HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Sabres power rankings

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2005, 07:45 AM
lecherous

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lecherous
My Sabres power rankings

1. Toni Lydman - Where would we be without this guy? Not on the edge of 50 points at Xmas time, that's for sure.

2. [Biron/Miller] - Whoever you want to put in here, they rank #2. I'm leaning with Miller as of late, but Marty did have a great run. Miller's stats are phenomenal though, 8-4 with a 2.46 GAA and .920 SV%, right around top 5 in the league in the latter two.

3. Derek Roy - A bit of a shocker, but despite his -7 rating I can't overlook how well he's been playing lately. He's been giving the most effort out of anyone on the ice and creating things out of nothing.

4. Henrik Tallinder - Wow, what a transformation. All it took is a little confidence to finally show the skill we all knew he had.

5. Jay McKee - Tailed off a little bit lately, but not necessarily in a bad way. He's a rock and one of our most consistent players.

6. Tim Connolly - Definitely coming into his own, currently tied with Gaustad for highest +/- for forwards.

7. Ales Kotalik - Best one-timer in the NHL? I think so. A huge reason for our PP success this year.

8. Jochen Hecht - Does all the little things so well. Always has the pass right there where his teammate wants it, and never gets knocked off his skates.

9. Chris Drury - Very clutch, but I wish he'd show up a bit more throughout the entire game and not just certain spots.

10. Thomas Vanek - 5 goals in 11 games in December - I think he might be starting to hit his stride.

Honorable mention : Briere (but only because of lack of play), Max (only because of those stupid penalties he takes), Gaustad (only because there aren't 11 spots in a top 10), Numminnen, and J-Poms.

Not on my good list : Campbell (-11 this season, I'm still not sold that he's not a liability out there), Grier (I like the effort, but he just doesn't do much out there really)

Anyone else who I missed hasn't played enough for me to make a decision, or would fit somewhere between Honorable mention and my doghouse.

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about the rankings.

Old
12-26-2005, 08:27 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
1. Toni Lydman - Where would we be without this guy? Not on the edge of 50 points at Xmas time, that's for sure.

2. [Biron/Miller] - Whoever you want to put in here, they rank #2. I'm leaning with Miller as of late, but Marty did have a great run. Miller's stats are phenomenal though, 8-4 with a 2.46 GAA and .920 SV%, right around top 5 in the league in the latter two.

3. Derek Roy - A bit of a shocker, but despite his -7 rating I can't overlook how well he's been playing lately. He's been giving the most effort out of anyone on the ice and creating things out of nothing.

4. Henrik Tallinder - Wow, what a transformation. All it took is a little confidence to finally show the skill we all knew he had.

5. Jay McKee - Tailed off a little bit lately, but not necessarily in a bad way. He's a rock and one of our most consistent players.

6. Tim Connolly - Definitely coming into his own, currently tied with Gaustad for highest +/- for forwards.

7. Ales Kotalik - Best one-timer in the NHL? I think so. A huge reason for our PP success this year.

8. Jochen Hecht - Does all the little things so well. Always has the pass right there where his teammate wants it, and never gets knocked off his skates.

9. Chris Drury - Very clutch, but I wish he'd show up a bit more throughout the entire game and not just certain spots.

10. Thomas Vanek - 5 goals in 11 games in December - I think he might be starting to hit his stride.

Honorable mention : Briere (but only because of lack of play), Max (only because of those stupid penalties he takes), Gaustad (only because there aren't 11 spots in a top 10), Numminnen, and J-Poms.

Not on my good list : Campbell (-11 this season, I'm still not sold that he's not a liability out there), Grier (I like the effort, but he just doesn't do much out there really)

Anyone else who I missed hasn't played enough for me to make a decision, or would fit somewhere between Honorable mention and my doghouse.

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about the rankings.
#1. Hard to argue with Lydman here. He has been a horse for us.
#2. Connolly- Playing in every situation. Killing Penalties, running the PP, creating at even strength. I think it'll be interesting to see if the Vanek-Connolly-Kotalik line stays together.
#3. McKee- I predicted that the before the season started, a year off would help McKee more than anyone. He's been 99-01 McKee, not 02-04 McKee.
#4. Miller
#5. Biron
#6. Kotalik- Leading the team in goals. He could finish the season with 35 goals....
#7. Briere- When he has been in there, he's been our best player on the ice most nights.
#8. Drury- Hard to find a night where he doesn't leave nearly everything on the ice.
#9. Hecht- A quiet, but solid season so far.
#10. Gaustaud- I can't find a night where he isn't noticable. Just goes out there and disrupts. He's doing what Begin was supposed to do for Buffalo in 03-04.

Honorable Mention. Vanek- Yet to go on a 7 goal in 4 game tear . Afinogenov- Creates alot with his speed. Has taken a step foward this year, but still isn't where his skill level suggests he should be. Roy- Starting to prove he really belongs in the NHL. Numinen and Tallinder- Have done exactly what they need to be doing for this team.

Old
12-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

I'm gonna go with the tenders...

1 - Biron/Miller
2 - Lydman
3 - Drury
The rest are too close too call, more or less...

Closed Thread