HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Around the League X

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Another three point game in the West. Chicago ties it up with 51.7 seconds left. Going to OT.

Old
01-14-2012, 01:56 PM
BringTheReign

Damn, Howard is on my fantasy team, it would have been nice if they could have kept the lead.

EDIT: Oh yea, and it also sucks that it's another 3 point game in the Western Conference...*sigh*

Old
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I still don't get why people hold a grudge on Bertuzzi. Great player. Made a huge mistake, came clean, showed visible remorse, apologized, and has rebuilt his career really. Yea he made a huge mistake but I don't think it's fair how people vilify him so often.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:15 PM
cheap77

Well.. another boring saturday morning game completed. Hopefully the games tonight are quite a bit better.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
According to McKenzie, next year's Winter Classic will be Toronto vs. Detroit.... Oh joy...

At least, it is being held in Detroit.
I thought the Winter Classic was supposed to showcase two American teams...

Canadian teams have the Heritage Classic to look forward to. Are they going to start putting American teams in the Heritage Classic now?

Old
01-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
I don't really know what's so bad about it to be honest. Should Detroit play Chicago AGAIN in the Winter Classic? We also get to watch Big Mouth Burke run his big mouth on 24/7.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:26 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I still don't get why people hold a grudge on Bertuzzi. Great player. Made a huge mistake, came clean, showed visible remorse, apologized, and has rebuilt his career really. Yea he made a huge mistake but I don't think it's fair how people vilify him so often.
For me personally, if the guy he injured is not able to come back and play then Bertuzzi should not be allowed to come back either. If you injure someone intentionally to the point that they can't play again then you should be handed the same consequence.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Nex06

Quote:
I believe it has something to do with pure effect that his actions left in the league. His name is even today used in similar situations, for example: "Souray went all Bertuzzi on Doughty/Williams"

Old
01-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't really know what's so bad about it to be honest. Should Detroit play Chicago AGAIN in the Winter Classic? We also get to watch Big Mouth Burke run his big mouth on 24/7.
They should have changed it up and went to Minnesota or some other team in the region that hasn't been represented yet. Repeating Penguins, Flyers, and Red Wings every year has long worn out its welcome and is just dull.

Also, there are questions as to whether or not HBO is going to do another 24/7. They have a new president and are now debating on spending money to make a third.

Quote:
That was a hockey murder. To end someone's career during a moment where he clearly intended to injure. I don't think it is fair that he got off so easily, that the lockout coincidentally also counted toward his time away from the game. He shouldn't have been allowed back into the NHL period. Go to another league, but not this one.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb

Last edited by Telos: 01-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old
01-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Not that it's bad, it's just boring. I couldn't careless about Brian Burke. The Winter Classic is officially overrated.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
cheap77

Quote:
They should have changed it up and went to Minnesota or some other team in the region that hasn't been represented yet. Repeating Penguins, Flyers, and Red Wings every year has long worn out its welcome.

I agree. Minnesota, New Jersey, Nashville, Tampa, Vancouver, Colorado, LA, San Jose... There are plenty of other teams that could do it that haven't already been in one.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
cheap77

If the NHL wants to use teams that have already done it, why not Boston again. Vancouver vs Boston. More of a rivalry there at this time than detroit and toronto.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

The was a hockey murder. To end someone's career during a moment where he clearly intended to injure. I don't think it is fair that he got off so easily, that the lockout coincidentally also counted toward his time away from the game. He shouldn't have been allowed back into the NHL period. Go to another league, but not this one.

Yea it was hockey murder. But again people make mistakes. Watching his presser, as mad as I was at the guy, you know it was a heat of the moment thing and something he probably STILL lives with today. Yes, yes, you can say because the guy he hurt can't play anymore, he shouldn't be able to. But again I don't think it's fair to make him a villain for the rest of his life. I am sure he does that himself.

I feel for Steve Moore way more then Todd Bertuzzi, but none the less, I wish people would forgive and forget.

it is asking a lot though, I will admit.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:38 PM
cheap77

Quote:
Yea it was hockey murder. But again people make mistakes. Watching his presser, as mad as I was at the guy, you know it was a heat of the moment thing and something he probably STILL lives with today. Yes, yes, you can say because the guy he hurt can't play anymore, he shouldn't be able to. But again I don't think it's fair to make him a villain for the rest of his life. I am sure he does that himself.

I feel for Steve Moore way more then Todd Bertuzzi, but none the less, I wish people would forgive and forget.

He only intentionally went to hurt a guy and ruined his career and life. Of course we should forget and forgive him.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I agree. Minnesota, New Jersey, Nashville, Tampa, Vancouver, Colorado, LA, San Jose... There are plenty of other teams that could do it that haven't already been in one.
Exactly. I'd like to see some new teams get a chance in the Winter Classic. Including Canadian teams in an event that was supposed to be for American teams just makes it that much more difficult to see the Wild, Avs, Devils, etc.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

I'd forgive him much easier if he weren't making millions coasting around in the NHL. If that occurred outside a hockey rink, he would still be in prison. Ruining a man's life and disabling him permanently over nothing is not just something you can laugh off as an "in the heat of the moment" event. It would be much easier to forgive if he was actually punished, but he really wasn't. The suspension was negated and he still became richer with no consequence legally.

I mean, imagine if that happened you to. You have a silly argument at a bar, someone breaks your neck over it. You are no longer capable of working and lose your job. The other guy was supposed to be punished, but there was some sort of strike. In the end, no legal repercussions come to him and he just forfeits 1/4 of his salary and goes on his merry way as a mutli-millionaire. It would not be easy to forgive. I doubt you would be singing the same tune and wishing him the best.

Old
01-14-2012, 03:04 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

Quote:
I'd forgive him much easier if he weren't making millions coasting around in the NHL. If that occurred outside a hockey rink, he would still be in prison. Ruining a man's life and disabling him permanently over nothing is not just something you can laugh off as an "in the heat of the moment" event. It would be much easier to forgive if he was actually punished, but he really wasn't. The suspension was negated and he still became richer with no consequence legally.

I mean, imagine if that happened you to. You have a silly argument at a bar, someone breaks your neck over it. You are no longer capable of working and lose your job. The other guy was supposed to be punished, but there was some sort of strike. In the end, no legal repercussions come to him and he just forfeits 1/4 of his salary and goes on his merry way as a mutli-millionaire. It would not be easy to forgive. I doubt you would be singing the same tune and wishing him the best.
Well put Telos! Thats why I do not have any respect for this guy (Bertuzzi, not you Jay )

Old
01-14-2012, 03:40 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I thought the Winter Classic was supposed to showcase two American teams...

Canadian teams have the Heritage Classic to look forward to. Are they going to start putting American teams in the Heritage Classic now?
No one ever said the WC was for American teams only, and The Heritage classic isn't a regular thing. Who knows if they'll ever do a Heritage Classic again. Putting a Canadian team in the WC guarantees they'll be able to sell all 115,000 tickets.

Quote:
They should have more than one game then, double down.
That could hurt the novelty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi11 View Post
Most of those teams couldn't draw anywhere near what Detroit and Toronto can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi11 View Post
If the NHL wants to use teams that have already done it, why not Boston again. Vancouver vs Boston. More of a rivalry there at this time than detroit and toronto.
I think it has to do with the venue.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Dallas 1 Colorado 1 in the 3rd. Another 3 point game.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:10 PM
LAsusan
Dry Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Dallas 1 Colorado 1 in the 3rd. Another 3 point game.
Hopefully not. 2-1 Colorado now.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Avs score on the PP. 2-1 with 9 minutes to go.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

That's if it HAPPENED TO ME. I can totally understand Steve Moore still being upset. I would still be upset at the guy to.

But looking at it from a bystanders point of view, I can move on from it. Yes it was horrible, yes it was uncalled for, yes it shouldn't have happened.

But I dunno, I've watched hockey for 20 years, i've seen guys do bad ****, i've seen players want to seemingly kill each other over, yes, a game. But at the end of the day they are all still human, wether or not this is nothing, and a game. And every human being is capable of crossing the line in a split second. It's not like Bertuzzi is a heartless mass murderer. Watching the guy bawl and shake in his press conference and wish it never happened was enough for me to look at him now, and say, okay that was a guy who crossed that line, in that split second, and really wished it never happened, but he can't take it back.

Does it make it any less wrong? No. But it does, to me anyways, let me forgive him a little easier perhaps.

And as far as being mad at him for the ruling of the NHL, hey that's on the NHL not on Todd Bertuzzi. I think the punishment should have carried over AFTER the lockout as well. But it wasn't his fault that was the NHLs ruling.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:19 PM
johnjm22

Bertuzzi can be forgiven; everyone makes mistakes.

But that doesn't mean he should be allowed back in the NHL.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:23 PM
cheap77

I believe it was said before in this thread and I agree with it. If I went out and did that to someone... I would be in prison right now in some serious trouble. Not playing a game and making millions of dollars doing it.

Old
01-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Bertuzzi can be forgiven; everyone makes mistakes.

But that doesn't mean he should be allowed back in the NHL.
That's on the NHL then, not Bertuzzi.

That's kind of a false cause argument. Bertuzzi was punished incorrectly by the NHL. Bertuzzi didn't MAKE the NHL punish him incorrectly. They did that themselves.

Closed Thread