HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Ana-Sabres

Old
01-12-2012, 10:42 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sure. Too bad both the Rags and Flyers covet him, per LeBrun, have better teams than we do, and play in more attractive cities. Other than that, I like our chances.
Ya your probably right but terry had been pretty convincing before so you never know, what is suter looking for like 6 million?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:05 PM
keithLGA

Threads/articles like this prove deals are on the table but not necessarily in the best interest for Buffalo and fans aren't ready to make the big move.

Also shows what many have said which is that Darcy puts too much value on players which is supposedly why few teams want to deal with him.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
Threads/articles like this prove deals are on the table but not necessarily in the best interest for Buffalo and fans aren't ready to make the big move.
Sabres fans never want to trade a quarter for a quarter. They'd prefer trading two dimes and a nickel for a quarter, which most smart GMs will roundly reject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
Also shows what many have said which is that Darcy puts too much value on players which is supposedly why few teams want to deal with him.
Wait, do you actually believe that Derek Roy is unwanted by every team in the league while at least two teams--Calgary and the team of the GM who told LeBrun he wished he knew was available--wanted Mike freaking Cammalleri and his albatross contract? Come on.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:08 PM
wyldthing89

I know Getzlaf is an asset to every teams but i don't want anything about Myers being involve. This guy is the next Chara or Pronger for me.

Also trading 3-4 forwards that can usually play on top 6 is too much either for 1 player back.

Something involving 2 players in Roy, Ennis, Adams or Stafford, a 1st and prospect like Pisyk is more decent and realistic for me for Getzlaf +

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
Away, PM another mod

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sabres fans never want to trade a quarter for a quarter. They'd prefer trading two dimes and a nickel for a quarter, which most smart GMs will roundly reject.
Agreed. Also, I hate to rain on the trade parade, but ever since Anaheim GM Bob Murray called out his players in the media, the Ducks have gone 4-0-1, with their star trio averaging at least a point per game. Ryan Getzlaf (1-5-6 +4), Corey Perry (5-2-7 +5), and Bobby Ryan (2-3-5 +3) all have responded in emphatic fashion, so exactly why are the Ducks gonna trade them for anything less than "overpayment", especially when it appears they've finally come out of their slumps? It's not as if the Ducks are looking to add a player in an attempt to make the playoffs this season, they're 15 points back of 8th in the West. IMO they should just ride the season out because as it stands with the second-pick, they're looking at either a new second-line center in Mikhail Grigorenko to complement Getzlaf OR a replacement for Teemu Selanne in winger Nail Yakupov.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:09 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Lemme know what you think.

Roy
1st(4-8 any later and the value is alot lower and higher and the value is alot higher.)
Adam
Ennis
Stafford

Getzlaf
Lydman

You would have to dump something if it is Ennis.
I'd drive Roy & Stafford to the airport for Getzlaf. It's the 1st, Adam, and Ennis piece that would have me swallowing hard.

Replace Lydman with Smith-Pelly and add a 2nd, and I'd pull the trigger, though.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:41 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Anaheim laughs and hangs up.
This comment is beyond highly doubtful.
Anaheim asks where they need to sign.

People are basing value on emotion, and that's just not how it works I'm afraid.

The original OP is overpayment on a massive scale for Getzlaf and Lydman and Reger isn't going to want Lydman back, Buffalo is overstocked with D men as it is at the NHL level.

To land Getzlaf the package would most likely have to include Roy and a couple other NHL roster players that have high upside.

Roy
Stafford/Ennis
Kassian/McNabb
1st

That would about do it I would imagine.
And I'd be hard pressed to give up Kassian or McNabb for a guy with only 1 season left on his contract.
Better deals can be made to get back the value for our assets.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:58 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
This comment is beyond highly doubtful.
Anaheim asks where they need to sign.

People are basing value on emotion, and that's just not how it works I'm afraid.

The original OP is overpayment on a massive scale for Getzlaf and Lydman and Reger isn't going to want Lydman back, Buffalo is overstocked with D men as it is at the NHL level.

To land Getzlaf the package would most likely have to include Roy and a couple other NHL roster players that have high upside.

Roy
Stafford/Ennis
Kassian/McNabb
1st

That would about do it I would imagine.
And I'd be hard pressed to give up Kassian or McNabb for a guy with only 1 season left on his contract.
Better deals can be made to get back the value for our assets.
Wait... what?

Roy, Stafford, Kassian, 1st
Roy, Ennis, Kassian, 1st
Roy, Stafford, McNabb, 1st
Roy, Ennis, McNabb, 1st

Those are all good deals, while...

Roy, Adam, Ennis, 1st
or
Roy, Adam, Stafford, 1st

is massive overpayment on Buffalo's part?

Am I understanding you correctly?

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I think its funny that I make it ennis and stafford instead of ennis/stafford and it goes from "LOL ANAHEIM HANGS UP" to "LOL BUFFALO HANGS UP". Is Stafford or Ennis really that much of a difference lol

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Wait... what?

Roy, Stafford, Kassian, 1st
Roy, Ennis, Kassian, 1st
Roy, Stafford, McNabb, 1st
Roy, Ennis, McNabb, 1st

Those are all good deals, while...

Roy, Adam, Ennis, 1st
or
Roy, Adam, Stafford, 1st

is massive overpayment on Buffalo's part?

Am I understanding you correctly?
It is either massive overpayment or massive underpayment. Dont you know that?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:15 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I think its funny that I make it ennis and stafford instead of ennis/stafford and it goes from "LOL ANAHEIM HANGS UP" to "LOL BUFFALO HANGS UP". Is Stafford or Ennis really that much of a difference lol
Adding another top 6 player obviously is a big change in value...

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:28 PM
McTank

Please take
Roy
Stafford
Boyes
Hecht
Gragnani
Weber
Leino

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
CBC.CA: Eric Francis reports not many GMs around the league think Ducks GM Bob Murray was serious about trading Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf or Corey Perry, who all want to stay in Anaheim. Francis spoke with Teemu Selanne, who left the door open for a possible trade if the Ducks are eliminated soon from playoff contention
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...87038194&tab=1

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
The fact that the Ducks are playing better since Murray called guys out, I think that means that they are even less likely to tear apart that roster.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
The fact that the Ducks are playing better since Murray called guys out, I think that means that they are even less likely to tear apart that roster.
Yup - it seems to have been just a ploy to rile up his stars. It wouldn't be the first time a star's pride was wounded enough to spark new motivation and better performance.

Maybe Regier should take note and start publicly saying he'll trade Miller, Roy, Stafford, Boyes, Leino, etc. in similar hopes that they'll respond with improved play. I'm not seeing the benefits of insulating and coddling his struggling players from criticism.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:52 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Yup - it seems to have been just a ploy to rile up his stars. It wouldn't be the first time a star's pride was wounded enough to spark new motivation and better performance.

Maybe Regier should take note and start publicly saying he'll trade Miller, Roy, Stafford, Boyes, Leino, etc. in similar hopes that they'll respond with improved play. I'm not seeing the benefits of insulating and coddling his struggling players from criticism.
This team doesn't appear to have the mental makeup where something like that will be extremely effective.

Pegula flipping out in Pittsburgh and calling out the goalies sure didn't.

I guess it's worth a try. I just doubt it will work with this crew.