HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Criticism of Briere and JVR

Old
12-14-2011, 09:26 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Just noticed this thread and I wanted to copy in a couple of posts I made in this past GDT.

Re: JVR
Quote:
For people complaining about the complaining on JVR...I haven't read every page, so I haven't seen any of the complaining, but I felt the need to chime in. Do you really think he had a good game? I thought he was, once again, entirely invisibile. Voracek and Talbot were extremely noticeable, and there was only once or twice where I actually noticed JVR. The kid's a ghost.

And don't go pointing to 2 assists as if that makes it a great game. He made a drop pass at the blue line on a terribly weak goal, and had the secondary assist on a tip in. Far from impressive.
Quote:
I do believe that he's banged up.

However, what I'm seeing is no different from what I NORMALLY see from JVR. I just can't stand him anymore. I can't handle seeing him be a ghost for 15 games, and then, all of a sudden, he has a game where he can do whatever he wants at will. It just pisses me off to no end that he, seemingly, turns it on that easily. Then he disappears for another 20 games.

It's been the same story for 2.5 years now, and I don't think him being banged up has much to do with it.

I've never really had a player, that wasn't a scrub (Shelley, Jones, etc.), that I hated before. Plenty of people hated Carter for the way he played, or Carle; but I didn't/don't (I don't really care for Carle but he's a good player). I am getting really close to hating JVR though, I just can't take it anymore.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Guy Incognito

Would you do a trade involving JVR+ for D.Brown and Slava Voinov?

Just a thought...Really don't wanna give up on JVR but he has to get his head out of his ass and start playing with some passion.

Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM

When his team needs him, when players are dropping like flies, when it seems like all hope is gone...

Nobody can find Briere. What a terrible season he's having.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:14 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
When his team needs him, when players are dropping like flies, when it seems like all hope is gone...

Nobody can find Briere. What a terrible season he's having.
Briere, Jagr, Pronger, Timonen, our 4 aged players, only 1 of which is still performing like a star. Pronger's likely done for good, Jagr wants to play his last season in the Czech Republic and won't commit to the Flyers for another year, Briere has a few years left on an atrocious contract and Kimmo is probably saying get me the **** out of here, I can't carry this team's defensive play every single shift.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
bryzgalovsky*

yeah it's briere's fault that the flyers are losing

if only this team would average 5 goals a game instead of 3.35

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 10:56 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

JVR has been hurt and Danny has been the number one clutch player for us for like the past four years.

Blaming them is idiotic.

Blame lies on

1.goaltending - Universe Man
2.Defense

in that order.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:18 PM
EagleFlyer

I never thought in a million years that will all the trades and signings that goaltending would be their biggest problem!

Maybe Bryz like Briere will turn it on in the playoffs!

EagleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote