HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs UFAs at the trade deadline

Old
01-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

vCash: 500
Habs UFAs at the trade deadline

-Moen, Kostitsyn, Gill: Need to be signed by the deadline or should be traded to a playoff team.
(We're a team that's rebuilding, we can't take the risk of having these guys play the season and walk for nothing.)

-Campoli: If anyone wants him, he should be traded at deadline

-Darche, Willsie, Henry, Callahan, Stafford, Lawson:
Should anyone of these guys be signed?
Could any of them be thrown in as an add-on in a deadline trade?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:17 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
-Moen, Kostitsyn, Gill: Need to be signed by the deadline or should be traded to a playoff team.
We're a team that's rebuilding, we can't take the risk of having these guys play the season and walk for nothing.

-Campoli: If anyone wants him, he should be traded at deadline

-Darche, Willsie, Henry, Callahan, Stafford, Lawson:
Should anyone of these guys be signed?
Could any of them be thrown in as an add-on in a deadline trade?
I keep AK46, Moen and Gill might be traded (Campoli, if it is ever possible)

DO NOT want Darche back; honeymoon is over

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Roulin

Moen - he is a fine player... at his position, there will be plenty of somewhat less famous, but just as effective grinders available through free agency. I'd trade him no matter what. I believe there will be a decent market for him at the deadline. If Moen is willing to return over the summer after a playoff run elsewhere, that would work out fine. Otherwise, I think he is replaceable.

Darche - I could see him being useful to a contender that sustains a few injuries up front. He's nothing special, but is coachable and versatile.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:21 PM
TheBuriedHab

I like Moen, but if a 2nd rounder is offered, CYA!

Ak I want to keep, I think he fits in if we want big wingers and 3 lines that can score.

Gill gone, Campoli gone.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Moen and Gill will be attractive to playoff bound teams

I don't see any playoff team really looking at Kostitsyn at the deadline...could just wait until July 1

Anyone could've had Campoli, I don't see getting much in return

Owen Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
I don't see any playoff team really looking at Kostitsyn at the deadline...could just wait until July 1
You don't think any playoff team would give even a 7th round pick for Kostitsyn at a 1 Million.Something salary?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Shabutie

I'd try to re-sign Kostitsyn asap, if we can't agree on a deal then trade him. We can't afford to shoot ourselves in the foot again (Komisarek, Souray, Streit). Trading away those UFAs could help us greatly in the near future.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Forsead

I think Moen and Kostitsyn could have some value, but I want them both being resigned. All the others can be traded for picks or prospects and I would be happy.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

Keep moen and kostitsyn. Trading them, barring overpayment should depend on their contract status. If they take fair deals then you keep them. I strongly believe the habs should reunite moen and pahlsson this summer and along with white create a real checking line to provide some easier match ups to our more talented players.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I'd try to re-sign Kostitsyn asap, if we can't agree on a deal then trade him. We can't afford to shoot ourselves in the foot again (Komisarek, Souray, Streit). Trading away those UFAs could help us greatly in the near future.
I agree with this approach, with Kostitsyn. However, I don't think it's the same situation as with Komi, Souray and Streit. Every playoff team loses free agents - even if you don't intend to re-sign some of them, you can't be getting rid of useful players if you're trying to get to the playoffs and make a deep run. This year, that obviously isn't an issue.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:53 PM
LastRide

Moen is having a very good season and is one of our best players this year. Who you going to replace him with ?.You guys want to dump him off for someone who will never lace up his skates as a Hab. AK is also one of our better players this year, and isn't afraid to hit people or go grind it out in the corners. We don't have enough of these types of players. Plus he can put up some numbers. Sign these two. The rest can go.

Last edited by LastRide: 01-14-2012 at 06:59 PM.
LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:53 PM
SeriousHabs

I am happy with Darche at league minimum. I really don't understand the hate he gets. The guy is a 5-7 min 4th liner that can actually score from time to time. For the money, he is way more productive than Cammalleri!

Moen and Gill might generate attention. I'd love to see Kostitsyn traded, but I doubt it will happen. I'd make him a 2year offer he isn't traded. Bring him to that 2014 contract sweetspot. Not winning before that anyways.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Keep moen and kostitsyn. Trading them, barring overpayment should depend on their contract status. If they take fair deals then you keep them. I strongly believe the habs should reunite moen and pahlsson this summer and along with white create a real checking line to provide some easier match ups to our more talented players.
Exactly. 3rd line of AK/Eller/Leblanc 4th line Moen/Pahlsson/White would be a real strong bottom 6. AK/Moen would cost less than players of equal ability at UFA. They themselves would cost more at UFA than now, so if PG is smart, he's seeing what they want, and if it's too high he moves them. If it' fair he signs them.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'd trade Moen, Gill, Campoli and try to re-sign Kostitsyn. I highly doubt anyone other player would get a return.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 06:57 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I am happy with Darche at league minimum. I really don't understand the hate he gets. The guy is a 5-7 min 4th liner that can actually score from time to time. For the money, he is way more productive than Cammalleri!

Moen and Gill might generate attention. I'd love to see Kostitsyn traded, but I doubt it will happen. I'd make him a 2year offer he isn't traded. Bring him to that 2014 contract sweetspot. Not winning before that anyways.
Darche for the money he makes is pretty solid for a 4th liner. I would resign him too. He can poke a few in and always seems to be working hard from what I see most times. Save the money to land a bigger fish 1st/2nd line.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Keep Moen.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Moen is having a very good season and is one of our best players this year. Who you going to replace him with ?.You guys want to dump him off for someone who will never lace up his skates as a Hab. AK is also one of our better players this year, and isn't afraid to hit people or go grind it out in the corners. We don't have enough of these types of players. Plus he can put up some numbers. Sign these two. The rest can go.
So Moen is at what should be the height of his value, best time to make a deal with a replaceable player.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Young Gun

Offer a contract to Ak in the next couple of weeks, if he over prices himself, trade him at the deadline for whatever you can get

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Captain Saku

Re-sign Moen and AK.

Trade Gill, Campoli and Darche.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
Moen and AK keep

rest trade

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
(We're a team that's rebuilding, we can't take the risk of having these guys play the season and walk for nothing.)
Kostitsyn traded for a first rounder or top prospect. Habs might as well get the extra pick. This year is done and you know AK be nuts not to test the open market this summer. So, Habs can bring him back if they want him back. Many clubs be looking for a top 6 forward who can hit, he has good value to playoff team.

Moen should have some value. Value for these kind of players are always poping up. Look at JVR or Wheeler injuries today. A 2nd round pick or prospect we like? Open to bringing him back also.

Gill lesser value...3rd round? Maybe 2nd round if team gets desperate days before the deadline. Black Hawks? Wings? Flyers with Pronger injury?

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

GILL HAS to be traded. Whatever pick we can have for this upcoming draft.

Moen and Kosty? That's more problematic. Obviously, I'd like to know what their intention are. If you feel they are going to test the market, you deal them. But when your intention is becoming a bigger team. And have a good mix of size and skill, well you have to consider keeping those 2.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Habsfan18

I think we can get somewhat of a bidding war for Gill at the deadline. He'd be a nice veteran presence and penalty killer for a contending team.

I see no reason why a team wouldn't be willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd for him, if they're desperate enough. I mean we've seen it at the deadline year after year.

Then again, knowing PG, he'll offer him to 1 team for a 4th round pick, and they'll say yes, and that will be that.

01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Moen Is likely a goner if we don't start winning. Maybe my favorrite but given the circumstances and the demand for his skillset, he's on borrowed time.

On the brighter side, Gill and Moen should fetch good value in return.
2nd rounders or good prospects. Maybe they could get us more as a package deal.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Darche for the money he makes is pretty solid for a 4th liner. I would resign him too. He can poke a few in and always seems to be working hard from what I see most times. Save the money to land a bigger fish 1st/2nd line.
We need thoughness on the 4th line not grannies like Darche. We need to change the look of this team.

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote