Speaking of Peter Douris remember....

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
42asskicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Luc Dufour and Taylor Hall not getting any rememberance??
I was waiting for somebody to say Luc Dufour. How 'bout Randy Hillier, Tom Fergus and Dave Silk!

Old
11-04-2003, 05:08 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles
50. Clark Donatelli?
52. Petr Prajsler?
28. Wade Campbell?
Brian Dobbins?
43. Jean Yves Roy?
33. Matt Delguidice?

a personal favorite, though....

39. Moe Lemay.
hey, I see Jean Yves all the time- he's playing in Switzeraland and living in the North Shore.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:09 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier
Thomas Gradin
Petri Skriko
Mikko Makela
Troy Mallete
Gord Murphy
Gordie Roberts
Bobby Carpenter
Al "The Planet" Iafrate
Brian Curran
Dean Chynoweth
Tommy Lehmann(and his hot Swedish wife)
yes, I forgot about her- tall, blonde (there's a revelation ) and if only Tommy was half as good as she was looking.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Spitz

Quote:
Luc Dufour and Taylor Hall not getting any rememberance??
do NOT rip Luc Dufour!!!!

Old
11-06-2003, 04:33 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitz
do NOT rip Luc Dufour!!!!
Why not? The guy was pretty overrated IMO. He had one good year. Next!

Dave Barr was also around for a brief cup of coffee to begin his NHL career

Old
11-06-2003, 05:56 AM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
How about Clark Donatelli? I think he played about 10 games for the Bruins following the '92 Olympics. I remember him for two reasons- one was his name, you don't forget a name like Donatelli, especially when your favorite ninja turtle was Donatello. :p And I'm pretty sure he was on the box for EA's NHL 94, coming back on the back check, number 50, Donatelli. Although, now that I think about it, why the hell did EA use a pic from '92 for their '94 game? Especially one that featured Clark Donatelli?

It bothered me so much I searched ebay for a box shot, and it's definitely Donatelli. Somebody please tell me there has been another Bruin to make a video game box.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:03 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
How about Clark Donatelli? I think he played about 10 games for the Bruins following the '92 Olympics.
Gord Hynes was another Olympian (Canada) who came in and contributed right away for that last Conference finals run the B's made in 1992.

But the B's didn't keep him, and he kinda fell off the face of the earth after that...

Old
11-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'll go back 30 years...

How about Jacques Plante..8 games in '73..

I was at the Gahden in his shutout debut... It was like a conquering hero . He stayed out on the ice with arms raisede while we all went nuts...

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
11-06-2003, 06:45 AM
knuckles*

Another favorite of mine....

25. Louis Sleigher.

How could I have forgotten him the first time around?

Old
11-06-2003, 06:48 AM
Bruwinz37

What about Alan Stewart? 4 games 17 PIMS. Its funny how you remember someone so vividly but when you look back it was only 4 games. He had some real issues if I remember correctly....or he was a born again or something like that. Anyone else remember this guy?

Old
11-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
What about Alan Stewart? 4 games 17 PIMS. Its funny how you remember someone so vividly but when you look back it was only 4 games. He had some real issues if I remember correctly....or he was a born again or something like that. Anyone else remember this guy?
Alan "BEEF" Stewart

I remember him well. He had played for the Devils before coming to the B's and was a total goon. He had issues when he got to Boston, and I don't remember what they were.

Alan, we hardly knew ye!

Old
11-06-2003, 08:03 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Alan "BEEF" Stewart

I remember him well. He had played for the Devils before coming to the B's and was a total goon. He had issues when he got to Boston, and I don't remember what they were.

Alan, we hardly knew ye!

I think Stewart left the B's to become a priest. Another guy I just thought of was the lightning fast Ron Flockhart, who played a few games in the mid 80's, I think.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
I think Stewart left the B's to become a priest. Another guy I just thought of was the lightning fast Ron Flockhart, who played a few games in the mid 80's, I think.
I think you are right. He wanted to become some type of minister. I guess that is, in a way, having issues.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88
Flockey hockey!

He skated around with a no. 36 jersey but no nameplate before retiring.

I think he had a 30-goal season with the Flyers in the early 80's before moving onto the Blues, which was where we got him.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:00 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
I can't believe no one has mentioned one of the best bruin d-men ever Jon Rohloff or even that great little forward named Cameron Stewart.

Wow, I miss those guys!!!

Old
11-06-2003, 10:55 PM
DKH

Quote:
This is one amazing story and had the board been around then he would have dominated for days. He never played a home game I don't think after coming aboard. But he had a couple of fights including one memorable one with SJ's Link Gaetz. It is one of the ten fights I would remember if anyone ever asked me that question. It was a vicious bloodbath at the Shark tank that I'd give points to on Gaetz but an A to both guys. There were articles on him that week how he was questioning his role in life basically as a hockey pugulist. He quit, he didn't and then Harry I think waived him and he was gone forever atleast as a Broon (I am curios know and will look it up)-

he never played another NHL game, did play 4 games with Broons but certain all on road; and the fight with Gaetz I have seen on tape so its out there. Hey, I may even have it somewhere....oh, and he was listed as only 5'11 and 175lbs but I never remember size as an issue; I'd have thought 6 feet 2 bills but heck, he's Middleton's size.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:05 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
I'll go back 30 years...

How about Jacques Plante..8 games in '73..

I was at the Gahden in his shutout debut... It was like a conquering hero . He stayed out on the ice with arms raisede while we all went nuts...
I'm almost certain it was the Sunday game of the week and was a 6-0 shutout. He skated the length of the ice after the victory without really even acknowledging the team like they do today. Maybe thats what he did...if Dabroons was around he'd tell some wild stories of Plante including him taking the rental car with him back to Canada and legend has it Harry made sure the Broons got it back.

The real shame was Plante was done all but that game and cost the Broons a first round pick that turned out to be if memory serves correct Ian Turnbull who was a solid Leaf defenseman for years. Bad, bad deal and never fit in with Broons players- he had that "I'm playing with the enemy attitude" and from my understanding was not accepted or liked that well by the team and these were the original Bobby Orr and Big, Bad Bruins- as close a team as could find and Plante was always the enemy in more ways than one.

Old
11-06-2003, 11:13 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles
Another favorite of mine....

25. Louis Sleigher.

How could I have forgotten him the first time around?
Sleigher lived near me and hung around with the boys- heck of a guy. Really, really funny. Very french accent (thats no knock) and I'll give you two of the things about him that comes to mind (that I can print)...he used to be known for turning Park and using him like a traffic cone especially in Les Collisee.

He started the greatest NHL brawl in their history against the Habs. If anyone remembers it or has it on tape and loves this stuff you have to see it to believe it. All other bench clearing brawls should be measured against this one. Me and the guy I went to games with for years at the Gah-den had stopped over one of my friends apartment after he had gotten married and we had the Montreal feed so we put the game on in the background as we had a beer or two and bs'd. Well, did we strike goonery gold. I remember the three of us just sitting there in disbelief over what was going on. I'll post on Habs board sometime and ask older Habs fans if they remember this night. I've seen a tape of it somewhere and I think Slegiher either cheap shotted or ran Jean Hamel but not sure- just that he was the 'guy' everyone wanted and not alive

I never really asked him about it because it seemed to be a touchy subject- not 100 % shore but he must have caught alot of crap about it back home- long time ago so I'm a bit hazy on it accept for we didn't talk to him about it much and we certainly wanted to.

He also had a really bad shoulder that ended his career which was to bad- he was short but man was he wide/solid. As my mother would say- Louie, looks like a hockey player.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:15 AM
knuckles*

DKH:

You are amazing.

Wow.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:37 AM
misterjaggers

Al Stewart rescued (briefly) from obscurity: