HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

so maybe it was not all Bryz's fault vs OTT

Old
01-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Couturier View Post
Exaclty, we're paying Bryz to steal us some games and he hasn't done that.
he did steal us a game or two

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:03 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Great thread, great topic, great video.

If Lundqvist was playing here, certain people would be calling for his head. Both he and MAF, in their last appearances versus the Flyers, have given up goals that would be labeled "soft" by those who excoriate Bryz.

Pedestrian:

Ah well, life in Philly...
Sure, "certain people" would take the extreme view that any and every weak goal -- like the second one Bob gave up in the YT highlights you posted -- is reason to tar and feather the goalie. Those people, I strongly believe, would be met on this board with a majority of "You can't be serious." posts. Let's take the WC: Lundqvist gave up a pretty poor one for Schenn's first ever NHL goal; he played a floater clumsily and dropped the rebound right onto Schenn's stick. Previously in the game, Lundqvist stopped Jagr and Giroux on breakaways, made several other stellar stops, and then stopped Briere on a PS to seal the win. Context.

Plus, as I have posted, those goals are aberrations to their stats. Another maxim for goalies who want to remain starters in the NHL: if you give up a softie, you'd better dig deeply to redeem yourself with some exceptional stops later on.

This microanalysis of individual games and plays is just wisps of smoke insufficiently blurring consistently mediocre goaltending on Bryzgalov's part.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:38 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Sure, "certain people" would take the extreme view that any and every weak goal -- like the second one Bob gave up in the YT highlights you posted -- is reason to tar and feather the goalie. Those people, I strongly believe, would be met on this board with a majority of "You can't be serious." posts. Let's take the WC: Lundqvist gave up a pretty poor one for Schenn's first ever NHL goal; he played a floater clumsily and dropped the rebound right onto Schenn's stick. Previously in the game, Lundqvist stopped Jagr and Giroux on breakaways, made several other stellar stops, and then stopped Briere on a PS to seal the win. Context.

Plus, as I have posted, those goals are aberrations to their stats. Another maxim for goalies who want to remain starters in the NHL: if you give up a softie, you'd better dig deeply to redeem yourself with some exceptional stops later on.

This microanalysis of individual games and plays is just wisps of smoke insufficiently blurring consistently mediocre goaltending on Bryzgalov's part.
This i agree with. Every goalie that lets in goals in the NHL can and will be scrutinized on some level by one anal person or another depending on what side their on. My problem with the criticism of Bryz is that it seems knee jerk. He's 3 months in on his contract and he has not been as bad as people are actin. OH MY GOD! were STUCK with his contract is what i here from these same idiots who would've rather signed beezer the 2nd in Vokoun who sucks worse than Bryz. We are a streaky team with 2 really good goalies and we have a coach who cant make up his mind ever on who his starter is. This is detrimental to Bryzgalov. If you trade for him and sign him you need to get rid of bob and bring up leighton with what were payin him as the back up. They put bryz in a bad situation from the beginning. with all that said. He is and will remain an elite goalie. He will be back and he will start the playoffs. i garuntee.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote