's playoffs and get impatient waiting for the day when Lehner makes the NHL, but just remember he's still quite young, and most goalies don't get their break until they are 22-23, so he's got a lot of development time ahead of him.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see another goalie drafted. 2 years ago the organization was pretty clear they weren't considering it, but last year they seemed much more open to the idea, but I suppose didn't get the chance to draft one they were interested in.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:49 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Maybe Lehner has crisis... normal thing he is still young

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Lehner's biggest game of this season will be tonight against Hershey, he looked good in the mop up in last night's 3rd period..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Lehner will be fine in the long run but it's pretty obvious he hasn't been at his best so far this year. Maybe he thought that after his Calder Cup run he'd have a clearer road to the #1 job in Ottawa. Seeing Anderson signed to a 4 year contract probably brought him back to the reality that he's still seen as a project.

No one should be surprised if he takes a while to develop. Lehner himself said that as a late starter he was never more than a 2nd or even 3rd string goalie and was surprised to be drafted. It was only in his junior year after he was drafted that he became a #1 anywhere. Last year he came in relief and played a great series of playoff games. Prior to that we in Ottawa saw him play a few good NHL games but that's the extent of it. Remember the great games Mike Brodeur played for us too but that didn't mean he was an NHL goalie.

Obviously the Sens are high on Lehner or they wouldn't have picked him but let's not rush him before he can handle the constant pressure placed upon a regular NHL goalie

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
Can we have a separate Bingo board so Ottawa fans are no longer exposed to this kind of crap? MaindotC, we get it you hate Lehner, how about you shut up about it?
Kush I've said this many times - I'm an Ottawa fan first (we all should be), and a Bingo fan second simply for the fact that they're the farm team of Ottawa. If the Baby Sens played in Manchester then I'd be streaming Manchester games.

I don't dislike Lehner, I just don't like how people want to hand him the starting role simply because he was a high draft pick. He stepped into the playoffs and helped the team to win the Calder, fantastic and much appreciated! Regular season he as 10-8...you certainly wouldn't accept those numbers from Anderson so it's clear it was a break-in season for him. Ok, fine - let's move on.

This season he's 6-12 and he got himself suspended over a stupid incident so McKenna has stepped into the spotlight, albeit inconsistently and last night was a good example.

You all have no right to argue with my VALID criticisms of Lehner instead of just blindly accepting he's going to be future NHL star goalie without earning a dime. I want him to succeed just like anyone else, but right now he's not giving me a reason to cheer for him other than the fact he's wearing the red, white, black and gold (and I do support all Sens regardless). I recall the first Pitt game Ottawa played last season and Lehner was brought in after whatever goalie was chased from the crease, and I read all these bs comments that people were making up just because it was Lehner: "Has anyone noticed how confident the Sens played since Lehner was in the net? It's like they had a completely different [winning] attitude with him behind them." I don't recall the exact wording but it was along those lines.

You all want to give him the starting job just because he's a high draft pick. I want to see results before he gets anything and he's sucked this season so yes I feel its a bad omen when he's called into a game late. McKenna is on a two way deal - he'll get a call up before Lehner does at this point.

I swear I should keep this post in ctrl + v because most of you always think I'm a Lehner basher - he just hasn't earned anything and it's revolting how you all are blindly giving him the silver platter.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:48 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Kush I've said this many times - I'm an Ottawa fan first (we all should be), and a Bingo fan second simply for the fact that they're the farm team of Ottawa. If the Baby Sens played in Manchester then I'd be streaming Manchester games.

I don't dislike Lehner, I just don't like how people want to hand him the starting role simply because he was a high draft pick. He stepped into the playoffs and helped the team to win the Calder, fantastic and much appreciated! Regular season he as 10-8...you certainly wouldn't accept those numbers from Anderson so it's clear it was a break-in season for him. Ok, fine - let's move on.

This season he's 6-12 and he got himself suspended over a stupid incident so McKenna has stepped into the spotlight, albeit inconsistently and last night was a good example.

You all have no right to argue with my VALID criticisms of Lehner instead of just blindly accepting he's going to be future NHL star goalie without earning a dime. I want him to succeed just like anyone else, but right now he's not giving me a reason to cheer for him other than the fact he's wearing the red, white, black and gold (and I do support all Sens regardless). I recall the first Pitt game Ottawa played last season and Lehner was brought in after whatever goalie was chased from the crease, and I read all these bs comments that people were making up just because it was Lehner: "Has anyone noticed how confident the Sens played since Lehner was in the net? It's like they had a completely different [winning] attitude with him behind them." I don't recall the exact wording but it was along those lines.

You all want to give him the starting job just because he's a high draft pick. I want to see results before he gets anything and he's sucked this season so yes I feel its a bad omen when he's called into a game late. McKenna is on a two way deal - he'll get a call up before Lehner does at this point.

I swear I should keep this post in ctrl + v because most of you always think I'm a Lehner basher - he just hasn't earned anything and it's revolting how you all are blindly giving him the silver platter.
Great post Mdot...I found it hilarious that some of the "experts" here felt that Lehner needed to replace Anderson earlier this year when he was struggling behind a team learning a new system. Like Lehner deserved to be starting despite doing nothing of note this year in Bingo. I hate statements like: "the team plays better behind goalie x" because that's more of an indication of the team not the goalie.

Lehner needs to EARN IT. End of story. Anderson was signed for 4 years to give Lehner the time to become a better goalie. Not to be thrown into spot duty as a back-up in the NHL but to evolve into a legitimate starting goalie. His development thus far hasn't indicated that YET so he still has a ways to go.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:51 PM
hb11xchamps

Hershey will be without Center Keith Aucoin tonight as he will be the Veteran scratch.

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Manny*

Lehner frustrates me because he's had terrific games at the NHL level, the international level and dominated in the Calder cup run when it mattered most. Naturally, we've come to expect a lot from him and it's disappointing when he doesn't even hold the starting goalie position in Binghamton.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Hershey will be without Center Keith Aucoin tonight as he will be the Veteran scratch.
Wow..that right there shows how powerful Hershey is..

Old
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
sens83

WTF is a veteran scratch?

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Not allowed to dress more then, I believe the number is 7, vets a game..

Old
01-14-2012, 02:52 PM
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron

Lehner, just like Anderson or any other goalie, will look bad with bad defense in front of him. I don't expect any miracle from him or McKenna or anybody else this year in Bingo.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:02 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Not allowed to dress more then, I believe the number is 7, vets a game..
It is 5 with one "tweener" i think. Hershey will have Graham Mink, Chris Bourque, Danny Richmond, Ryan Potulny, and Boyd Kane as their Veterans tonight with Kyle Greentree as the "tweener". Usually Mink and Richmond will flip flop games but Hershey's head coach Mark French has Aucoin sitting out to rest him.

Old
01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Hershey carries 6 veterans but only 5 can play

Old
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Lehner has been injured (twice I think) and got suspended, has barely played and when he played, it was in front of a squad heavily hit by the injury bug

Just be patient and relax a bit, let him get into a groove first.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 05:55 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
On my way home stream will be up spoon as I get in the door

Old
01-14-2012, 06:33 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

DaCosta 1-1...beautiful feed from Clithammerer! Lehner has been rather solid so far - good save on the wraparound.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:35 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Well just as I type in congrats to DaCosta Hershey comes right back and bangs in a rebound. Looks like we're repeating last night all over again.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:43 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

4-2 Sens

After 1st.....

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:47 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

1st Period-1, Hershey, Mink 14 (Oreskovic), 0:29. 2, Binghamton, Da Costa 7 (Klinkhammer, Borowiecki), 16:39. 3, Hershey, Ford 10 (McNeill), 17:12. 4, Binghamton, Da Costa 8 (Locke, Petersson), 18:24 (PP). 5, Binghamton, Gryba 3 (Borowiecki, O'Brien), 19:15. 6, Binghamton, Petersson 12 19:47. Penalties-McNeill Her (high-sticking), 8:26; Cannone Bng (double minor - high-sticking), 10:13; Mink Her (tripping), 17:54.

Shots 11 each...

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:00 PM
mianjo

vCash: 140
Hershey 2 Bingo 4 after 1 period

1. BNG Da Costa, (7) (Klinkhammer, Borowiecki), 16:39
1. BNG Da Costa, (8) (Locke, Petersson), 18:24 (PP)
1. BNG Gryba, (3) (Borowiecki, O'Brien), 19:15
1. BNG Petersson, (12) (Locke), 19:47

mianjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
hb11xchamps

I never realized how much Keith Aucoin means to this team until this game. The powerplay looks lost without him for Hershey

Old
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Manny*

Borowiecki has been producing a lot, lately.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
I guess Lehner is playing pretty well

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
FreakyBunny

What's the score? No score thingy on the stream.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote