HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Emptyvoid

vCash: 500
Some people just have a certain prospect that they love and hope against all odds will do well in the NHL.

Which reminds me, where the hell is ODC? I have not seen him around here for weeks, if not months.

Old
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

BC game is being streamed on NESN.com

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/live-wat...n-nesncom.html

Kreider hit a post

Old
01-14-2012, 03:16 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Some people just have a certain prospect that they love and hope against all odds will do well in the NHL.

Which reminds me, where the hell is ODC? I have not seen him around here for weeks, if not months.
Thought the same thing just the other day when someone was posting about how great Torts is. Made me remember all of his "Torts the clown" posts.

RANGERS =
Old
01-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APuckHog View Post
No offense, but whats with the love with him? He is an overage player in the OHL, i would fully expect him to be a point a game player.

But what has he done to earn a ELC? He hasn't progressed in 3 years, in the 2008-09 season he was a point a game player and now he is still a point a game player. Yes he lost a season to injury but thats life.

He looked very average in the prospect tournament as well.

He should be given an AHL contract and let him earn an NHL contract.
Losing an entire development year due to injury is considerable obstacle to overcome. He actually looked very good at Traverse, and he played well enough in his AHL stint last year for the Rangers to consider keeping him up instead of sending him back to Junior. He'll get an ELC.

He has a quality combination of size, skating and finishing ability. It would behoove the Rangers to be patient with his development and keep him in the organization.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
No offense, but whats with the love with him? He is an overage player in the OHL, i would fully expect him to be a point a game player.

But what has he done to earn a ELC? He hasn't progressed in 3 years, in the 2008-09 season he was a point a game player and now he is still a point a game player. Yes he lost a season to injury but thats life.

He looked very average in the prospect tournament as well.

He should be given an AHL contract and let him earn an NHL contract.
Completely disagree (obviously ). My thoughts:

He's an overager, yes, but as you point out, he lost all of his post-draft year to an injury, so he hasn't had the opportunity for his game to progress. (I also wonder whether or not the injury didn't affect his draft year as well since it was only discovered when he had his Rangers camp physical). So, you can't judge his progress in the same way you can a player like, say, Thomas - especially not the first half of the year.

And, in line with that point, he IS impressing recently. He started out slow, but has been coming on for more than two months now. He's at 1.3PPG for his last 26 games. Even more impressively, he has 18 goals in his last 23 games.

I liked him when we drafted him based on his profile - good size and skill, thought of as a potential first rounder going into his draft year, then had a down year leading up to the draft (potentially due to the injury as I mentioned) - but it was when I watched him play at TC that I really became a fan. Unlike you, I thought he was one of the best players in the tournament. He was constantly in scoring position (even though he flubbed a couple), displayed fantastic puck control (both on the wall and while skating) and showed better than anticipated passing. Perhaps most tellingly, his line dominated play and kept the puck in the other zone whenever it was on the ice. To me it was no coincidence that the baby Rangers started to lose once he got injured.

So, yes, I am campaigning hard for him to get an ELC.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Losing an entire development year due to injury is considerable obstacle to overcome. He actually looked very good at Traverse, and he played well enough in his AHL stint last year for the Rangers to consider keeping him up instead of sending him back to Junior. He'll get an ELC.

He has a quality combination of size, skating and finishing ability. It would behoove the Rangers to be patient with his development and keep him in the organization.
Yeah. What he said.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:06 PM
emodwarf

Kreider with a SHG at frozen fenway! BC up 2-1 with 15 left in the 3rd.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by emodwarf View Post
Kreider with a SHG at frozen fenway! BC up 2-1 with 15 left in the 3rd.
Awesome!! We need to see a video of that

Old
01-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Completely disagree (obviously ). My thoughts:

He's an overager, yes, but as you point out, he lost all of his post-draft year to an injury, so he hasn't had the opportunity for his game to progress. (I also wonder whether or not the injury didn't affect his draft year as well since it was only discovered when he had his Rangers camp physical). So, you can't judge his progress in the same way you can a player like, say, Thomas - especially not the first half of the year.

And, in line with that point, he IS impressing recently. He started out slow, but has been coming on for more than two months now. He's at 1.3PPG for his last 26 games. Even more impressively, he has 18 goals in his last 23 games.

I liked him when we drafted him based on his profile - good size and skill, thought of as a potential first rounder going into his draft year, then had a down year leading up to the draft (potentially due to the injury as I mentioned) - but it was when I watched him play at TC that I really became a fan. Unlike you, I thought he was one of the best players in the tournament. He was constantly in scoring position (even though he flubbed a couple), displayed fantastic puck control (both on the wall and while skating) and showed better than anticipated passing. Perhaps most tellingly, his line dominated play and kept the puck in the other zone whenever it was on the ice. To me it was no coincidence that the baby Rangers started to lose once he got injured.

So, yes, I am campaigning hard for him to get an ELC.
Fair enough

Old
01-14-2012, 05:13 PM
emodwarf

Quote:
Agreed! Especially since I actually missed it since I'm trying to get some work done at the same time.

Glad it's streaming on NESN.com at least, but the lack of replay makes me sad.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:16 PM
emodwarf

This isn't breaking news, but man, Kreider has jets. One of his linemates led Kreider with a cross ice pass in the neutral zone and Kreider just took off.

Didn't score, but he let off a nice wrister glove side right above the pads as the goalie went down in butterfly.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

BC goal. 3-1 BC, 7:30 to go in third.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:26 PM
YoungD4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That would be amazing if McIlrath turns out like that. Hopefully he becomes a more talented, more mean version of our Adam MacQuaid from Boston.
Sauer is a pretty good skater

Isn't Mclarith an ok skater and slow

Old
01-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Pizza

BC broadcast team was commenting that Kreider is not using his body enough. That more needs to be seen game in/out from Kreider. That he "can dominate a game when he wants to."

Old
01-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post

At one point I heard Gordie say that he was better than average for a guy his size, but that he needed work as most kids his age do.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
BC goal. 3-1 BC, 7:30 to go in third.
That goal was called back because the net was dislodged.

Still 2-1.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Very nice goal and a shorty to boot. Went right around the D man using strength and speed. Very nice indeed.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
BC broadcast team was commenting that Kreider is not using his body enough. That more needs to be seen game in/out from Kreider. That he "can dominate a game when he wants to."
Kreider is a little over a PPG this year. This is just about dominating college hockey already

Old
01-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Kreider is a little over a PPG this year. This is just about dominating college hockey already
Just letting everyone know what guys who are BC homers are saying. Having listened to the comment it was clear they feel he has more to give. Kenny Hodge who is the color guy said that he felt certain that the Rangers would want and would get more from Kreider.

Old
01-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post

He's a good skater for someone his size. His lateral movement needs some work, as does his transition from backward movement to forward movement -- i.e., turning at the blue line to retrieve dump-ins -- but he's definitely not slow. Probably about as fast as Girardi.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
ThirdEye

Fogarty is heating up again. I believe he has 6 points in his last two games

Old
01-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I know it was only streamed and not televised, but if it's possible at all, can someone please YT the Kreider SHG? Thanks.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:27 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Fogarty is heating up again. I believe he has 6 points in his last two games
23 straight wins for Penticton

Old
01-15-2012, 08:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
23 straight wins for Penticton
That team is just insane.

It's just pain.
Old
01-15-2012, 08:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe spoke with Jeff Gorton on Friday

Quote:
Gorton, now living in Westchester County, was reached via phone Friday as he made his way to watch top Rangers prospect Chris Kreider, the budding power forward for Boston College, play against UMass. Kreider, the 19th overall pick in 2009, is a junior and could turn pro when the Eagles’ season is done.

“He’s got a very nice skill set - first and foremost his speed, that’s his biggest asset,’’ Gorton said of the Boxford-raised Kreider. “And he has size, maybe 6-2 or 6-3 and 220 pounds. So he projects as a power forward as a pro, but that said, he’s still in college and whenever he’s ready to talk to us, that’s up to him.’’
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...int/?page=full

Closed Thread